• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

ghostmind

Count me as one who has really enjoyed Bendis' UXM and ANXM runs. For me, it felt like the closest we ever got to early Claremont/Byrne.

His GotG run has not been as good for me though.

Even if he wasn't done with cape books, I'm pretty sure that Marvel has effectively burned all their bridges with him at this point.

Im not sure thats right. Marvel recently had to ask him permission to publish his Miracleman work which he agreed to as long as Quesada drew it himself.

E the Shaggy

There any DC writers right now that Marvel may try to scoop up for this? None are really coming to mind. Gail Simone's exclusive right?

Vyer

I gave up on everything X-Men after Aaron left WatXM and during which ever event came after that. There was some decent stuff in there. I'm surprised he's leaving it completely though.

This arc on Swamp Thing is so, so good. A new kingdom on the machines, called the Rithm is trying to establish an efficient role in managing the kingdoms, but they're led by a pretty violent avatar.

Plus, one of the machines, A.I B, is hilarious.

rC0B2Q4l.png

ha. I might have to check this out.

He said is done with super hero comics for good after he finishes his Wonder Woman OGN. He is going to only do creator owned work for the foreseeable future.

Eh, I don't really trust any absolutes that creative types put out. Never say never. If the deal is right and he has an inspired idea then I'm sure he would change his mind.

That being said, I can only see Morrison doing cape work for DC and Marvel if he gets to do it like Whedon on Astonishing: continuity-lite, free from events, no artist fill-ins, and not beholden to a monthly schedule. Which excludes him from writing the lead book in a franchise but doesn't mean that he can't do special event type stuff.

The next salvo in Marvel's war against Fox! First F4 was cancelled and now Bendis is conveniently leaving right before Secret Wars! The conspiracies are true!
I like how this bullshit has gotten so out of hand that Bendis feels obligated to address it in the interview.

There any DC writers right now that Marvel may try to scoop up for this? None are really coming to mind. Gail Simone's exclusive right?

Doesn't really seem like it. Snyder is probably locked down for at least another year. Lemire maybe since he's already doing Marvel work but I don't know if he would be a great fit. Gerry Duggan maybe since he just became Marvel exclusive but he isn't exactly a major name.

Pretty surprised with Bendis leaving X-books, thought for sure he would hold those books for another ten year run.

I wouldn't be surprised if more writers end up saying their finished with a title.

crosses fingers for Spider-Man

Neoxon

Doesn't mean any of them have to survive.
But giving the X-Men so much prominence in Secret Wars is counter-productive to your theory. For reference, the Fantastic Four have zero Battleworld locations dedicated to them. The X-Men still have merchandise, albeit not as plentiful. The X-Men still cross over with the Avengers & the Guardians. And most importantly, the X-Men comics still sell. I guarantee you, we will see the X-Men alive & kickin' after Secret Wars.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
My threat from last week worked! Happy days! NO MORE X-BENDIS.

Now just need Slott to fuck oft, and glory be.

Ant-Man feels like the only comic I need from Marvel these days though. Never... never thought I'd hear myself say that. Issue #2 was fucking GOLD, Jerry.
Nazi gold.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
My threat from last week worked! Happy days! NO MORE X-BENDIS.

Now just need Slott to fuck oft, and glory be.

Ant-Man feels like the only comic I need from Marvel these days though. Never... never thought I'd hear myself say that. Issue #2 was fucking GOLD, Jerry.
Nazi gold.

Silver Sufer, my dude. Every month's issue is a damn joy.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I blend my distaste of Slott with the (fairly rare and unique opinion in these parts) dislike of Allred art also. It is a two for two bleurgh cock-tail.

Once upon a time I also looked forward to Hawkeye, but delays and total loss of pace in the middle killed that el deado, and now thats almost over too.

Perhaps a bright new dawn for X-Men and Avengers post all this... event shit... will up my Marvel book count.

Top Bottom