• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Boogiepop

I don't recall there being any huge cliffhangers between parts, you should be ok just getting one collection at a time.

Awesome, thanks! Went ahead and placed it. I'm sure I'll end up liking it and wanting more since people in here are fond of it and I'm not usually that hard to please, but I felt like being cautious/reasonable since I was placing a decent sized order outside of that anyway.

PsychBat!

Banned
$_57.JPG
YES YES YES!!!

Zombine

Banned
Anyone here willing to throw some cash at my kickstarter? It for a set of vinyl figures called Plane Boys: Husbandos In The Sky

I am going to stick to my no-more-marvel-omnibuses rule and not order Uncanny Avengers.

Anyone here willing to throw some cash at my kickstarter? It for a set of vinyl figures called Plane Boys: Husbandos In The Sky

Only if they are based on German WWII fighter planes.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm not buying any omnibuses until Marvel tells me what is still canon and what isn't Post-Secret Wars

For real. If stuff like Fraction's Hawkeye and Wilson's Ms. Marvel isn't canon after Secret Wars, what's even the point? Just a waste of time.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hey GAMEPROFF, you live in Germany, right? Where do you get your comix from?
Jep, I am from Germany ;) Primary Amazon, I am a Tradewaiter. When I need a new Floppy, I order from Comicroom Hamburg, its a nice little Mailorder with a great service. Shipping always take quiete a bit, bit they are insanely cheap (1$ = 1€). When it comes to older Issues, I use Ebay and shops from America and England. Shipping is often higher than the books, but most the time its not a problem.
Also, I use cheap-comics.com and Archonia, when I need stuff that isnt avaiable anywhere else.

I'm not buying any omnibuses until Marvel tells me what is still canon and what isn't Post-Secret Wars
I beginning to think that you take this reboot/canon/secret wars stuff a little bit to serious.... Just enjoy the books, in a couple of years everything is back to normal anyway...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
For real. If stuff like Fraction's Hawkeye and Wilson's Ms. Marvel isn't canon after Secret Wars, what's even the point? Just a waste of time.

do you also not watch movies because the sequels are bad? or read books? or play games?

I don't think you guys should get hung up on "what matters" as far as books and continuity. If the story is good, then the story is good, and "what matters" one day will change tomorrow. If your favorite story is suddenly out of continuity are you going to throw your trade of it away? Every story that is told is canon for the moment in time in which that story existed.

curb

Banned
do you also not watch movies because the sequels are bad? or read books? or play games?

To me that kinda seems like refusing to watch Star Wars because you know Darth Vader
dies in the end
. I don't know why I spoiler-d that.

I don't think you guys should get hung up on "what matters" as far as books and continuity. If the story is good, then the story is good, and "what matters" one day will change tomorrow. If your favorite story is suddenly out of continuity are you going to throw your trade of it away?

Yep, this guy gets it. I'm pretty sure Kipp was just joking though.

Guys, why are girls so confusing? More like, why am I so bad at reading signals...

Ha, I wish I could tell you man.

it's been a long time of people asking, comixology needs to find a way to hide books from your cloud listing. I want more organizational options, but the first thing needs to be a way to remove all the dumb trial books i have in my list that i have to keep scrolling past.

You can. Every comic listed has an archive link under the read button. Clicking on that puts that comic into the archive and out of your cloud listing.

Kamala will go grimdark for Secret Wars, having seen the harrowing costs of war with her own eyes, then shrug it off the second she gets back because it turns out she was pretending to be grimdark the whole time. Like LARPing.

Just because the Star Wars EU was erased doesn't mean the Heir to the Empire books aren't damn good and worth reading for the quality alone, same thing will apply to Marvel.
Except I can't think of any current Marvel books as good as Zahn's.

Vyer

How exactly does one get a comic graded? Apparently that issue of X-Factor #6 (first appearance of Apocalypse) I have is worth a bit more than the $4 I paid for it 20+ years ago. My copy isn't in perfect condition by any means, but it's in good condition at the least. Odds are it'll go back in the basement and I'll forget I own it again, but it'd be nice to know in case I ever did want to sell it.

I tried looking into this once but didn't have much luck. I guess you can send your book to the company that does it, but the impression I got was that it was rather costly itself.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Guys, why are girls so confusing? More like, why am I so bad at reading signals...

Stop reading books, start reading signals, my dude.

I'm 30 years old, man... shouldn't it have gotten easier by now? I guess maybe if I actually dated women my own age things would be more straightforward.

Yo, how young are you goin' here?

ReAxion

Coulson is simultaneously a genius strategist and suffering an existential crisis in two different books. It's fine.

Owzers

You can. Every comic listed has an archive link under the read button. Clicking on that puts that comic into the archive and out of your cloud listing.

i didn't know that, but apparently it's only for the website and doesn't work on the ios app. Am i missing something?

fauxtrot

Banned
Stop reading books, start reading signals, my dude.

Yo, how young are you goin' here?

I was afraid of rejection all throughout high school and college, so even though I'm old enough to not really give a fuck anymore, I don't have the years of experience I should when it comes to this kind of stuff.

She's 24... I generally date girls 23 - 27. I've gone a little younger than that before, but then they don't get my jokes because my references are too ancient. :(

tim1138

I tried looking into this once but didn't have much luck. I guess you can send your book to the company that does it, but the impression I got was that it was rather costly itself.

Ah, figures it's a pain in the ass. Maybe I'll see if one of the shops near my house wants to buy it.

fauxtrot

Banned
What's the dish. Gimme the dish. Dish it.

She's a friend of my younger brother, and he gave me the go ahead since I went out with a group of his friends for his birthday and met her then. The thing that sucks is I can tell she's interested, but he's told her certain things about me that I usually wouldn't tell someone I wanted to date right away (because it usually scares them off)... so now I can't tell if what I'm perceiving as hesitance on her part is standard nervousness/"maybe he doesn't really like me" stuff that most people with average self-esteem feel or if it's "this guy is cute but he's got baggage and I don't know if I want to deal with that".

This is a reference to something right?

I don't like feeling like I'm JBL making Greta Garbo jokes on an episode of Monday Night Raw.

Owzers

She's a friend of my younger brother, and he gave me the go ahead since I went out with a group of his friends for his birthday and met her then. The thing that sucks is I can tell she's interested, but he's told her certain things about me that I usually wouldn't tell someone I wanted to date right away (because it usually scares them off)... so now I can't tell if what I'm perceiving as hesitance on her part is standard nervousness/"maybe he doesn't really like me" stuff that most people with average self-esteem feel or if it's "this guy is cute but he's got baggage and I don't know if I want to deal with that".

I don't like feeling like I'm JBL making Greta Garbo jokes on an episode of Monday Night Raw.

Ship girl collections ruin everything.

Bii

Just ask her out. If she says no, carry on.

Top Bottom