• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

PsychBat!

Banned
That was soooo good. But what about
That dude that Uncle Palpy was chillin with? The eyeball dude? He looked like what would happen if Greedo banged Mon Mothma
I thought Jabba would give Vader a hard time but
Vader made Jabba his bitch

Isak_Borg

I think If Isak worked at someplace like CMX he should pitch to them that there should be a comic dating/IM service that is integrated into the app.

I think there should be comic meetups.

The whole point of comic weds is rubbing shoulders with folks in a physical space. Having folks chat online just isn't the same.

jordisok

what's the recommendations on ipads comics reading brehs? Think I gotta just take the hit and am bit out of my zone on this

basically Air 1 or Air 2? black bezel/white bezel (this question feels so stupid idk why), and 16/64 gb etc?

Isak_Borg

what's the recommendations on ipads comics reading brehs? Think I gotta just take the hit and am bit out of my zone on this

basically Air 1 or Air 2? black bezel/white bezel (this question feels so stupid idk why), and 16/64 gb etc?

I have a iPad Mini 2 and i'm in love with it.

I can whip it out in public and no one notices.

I think If Isak worked at someplace like CMX he should pitch to them that there should be a comic dating/IM service that is integrated into the app.

No, I'd have to resort to getting my comics via carrier pigeon if that happened.

If I wanted to talk to people, I'd be doing something more social. Talking to the cashier just feels like wasting time and another step into turning into the guy that sniffed Messi's comics.

PsychBat!

Banned
No, I'd have to resort to getting my comics via carrier pigeon if that happened.

If I wanted to talk to people, I'd be doing something more social. Talking to the cashier just feels like wasting time and another step into turning into the guy that sniffed Messi's comics.
Messi sniffs your comics.

Owzers

I prefer black bezels on the ipad because with the ipad's screen ratio you get black borders on the sides of portrait mode reading, if you have a white bezel than you get zebra mode going on white comic page border then a black border for screen size then a white bezel.

with ipad 3 i went 16gb, with ipad air 2 i finally went wtih 64gb because they made that the same price as the previous model's 32gb.

I'm not hyped for Secret Wars, i don't see a lot of strong creative teams on the tie-ins yet, but it will make great Marvel Unlimited reading due to how many mostly intriguing premises there are.

MG310

!!!

DCBombshells_TheJoker_HarleyQuinn_54dc127812cb91.09125889.jpg

Also original concept art Harley Black & White statue, animated Batmobile, and super articulated non-New 52 figures!

Drayco21

Sam Humphries isn't great, but he sold me on Cap's buddy being Devil Dinosaur.

I'm scared just how big my lists are going to be when Secret Wars hits.

NexusCell

Sam Humphries isn't great, but he sold me on Cap's buddy being Devil Dinosaur.

I'm scared just how big my lists are going to be when Secret Wars hits.

Honestly, I'd rather take Humphries than Hopeless. Humphries at his worst is just bland, while Hopeless's writing makes me want to stop writing at times.

Honestly, I'd rather take Humphries than Hopeless. Humphries at his worst is just bland, while Hopeless's writing makes me want to stop writing at times.

damn how can somebody so bad it makes YOU want to stop writing

like "shit, if niggas like this getting paid, fuck this industry"

Messi

Loved #3 of Angela Asgard Assassin. Great issue with great art and that is certainly one way to reveal a new costume. Lol. I still hate her new costume but the rest of the book is great stuff.

damn how can somebody so bad it makes YOU want to stop writing

like "shit, if niggas like this getting paid, fuck this industry"

Yeah but bad part is if Humphries and Hopeless work together, the book would probably be good.

Humphries has no talent but understands plot and pacing and works hard and Hopeless is a lazy talented idiot.

MG310

Just read the press release...apparently there's a Gotham City Garage Harley out this year too.

Curious to see Bombshells Catwoman as well since I'm not sure they'll do the seated version from the artwork.

DC's milking of the Harley Quinn cow is pretty incredible. Getting people to pay for statues of concept art is something else.

But hey, it's your money.

has there been any exceptional issue of Sensational Wonder Woman digital thing?

As somebody who has bought almost every issue...No.

I had high hopes for this Noelle Stevenson 2-parter, but she didn't write it. It's written by James Tynion IV whose idea of "hip and cool" is from that time he went to the mall in 2002. That's not how you write the youths. A Dance Dance Revolution parody in 2015? C'mon.

Oh...I did like the Gilbert Hernandez 2-parter (#14-15), but that still was a bit too light for me.

Top Bottom