• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Messi

Is Tony supposed to be with Pepper when he just fucked Gamora? >_>

Efit: oh hey its Angela, I forgot about that. Man I remember her from Spawn back in my day, this is weird

Angela has a solo title that is really cool right now. You will get it in 3 months I think.

How was/is the second arc of Elektra? I read the first 5 issues before I stopped collecting floppies and it was a solid if not average story with the fantastic Del Mundo art, does it stay the same or quality change?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wanted to warn you. But I don't push newcomers away from GotG. Unless they've read the 2008 run.

One of the reasons I haven't read the 08 GotG (or the cosmic chart stuff really) is because I like to sAve the best for last, and also this way I gave no basis for comparison so I can maybe enjoy it.

And issues 4 and 5 were actually better at least. Really liking Sara Picheli's art

JC banned again. Come on mannnn.

What happened this time?

JC banned again. Come on mannnn.

8B81Q7w.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not gonna lie, I'm digging this Angela angle of "she should not be here this is wrong", because she's not from the marvel universe (or wasnt). Unless I'm reading too much into it and that's not the intention, but it has to be right?

Edit: and GotG crosses over with Infinity because of course it does. Time to put it on hold and start Avengers/New Avengers I guess. Does someone have the avengers infinity chart handy?

Cheska

Alright, I'm going to throw this out there.

What are the best collected Nightwing stories/trades? I need more Dick in my life.

PsychBat!

Banned
Not gonna lie, I'm digging this Angela angle of "she should not be here this is wrong", because she's not from the marvel universe (or wasnt). Unless I'm reading too much into it and that's not the intention, but it has to be right?

Edit: and GotG crosses over with Infinity because of course it does. Time to put it on hold and start Avengers/New Avengers I guess. Does someone have the avengers infinity chart handy?

Angela isn't on the team for very long. She has her own book.

Messi

If you want Dick Grayson as Batman try The Black Mirror. It's incredible. It's by Snyder, Jock and Francavilla.

Alright, I'm going to throw this out there.

What are the best collected Nightwing stories/trades? I need more Dick in my life.
All you need is Dixons run. It's the definitive run. And the good news is Dc has started reprinting the trades again.

Has anyone actually read that though? Is it good?
Of course. It's Dixon! The master of the bat family. Robin, birds of Prey, nightwing. All amazing lengthy runs

X-Madrox up to ish 31 or something

Y'know, the saddest thing about this run is how the quality nosedives every time the author has to make the characters interact with a megaevent.

Give it another 10 or so issues and you hit the high point of the series, it always bounces back strong. But I agree, it's at its best when it's away from all the other mutant stuff and just sits in it's own little world, letting Madrox do his thing, which you get plenty of coming up. David's world building and setting is top notch, you don't need to import crazy MU events in.

Owzers

The superbowl was so good i don't even regret not reading any comics this weekend or that the royal rumble was garbage. Brock match was good though...

Rhaknar

Opena's art on Hickman's Avengers #1 is gorgeous. Also lol at the very first few pages being a bunch of cosmic nonsense, Hickman really can't help himself can he :p

Cheska

Thanks guys!

IST order has been placed :D

Birds of Prey #8! This back issue was so expensive. I was happy to get it on CMX a to read. Nobody did the Babs/Dick relationship better. An amazing issue. No doubt
Holy shit, I own that issue! NICE!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Brahs, I don't ask for a lot, but please check out Sex Criminals and Casanova if you haven't already

AND Five Fists of Science. I really fucking like that book.

But yeah, everybody go buy Casanova and Sex Criminals and have fun.

Rhaknar

Oh and I recommend reading New Avengers #1-3 before Avengers #1. Sorry :(

But those came out after?

Anyway Cannonball and Sunspot in the Avengers? :eek: and I don't know who most of these people are :(

Hyperion? Manifold? Smasher? Shang-Chi? Captain Universe? o_O

PsychBat!

Banned
Fraction's Iron Man run is what Iron Man 3 wishes it was.

Regarding that Iron Man 3 focused more on Tony outside of the Iron Man suit.

Rhaknar

Oh shit, that Incursion shit starts right at New Avengers #1 huh? Hickman wastes no time with the crazyness as usual. I guess this means Secret Wars has been planned for over 2 years now. It really is F4 all over again with the slow burn

rude

Banned
Just read the first arc of Lucifer and I had to turn back to the cover just to make sure it wasn't written by Gaiman. Comics like this really validate the medium imo

Top Bottom