• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Todays reason for Messi to read the Legion: Ra's al Ghul. The nigh immortal villain survives a thousand years into the future and becomes the President / Dictator of the United Planets. This does not bode well for them.

479px-Ra%27s_al_Ghul_0011.jpg

kd-z

Todays reason for Messi to read the Legion: Ra's al Ghul. The nigh immortal villain survives a thousand years into the future and becomes the President / Dictator of the United Planets. This does not bode well for them.

Does he change gender in the meantime?

EVERY CRIME? That's a big claim and I let implies some nasty stuff.

Every. Crime.

Emerald Empress is actually a fascinatingly tragic character. You eventually discover that she had been controlled by the Eye the entire time. A waking nightmare where she was conscious of everything that is happening, everything she wqse doing, but have absolutely no control over her actions.

kd-z

Through the power of the Eye of Ekron. Dredged a canal through the continental United States and then transported whales to the newly created inland sea.
Obviously, duh.

Bought the Humble Archie Comics Bundle. I have so many comix in PDF and on Comixology that I feel a great need of getting an iPad Air 2 :|

Do you guys think that with Secret Wars, we may have two Jean Greys in the ongoing continuity?

I'd put money on young X-Men being a permanent thing one way or another (assuming they aren't folded into Inhumans). I don't see them bringing old Jean back. Not to stay anyways.

Bought the Humble Archie Comics Bundle. I have so many comix in PDF and on Comixology that I feel a great need of getting an iPad Air 2 :|

This is the digital equivalent of filling up your long boxes, isn't it?

That's about 3 Jean Greys too many for me. 2 Emmas though? I'm in.

Jean Grey / Emma psychic relationship. The love triangle has a shocking reversal!

Fintan

It might be the very detailed storytelling or just a bad memory, but in the time between reading my first Hickman FF Omnibus and the arrival of my second Hickman FF Omnibus, I seem to have forgotten a lot of what happened. It's slowly coming back to me as I read through it, but I was very confused at first!

I've been reading Supergods recently and it inspired me to finally pick up Morrison's Doom Patrol run. The omnibus has just arrived and my tiny arms can barely lift it.

tim1138

Battleworld Carol Corps? I'm in.

The second surprise out of Marvel's new information is that of Hala Field. Previously we thought this would focus on the Kree side of things given their homeworld is named Hala, but this new information says it's the base of Captain Marvel and militarized Carol Corp who is an "interstellar defense team" in the Secret Wars reality. The name "Hala Field" would then seem to pull from Captain Marvel's powers being Kree in origin, with "Field" being an "air field" of sorts such as in air force operations.

Owzers

All these Secret Wars announcement are cool and all but without the creative teams... can't get hyped.

I'm skeptical when any big initiative is announced by the book and not the team, as if the project is more important than who is creating it. I can understand those initial hype teases not having teams when it wasn't clear that all those weirdo covers were actually for Battleworld books, but they shouldn't have continued that.

I'm not sure what i'll buy of Secret Wars in the floppy fashion, but all these tie-ins seem like perfect Marvel Unlimited reading.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
If no one is going to give me a good GL or GLC book, I'll take what I can get from the Carol Corps book.

That's how I feel about Flash, but there's no real alternative.

A lot of people are going to be disappointed to see that there will be less ongoings published during Scret Wars and most will just be tie ins instead.

Top Bottom