• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh fuck off Hickman giving us your silly made up alphabet lol

PsychBat!

Banned
SpOck is the most interesting Spider-Man has been in ages. Enjoy it.

Actually it's pretty hard recommending Superior Spider-Man without learning some back story. I recommend starting from the "Big Time" arc in Amazing Spider-Man #648 - #656 and making your way up to #700.

Skip ASM #677.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hickman went kinda Justice League on our asses with this Avengers team didn't he? It seems ridiculously overpowered

Rhaknar

How fucking good is Dustin Weaver's art on Avengers?

I wonder why must of these guys don't visit here?

Oh I forgot we're in community

Same reason I just lurk in a lot of other OT threads. Because it takes some time commitment to remain active in any long OT. You skip a thread for a couple of days and it is usually filled with some in-joke that you have no idea about. (Some OTs more than others, of course).

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
We'd probably pwn them so hard with our comics knowledge huh fellas?

right? right?!

Yeah! And ship girls! Ship girl the shit out of that dude.

Probably but I always thought it was weird that alot of comic readers in OT don't come here more often.

I mean, it's really just a lot of uninformed things spoken pretty docuhe-ily. Lot of people sneering at comics and just seeking validation or something? Like, you could totally come in here and have an incredible conversation about Frank Miller and his legacy, even if you don't really like or understand the guy. Resident Miller-ologist frye is still here, man.

Vibranium

Banned
Yeah! And ship girls! Ship girl the shit out of that dude.

I mean, it's really just a lot of uninformed things spoken pretty docuhe-ily. Lot of people sneering at comics and just seeking validation or something? Like, you could totally come in here and have an incredible conversation about Frank Miller and his legacy, even if you don't really like or understand the guy. Resident Miller-ologist frye is still here, man.

People dissing Year One in that thread makes me sad. But I'm a Jim Gordon fan so what do I know?

It's not to everyone's taste but it is a fantastic story of Gotham and corruption.

It's messi's fault

The real answer is people can be intimidated by large mega threads. It's easier to post in single topic threads. Like the whole new thread for new news concept

I can see it, I don't post in Anime or Manga GAF for pretty much the same reason. Well that and I don't consume enough of either to really post enough.

Still, it's always nice to see people just jump in and start posting. Rhaknar has been a great frequent poster who only started popping up more recently.

frye

Yeah, I can't even empathize with the idea that the entire "yes father" sequence is anything but a stone cold #classic

LosDaddie

Banned
This thread moves pretty quickly...

I'll try to post some of the better panels from the UXM Omni #2 later this week. The Dark Phoenix saga is pretty good so far.

The first omnibus is on my to-buy list.

Buy it sooner than later. I believe it's almost OOP, and it's already the second printing.

I don't want to alarm you but Wolverine is missing an arm.

Wha?!?!

I wanna know about that Original Sin comp on the calendar. We secretly got ourselves a Marvel employee?

heh. I always write down on my office calendar the release dates (from CGN) of the books i'm going to buy. The ORiginal Sin companion is 50% off at IST right now.

Rhaknar

lol at this Hickman Avengers shit. And I thought he was unhinged on his F4 stuff good lord. is he cray-cray? I think he's cray-cray

This is me reading this shit:

ii8uvy2uu4ckrk4bvr.gif

Keys-Dramatic-Glasses-Off-Scene-On-Key-Peele-Gif.gif

PCWqrYG.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh my goodness. This thread. The first day I start working full-time at my new job and everything goes nuts. I am the anchor of ComicsGAF confirmed.

that awful book "Catcher in the Rye" each year.
It just isn't good.

pls

I loved that book. Way ahead of its time. One of the only "classics" I've actually enjoyed.

I think this could be another 10k thread, fam. The Threadening Pt II.

At this rate, it could be a 20k thread.

If we hit 20k posts this thread, I'll give away a $50 IST gift card.

A Frank Miller thread in OT. Oh dear.

Oh no. I can't even take a quick look. I would surely die. I'm the biggest Miller apologist. I'll even defend his most recent stuff.

Drayco21

I haven't had time to read pretty much anything from the last two weeks, but I read Spider-Man and the X-Men #2 today.

Haven't had so much dumb, comic book nonsense fun since Marvel Adventures. Really looking forward to all ten more issues of this book until its inevitable cancellation.

Rhaknar

What issue are you on?

New Avengers #6

Avengers #12. I'm following the chart, will go back to New after Avengers #13

Mike Deodato is also very good. Even if he's just a Dustin Weaver clone (and by association a Adam Kubert clone... all 3 are very similar in their style)

Kipp

Except that I didn't relate to him at all! I never saw myself in Holden.

I mean, I didn't either, but he still seemed very real to me. Obviously this all comes down to "people have different opinions" though. But of all the classics that kids are forced to read in high school, Catcher in the Rye is one of the only ones I totally support.

I haven't had time to read pretty much anything from the last two weeks, but I read Spider-Man and the X-Men #2 today.

Haven't had so much dumb, comic book nonsense fun since Marvel Adventures. Really looking forward to all ten more issues of this book until its inevitable cancellation.
He made the right choice.

PsychBat!

Banned
I mean, I didn't either, but he still seemed very real to me. Obviously this all comes down to "people have different opinions" though. But of all the classics that kids are forced to read in high school, Catcher in the Rye is one of the only ones I totally support.
Eh yeah, this just comes down to agree to disagree.

Kipp

^ Ed, you're the man.

Eh yeah, this just comes down to agree to disagree.

At least we can both agree that having High Schoolers read The Scarlet Letter is a horrible idea. It's like a committee got together and tried to work out how to make teenagers hate books as much as possible.

Does anyone have the Absolute Joker/Luthor collection? The art in the Joker series was incredible so I was wondering how the quality of the Absolute edition was. Sandman was an unbelivable remastering where V for Vendetta looked a bit blown up. How are the more recent Absolute editions?

Edit: Neat, Y the Last Man is finally getting an Absolute release schedule starting in July

CBTech

Goddammit. I just bought mine too. ARGH NERD RAGE

I got mine used from a 3rd party vendor so I'd feel bad sending it back and reordering...

Here are some other avatars I promised. These were all fun to do. Especially Link

Hot damn,these are awesome. Thanks man.

Top Bottom