• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Zombine

Banned
I played it quite a bit throughout the spring and summer, got burned out around September. Hop on now and then. Its pretty damn fun. Rhaknar plays it too, probably far more then I have. There's a GAF guild to join!

Awesome! I was watching an IGN vid on the 2015 edition, and I guess they made some giant leaps toward how you obtain new characters without using cash. It seems to be closer in line to LoL now.

Nudull

Banned
Angela gets a new costume.

yDJCgdn.jpg

I guessed Phil Jimenez before I even read the article.

http://www.newsarama.com/23397-marvel-s-angela-gets-a-new-costume.html

Another take by Stephanie Hans:

I've seen some godawful armor designs in my time, but...damn.

I bought the first issue of Satellite Sam, I've been meaning to give the series a shot for a while
Diablo-ish RPG with Marvel characters. I just downloaded it. F2P and you can purchase the characters individualy. I think Serpentine plays?
Not me, but it does sound kinda cool

I haven't read Spider-Verse at all, but I'll give Gwen a chance cause of the art and cool costume. I'm a sucker for Spider books... Well, except Silk apparently cause I'm finding it hard to get excited for that one.

I haven't read Spider-Verse at all, but I'll give Gwen a chance cause of the art and cool costume. I'm a sucker for Spider books... Well, except Silk apparently cause I'm finding it hard to get excited for that one.

If you want to get a taste of what's in store, I think they're releasing the 4th printing of Edge of the Spider-Verse #2 this week.

So true... Dan Slot and his shitty supporting cast...

Reading her powers and stuff is amazing. "She is totally faster than Peter. Her Spider sense is OMG better too." Almost a decade in a bunker sure didn't seem to have any negative effects.

She is the ultimate Mary Sue.

I almost respect Slott for this shit. Lol.

That's amazing. I'm going in completely blind, so I hope that they have some interesting characters and not just the same old shit.

Iron Fist is gonna be his own character soon, pretty excited about that. But yeah, the game has improved a LOT, hell even in the 5 or so months I was playing it, it kept changing for the better. I think you'll like it a lot. Lots of characters, most of them very different from each other. My personal fav is Reed. He's just super fun to play as with his crazy animations.

What bothers me about the Angela design is just how generic it is in those pictures. Now I'm not a fan of the character or anything, I'm not even reading it; but when I think of Angela a few things stand out aside from skimpy 90s attire: the clunky boots, the giant poleaxe, but especially those magical sentient ribbons, that were the heavenly counterpart to Spawn's cape. This new design covers her up, but it does nothing to play up those design aspects. And you'd think that "Mr. Wonder Woman" would see those living ribbons and go "ooh".

She's "warrior angel" now. Nothing exciting or "Marvel" about that.

Anyway, I'm not losing sleep over it but the new look doesn't stand out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Like I said. Sorry. I didnt noticed that you have to add an e and have something you dont use.
I thought this should be Woman-Thor.

English is not my native language, so I dont use the word with the added e often. I just didnt noticed it. Sorry, I really didnt mean it that way.

Nudull

Banned
Am I the only one who found Silk and Peter's relationship a wee bit rape-y? I mean, being supernaturally pushed to have sex against their will and all.

PsychBat!

Banned
You got a problem with Anna Maria bro...
SpOck X Anna Maria 4ever
Reading her powers and stuff is amazing. "She is totally faster than Peter. Her Spider sense is OMG better too." Almost a decade in a bunker sure didn't seem to have any negative effects.

She is the ultimate Mary Sue.

I almost respect Slott for this shit. Lol.
Eh, other people having spider powers and being stronger than Peter is nothing new.

PsychBat!

Banned
Like I said. Sorry. I didnt noticed that you have to add an e and have something you dont use.
I thought this should be Woman-Thor.

English is not my native language, so I dont use the word with the added e often. I just didnt noticed it. Sorry, I really didnt mean it that way.
It's fine. It was an honest mistake. Just caught me by surprise is all.

Zombine

Banned
Iron Fist is gonna be his own character soon, pretty excited about that. But yeah, the game has improved a LOT, hell even in the 5 or so months I was playing it, it kept changing for the better. I think you'll like it a lot. Lots of characters, most of them very different from each other. My personal fav is Reed. He's just super fun to play as with his crazy animations.
Yeah, I play. Love the game even though grinding is a pain in the ass.

I played for about an hour or so and I really enjoyed it quite a lot. I have been playing as punisher and I enjoyed his moveset for the most part. I got to the mission where you have to kill all of those Smooth Criminal Michael Jacksons to collect the tablet from Doc Oc. I'm definitely hooked, and I loved that certain characters have Alts that are completely different Marvel heroes. I'm tempted to buy Scarlet Witch just so I can play as Wiccan.

PsychBat!

Banned
I played for about an hour or so and I really enjoyed it quite a lot. I have been playing as punisher and I enjoyed his moveset for the most part. I got to the mission where you have to kill all of those Smooth Criminal Michael Jacksons to collect the tablet from Doc Oc. I'm definitely hooked, and I loved that certain characters have Alts that are completely different Marvel heroes. I'm tempted to buy Scarlet Witch just so I can play as Wiccan.
Yeah, it's pretty fun. I started off with Daredevil (who is currently at level 18) but then I switched to Spidey (currently at level 50) and bought the Superior Spider-Man costume which has Christopher Daniel Barnes as the VA (voice of spidey in the 94 cartoon). Also bought the advance team up pack 2 so I could get those awesome team ups and the Spider-Gwen costume.

Top Bottom