• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Superman issue was fine. the 'new power' stuff was well handled, and the end of the issue put a little smile on my face. As expected, the OT thread looks even dumber now.

Johns' Superman has rescued the book from the slog it's been for the last few years.

Spoil me on both parts.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Seriously though, when will Annihilator be up?

Isak only has the inside scoop on 90s properties.

Yo Isak, when's the new Spawn movie coming out. Also, tell me Johnny Legz is returning in his career defining roll as Bum-Ass-Clown-Satan.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Isak only has the inside scoop on 90s properties.

Yo Isak, when's the new Spawn movie coming out. Also, tell me Johnny Legz is returning in his career defining roll as Bum-Ass-Clown-Satan.

And when does the new Counting Crows album drop?

E the Shaggy

Somebody talk to me about the Superman Spirit Bomb.

Superman spoilers on his power and other thing:

So the new power means he can unleash all the solar energy in his cells, essentially decimating everything within a square mile or something near him. This also causes him to be human for 24 hours following using it.

Also, Superman reveals his secret identity to Jimmy Olsen.

Vyer

real talk, August and Everything After is still good today.

Spoil me on both parts.

OK. WARNING Superman 38 spoilers ahoy

The 'new power' is basically what was rumored, a 'purge' of the power stored in his cells. He does it almost as a reflex to put down Ulysses. It knocks him out cold and apparently will take him 24 hours to 'recharge', meaning he's human for a day. It's presented very much as some sort of last resort 'reaction' rather than a day to day 'oh look I can do this now!' sort of power.

On the last page Clark reveals to Jimmy Olsen that he's Superman. Superman's Pal back in full effect.

So any thought on how the All-New Hawkeye #1 is going to be?
Jeff Lemire writing and Ramon K. Perez on art.

What has Perez done, wondering mainly how the art will be.. I have faith in Lemire

Kipp

real talk, August and Everything After is still good today.

For real. I still listen to it probably too much.

Also, if you want to see the most hilarious/entertaining thing ever, check out this live Counting Crows video. Or at least watch the first song. Musically they're on point, but the lead singer, well, you'll see. I've watched that live video like five times now and it kills me every time. Some of the best entertainment ever. It helps that they're excellent songs, too.

Kipp

What has Perez done, wondering mainly how the art will be.. I have faith in Lemire

I'm so excited about it. It's totally playing to Lemire's strengths since it's going to feature Clint as a kid.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Lemire and Sorrentino saved Green Arrow for the issues they were on it (it's back to dogshit since they left), so at least he's had some practice writing bow-bros. As long as this book focuses on some kind of family element, then you're going to get the Best Lemire.

Vyer

For real. I still listen to it probably too much.

Also, if you want to see the most hilarious/entertaining thing ever, check out this live Counting Crows video. Or at least watch the first song. Musically they're on point, but the lead singer, well, you'll see. I've watched that live video like five times now and it kills me every time. Some of the best entertainment ever. It helps that they're excellent songs, too.

lol. Yeah, I'm not sure I'd be real happy with that if I went to see that show live.

E the Shaggy

So is this a power that Johns will use, then be forgotten down the line?

Yes.

I really hate this power. It's just more of the mindset of trying to make Superman "badass" by adding in all these destructive powers/constantly having his eyes glow red in nearly all his New 52 depictions.

Vyer

So is this a power that Johns will use, then be forgotten down the line?

Probably.

Interested in seeing how Johns brings it back around by the end of his run though.

Yes.

I really hate this power. It's just more of the mindset of trying to make Superman "badass" by adding in all these destructive powers/constantly having his eyes glow red in nearly all his New 52 depictions.

I don't really think it does.

passing out and becoming 'normal' for 24 hours doesn't exactly scream 'badass'.

Vyer

That part of it I like, but the
nuclear holocaust that takes place prior to it
is what I'm referring to.

Yeah, but it makes sense in the context of Superman. I like that about the power. And that it's apparently not some sort of
go to, regular thing
. Overall I think it's pretty well reasoned fit for the character.

I mean, it's not like he pulled some sort of cellophane S shield off his chest and started wrapping up bad guys!

Yeah, but it makes sense in the context of Superman. I like that about the power. And that it's apparently not some sort of
go to, regular thing
. Overall I think it's pretty well reasoned fit for the character.

I mean, it's not like he pulled some sort of cellophane S shield off his chest and started wrapping up bad guys!

Or looked really hard and started laying bricks with his eyes.

Filthy Slug

I hope Latour's writing has gotten better. Outside of the concept, the actual writing in that initial Spider-Gwen ish was kinda shit.

Top Bottom