• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Messi

Stewart is definitely one of the most versatile cartoonists out there. His stuff on Batman & Robin was totally inspired by Quitely's style and then he can turn around and draw Apocalypstix which is Jamie Hewlett deluxe, Seaguy, etc, dude can just do anything.

Seeing his stuff in person about six or seven years ago was a real highlight. He had Apocalypstix originals and you could just see the fire on the page.

I absolutely adore Stewart's style. Perfect art for me.

Angela gets a new costume.

yDJCgdn.jpg

I guessed Phil Jimenez before I even read the article.

http://www.newsarama.com/23397-marvel-s-angela-gets-a-new-costume.html

Another take by Stephanie Hans:

E the Shaggy

I haven't really been following the adventures of Marvel's Angela, but I'm interested to know, has Spawn been referenced at all? I know they can't flat out reference the character or universe, but has anything been touched upon? How did they explain Angela being born in the Marvel U as Odin's daughter and ending up there in the first place?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh man, unless I've got mixed up with dates then this is going to be a hell of a week:

BEST BOOKS EVER
Ant-Man #2
Grayson #7
Hawkeye #21
Ms. Marvel #11
Saga #25
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #2
Velvet #9

Also picking up
Nameless #1
The Punisher #15

What a week for comic books. I might have to use my Squirrel Girl Pizza Dog avatar on Wednesday to celebrate. I'll swap back next week.

What an awful redesign. Just when they were finally establishing the character.

I hope FBP isn't heading towards its' conclusion. The book seemed to change its course a bit after Robbi left.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
What an awful redesign. Just when they were finally establishing the character.

I hope FBP isn't heading towards its' conclusion. The book seemed to change its course a bit after Robbi left.

Yeah, also, I love Alberto Ponticelli, but man, I just feel like his recent work has been sloppy. I don't know if he's trying to emulate Rodriguez, but I'm not really feeling his FBP stuff.

Damn. Sorry to hear it. I'm sure something will come your way soon though!

Just show up like you got the job anyways.

That job was stupid anyways.

LOL, thanks guys. The person who set me up with the placement just called, and said even if I was offered the job, I shouldn't have taken it and could do a lot better, so there's that. All I can do now is get back to the classifieds.

I did read some comics last night. I read the first arc of the Slott/Allred Silver Surfer, that was wonderful. Dawn <3.

Also started Sandman. After one issue, it's pretty great. It's so DENSE and full of mystery and stuff.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
While I can't really complain about them changing Angela's costume to not be a metal bikini, I really don't like the hair and the spiked helmet in the new design. Hopefully that can change. Although the hair looks a lot better in that alternative take.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The costum looks very asgardian and she is asgardian now. I am ok with it. It looks very Thor-esque without copying Valykre or Whor.

Messi

The costum looks very asgardian and she is asgardian now. I am ok with it. It looks very Thor-esque without copying Valykre or Whor.

Come on now...lets not do this.

Angela doesn't exactly like being Asgardian so why would she dress like one?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Ales Kot dropping some fucking wisdom:
How does your collaborative process work out, following on from "Zero?" Do you prefer to give him quite a specific script, or to instead give him more freedom in what approach he takes to each page?

Open script, almost no dialogue for the first two scripts -- then a much tighter full script for the two following issues.

Freedom is crucial, always. Respect your artists. Respect your collaborators. Art is communication. Everyone needs to be free to do their best work.

This'll be the first Valiant joint I pick up.

Zombine

Banned
Sean Gordon Murphy?

What's he gonna do next? Wear a top hat and walk around with a cane while checking his pocket watch?

Zombine

Banned
On a side note, is Satellite Sam worth reading? Might try it at this low low price.

Do you like Matt Fraction? Murder? Suspense? Intrigue? Hollywoodland? Sexy situations? If yes to any of these than absolutely you will love it. For $10 bucks it's an absolute steal.

Top Bottom