• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Cheska

So I bought this today.

Apologies for the shit phone quality pictures. There is very little daylight here now. Pictures not doing the figure justice. Easily one of the closest likenesses I own. Fantastic figure.

*swoon* Love SAM! That looks great Messi.

Dalek

I really just hate everything Guardians has become in the last 2 years. It's dull as dishwater, goes nowhere -and the writing + art leave a lot to be desired. Spinoffs are fine, but Star-Lord's series is just fucking silly.

That being said-the latest Rocket Raccoon was fantastic-it was like the beginning of a great story arc. Really looking forward to the next issue.

Messi

I don't know that he would return to the X-Men so quickly. He only just finished his run on Wolverine and the X-men last year.

Yeah, I can't see that happening either. I don't know who I want to take over. I don't want a super serious X-Men.

E the Shaggy

Also, I hope that the Original 5 get sent back to their timeline. It was a neat idea at first, but it's just been sort of dragging for awhile.

tim1138

The next salvo in Marvel's war against Fox! First F4 was cancelled and now Bendis is conveniently leaving right before Secret Wars! The conspiracies are true!

Neoxon

The next salvo in Marvel's war against Fox! First F4 was cancelled and now Bendis is conveniently leaving right before Secret Wars! The conspiracies are true!
I used to believe this, but recent events have convinced me otherwise. They'll probably just get another writer when Secret Wars is about to wrap up, no big deal. Stuff like this happens with comics all the time.

E the Shaggy

Listen, I'm usually never one for conspiracies, but it sure is funny how all this stuff continues to stack up.

Neoxon

392707627.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey, that Netflix Daredevil trailer ain't bad. Kinda wish Michael Clarke Duncan was still around for Kingpin, though. Dude was perfect.

Bendis is leaving X-men but not guardians. Must be an apri foold joke. His X-men is pretty decent.

Is uncanny any good? dorped it after is seems like it was going nowhere(vintage bendis!)

Damn it. Hope this isn't the end for the new mutants.

Who do we hope takes over?

I'd love it if Hickman would take over but the timing doesn't work. Hickman promised no new series from him for Marvel in 2015. It's a shame because he's probably the only major writer they have under contract that would have an affinity for the books that hasn't already played in them extensively.

I could see Aaron doing it since this would be a chance to be lead on X-Men instead of having to follow what Bendis, etc are doing. Not sure if Remender would be interested or have anything new in the tank after Uncanny XForce and Avengers. Otherwise it doesn't feel like Marvel has anyone AAA to take the helm that hasn't already been on the book before.

I don't know that he would return to the X-Men so quickly. He only just finished his run on Wolverine and the X-men last year.

Maybe if he got to take lead he might change his mind.. Presumably post Secret Wars will be the first clean slate lineup on the X-books in a half decade (no Schism, probably won't have to use the time displaced O5, etc) so the lead writer has an opportunity to have more creative freedom.

Really, Marvel seems kind of in a tight spot with all of the creative shuffling coming up. With their existing roster of writers it doesn't feel like there are any who can step up to Avengers or X-Men that haven't already played extensively in those pools already.

E the Shaggy

Really, Marvel seems kind of in a tight spot with all of the creative shuffling coming up. With their existing roster of writers it doesn't feel like there are any who can step up to Avengers or X-Men that haven't already played extensively in those pools already.

Yeah, Marvel's going to need to start elevating some folks or bringing writers back into the fold. I'm still thinking Aaron's going to get Avengers after Hickman, but who's left to really steer the X-ship? Dugan maybe?

kd-z

Yeah I know, but that won't stop me from hoping :(

And that Daredevil trailer looks legit. Now if only they introduced Netflix to Poland :p

Top Bottom