• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Guys. Someone revive me. All variants at cover price.

giphy.gif

The Grayson variant is so cool.

Harley would have wanted that you buy all the Variants.

Tizoc

Woah. My Adam Hughes Harley variant would go for silly money on eBay. Same for my Fiona Staples Rat Queens #1 variant.

The Saga hardcover is flawless. It also ends at a great story beat.
Oh shinsorry i meant....solo hardcover XD.
514eebefg8l._sy346_.jpg

kd-z

Jep, I am from Germany ;) Primary Amazon, I am a Tradewaiter. When I need a new Floppy, I order from Comicroom Hamburg, its a nice little Mailorder with a great service. Shipping always take quiete a bit, bit they are insanely cheap (1$ = 1€). When it comes to older Issues, I use Ebay and shops from America and England. Shipping is often higher than the books, but most the time its not a problem.
Also, I use cheap-comics.com and Archonia, when I need stuff that isnt avaiable anywhere else.
Oh, okay, I was thinking maybe IST or something shipped to Europe for cheap ;) I'm from Poland and I used to order from Amazon UK but then they got rid of free shipping, so now I'm stuck buying from little online Polish comic shops.
Yusss,,, DCBS has Batman Black & White Batgril Statue up.
I'm not all that into statues but this one is awesome!

Messi

don-t-die-on-me-snake-o.gif

Look at the other Harley guy and give him a knowing, Harley Brotherhood nod.

Can't acknowledge him. He arrived shortly after the store opened too. This man is competition for the next 3 weeks. When it's over I can acknowledge him and I will know I am victorious.

I'm not all that into statues but this one is awesome!
Yeah I haven't been pulling Batgirl the last issue or so.. but the statue is sweet. And im a sucker for the black and white.

So far I have Jae Lee, Greg Capullo, Harley Quinn,
Preordered Francis Manapul, Mike Mignola and Babs Tarr Batgirl.

Probably most excited for this beauty...

Can't acknowledge him. He arrived shortly after the store opened too. This man is competition for the next 3 weeks. When it's over I can acknowledge him and I will know I am victorious.

Sounds like he is more dedicated to getting his Harley variants. Sounds like he is going to be the one who wins.

CBR: Guide to Understanding Convergence

This spring, DC Comics will put its entire line on hold to release 40 miniseries as part of their newest event, “Convergence.” Each week beginning in April, DC will release ten titles set during and starring characters from the previous eras of their superhero publishing history including the Pre-Crisis, Pre-Zero Hour and Pre-New 52 timelines. Each week will also feature characters from other universes in DC continuity.

"Convergence” Week One: Return of the Fan Favorites

The first week of “Convergence” mini series are entirely set in pre-New 52 continuity. It incorporates characters from “Flashpoint” as well as Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew (superheroes from a world populated by anthropomorphic animals) and the Extremists (an alternate reality supervillain team created in the ‘90s).
This week is primarily driven by fan reaction to the New 52.

Week Two: An Event for Everyone

Week two takes the DCU back in time to “Zero Hour.” The ‘90s marked the rise of the collectors market, and as a result, big event comics dominated the era. While characters from the graphic novel “Kingdom Come” and the Wildstorm heroes and villains (GEN13, Deathblow) appear in some of this week’s titles, the main emphasis for “Convergence” is on big event characters and creators.

Week Three: An Age of Bronze Multiverse

“Convergence’s” third week stands firmly in Pre-Crisis mode, focusing for the most part on Earth One (the prime DC Earth during the company’s classic period). These titles are mostly set in the “Bronze Age” period that spanned from 1970 to 1985. The Tangent Universe characters (‘90s DC imprint starring alternate versions of their biggest superheroes) will be popping in, as well as Jack Kirby’s 1972 apocalyptic “Kamandi” comic and the Red Rain vampires (a 1991 “Elseworlds” alternate reality story). But the focus remains on the pre-Crisis characters that once defined DC.

Week Four: DC’s Timelines Collide

The final week of “Convergence” takes us all over the multiversal map with nods to the Bronze, Silver and Golden Ages. It also incorporates companies DC either licensed or swallowed whole: Fawcett Publishing, Quality Comics and Charlton Comics. Meanwhile, the Qward Universe (antimatter universe, home of the Anti-Monitor), steampunk Gotham, “Red Son” graphic novel and One Million Universe (a version of the DCU set in the 853 century) enter a few stories. Ultimately, this week has many competing worlds due to the nature of the time period.

Neat read. More info on each period than what I posted.

Isak was right. Big reveal in Superman was lidblower of the century. I'll never doubt him again.

Compared to this titanic turn of events? More like Secret BORES. More like Original SNORE. More like Spider-WORSE.

This is definitely his big secret.

tim1138

Isak was right. Big reveal in Superman was lidblower of the century. I'll never doubt him again.

Compared to this titanic turn of events? More like Secret BORES. More like Original SNORE. More like Spider-WORSE.

This is definitely his big secret.

Did Supes have a higher page count to match the $5 price tag?

Iunno. From the solicits I was pretty sure the bottled cities were from realities and timelines that no longer exist so that doesn't necessarily conflict with Multiversity.

Oh no sure. Technically nothing would conflict with Multi if it's Pre52. Just meant it's not only from the 52 Earths.

Messi

Messi waiting to grab his Harley variants.

birdmanhands.gif

This gif isn't far off what happened today. I went in and they had none and while I was browsing the art on some books (Burnham gat damn) one of the staff came over with a pile of variants and I picked them after he finished. But I wanted to jump over him lol. Like 3 others there.

X-Madrox concluded.

Shame that they probably could've told a better story with half the issues. Still, Von Doom = Best Xavier.

Also kinda disappointed that they apparently threw away that wedding murder thing, along with tryp and doom. Felt rushed.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Want to read comics, but I haven't even had time to open my box from IST, let alone read some books. Worked 12 hours yesterday (and drove my mom to the airport) and not much more time today. I kinda like this no-free-time/workaholic life though. Keeps my momentum going.
I have been reading like one issue of Daredevil a day though. The Omega Drive story hasn't been doing a whole lot for me, but it's still good. Samnee's art (and the excellent coloring) has been incredible though. Just brilliant.

I thought this was cute

Ooh. I like that. What's that from?

None of the other ones got me, but this one got me. Amazing.

You guys shitting on Steve Dillon are bumming me out :(

It's okay, I love Dillon too.

I can also confirm that Hawkeye #21 is real and us on store shelves.

Did you actually touch it to make sure it wasn't an illusion? Some kind of hologram?

Vyer

Superman issue was fine. the 'new power' stuff was well handled, and the end of the issue put a little smile on my face. As expected, the OT thread looks even dumber now.

Johns' Superman has rescued the book from the slog it's been for the last few years.

Top Bottom