• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Bendis quote to Bleedingcool :p
So that’s it. I’d like you to open this article by saying the reason I’m leaving the X-Men is Marvel is killing them all, or turning them all into Inhumans, and either I got on board with the program or I was out! So I’m out! Because I WILL NOT ALLOW THE TRAVESTY OF WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE X-MEN DURING “SECRET WARS,” where you find out they were all Magneto’s children the whole time and that Magneto was the first Inhuman! I didn’t want to be part of all it. So I’m excusing myself.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Like he'd be OK with writing a midcard franchise like X-Men.

giphy.gif

Mafro

Would love to see Remender on X-Men. He showed in Uncanny X-Force that he really gets the X-universe, and him being on the title would really piss all those creepy X-Men fanboys who flipped out over that Havoc "M-word" speech in Uncanny Avengers.

New X-Men writer

Wolverine may be the best there is at what he does, but he's not the BEST IN THE WORLD! And when CM Punk leaves in three weeks with the X-Men, maybe he'll bring them to DC. Maybe he'll write them in Image!

Hey Grant Morrison, how you doin? Whoops, I'm breaking the fourth wall.

You know, Marvel's got a No More Bullying program and.... *mic cuts out*

Is he trolling or is this legit?
This is the next paragraph in the interview:
[Laughs] No matter what we say in this article, there will be conspiracy theories. Reactions of, "AH HA! HERE IT COMES!" There's a lot of conspiracy about the X-Men, for some readers. No matter what I say, there's going to be a part of the audience here who will think that this is part of whatever it is they think Marvel is trying to do to the X-Men.

Would love to see Remender on X-Men. He showed in Uncanny X-Force that he really gets the X-universe, and him being on the title would really piss all those creepy X-Men fanboys who flipped out over that Havoc "M-word" speech in Uncanny Avengers.

I would love it tbh.

Hickman won't be doing anything at Marvel.

Hickman has expressed several times in interviews that the Legion of Superheroes is one of his favorite properties.

DC doesn't have an ongoing Legion title at the moment.

IT ALL ADDS UP. BRB SUBMITTING A TIP TO BLEEDING COOL.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He said he is done for 2015. Said he would like to return and write some other books. Just focusing on Image.

wont Secret Wars pretty much take the rest of 2015 anyway? arent these big ass events like 6 month deals these days?

tim1138

Hickman won't be doing anything at Marvel.

Hickman has expressed several times in interviews that the Legion of Superheroes is one of his favorite properties.

DC doesn't have an ongoing Legion title at the moment.

IT ALL ADDS UP. BRB SUBMITTING A TIP TO BLEEDING COOL.

Please do this and see if Rich runs the story.

Read New 52 Worlds' Finest vol. 1 today to see if there's more to the appeal of Power Girl than just busty Supergirl.

Even without the boob window, the amount of clothing damage in this book is absurd. No thanks.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Pretty surprised with Bendis leaving X-books, thought for sure he would hold those books for another ten year run.

I wouldn't be surprised if more writers end up saying their finished with a title.

crosses fingers for Spider-Man
Slott tweeted that he works together with Andre Kubert on the Renew Your Vowes Tie-Ins (and deleted his tweets afterwards)

SoilBreak

Banned
BHpmgW6.jpg

We've seen Punisher's war journal, but now the entire Marvel universe is getting in on the act with the newly announced Secret Wars Journal limited series.

Spinning out of the Secret Wars crossover event, Secret Wars Journal is an anthology series spearheaded by Marvel editor Jake Thomas which promises to feature off-beat stories with classic Marvel characters as well as off-beat stars to match.

“We’ve got a few crazy twists on some old favorites, but we’ve also got some real fun explorations of some of the zanier corners of the Marvel Universe as well,” Thomas says. "We’ve got a fun riff on Millie the Model that made me laugh when we pitched it and tear up when I read the outline. We’ve got a Night Nurse—You heard me right, kids! Night Nurse!—story that is going to be killer, an intense X-Men story, a completely bonkers Misty Knight and Paladin tale. Honestly, there are times I can’t believe I’m getting away with this stuff.”

Thomas calls the focus of Secret Wars Journal as "experimental" and creator-driven, but doesn't go into detail as to what creators are involved.

That being said, Thomas itterates that the anthology series will "tie in very directly" with the core Secret Wars storylines, while also offering visits to some of the territories in Battleworld that no other series will touch on.

Marvel did not identify how manuy issues the limited series will run.

http://www.newsarama.com/23433-marvel-rolls-out-another-secret-wars-title-secret-wars-journal.html

Read New 52 Worlds' Finest vol. 1 today to see if there's more to the appeal of Power Girl than just busty Supergirl.

Even without the boob window, the amount of clothing damage in this book is absurd. No thanks.

The clothing damage was sort of a running joke for the first two volumes or so. It lessens over time and eventually she gets her old outfit back during a mini crossover with Supergirl around issue #19. Also, that series isn't the best Power Girl story. It's OK to someone who is already a fan.

The clothing damage was sort of a running joke for the first two volumes or so. It lessens over time and eventually she gets her old outfit back during a mini crossover with Supergirl around issue #19. Also, that series isn't the best Power Girl story. It's OK to someone who is already a fan.

Yeah, suffice it to say that I'm dropping this series from my to-read list.

Hawkguy + Antman day was pretty cool. Superior Foes ending was a bit disheartening but I hadn't realized Antman was going to be more of the same.

wont Secret Wars pretty much take the rest of 2015 anyway? arent these big ass events like 6 month deals these days?
I just checked, according to Wikipedia (which sources Brevoort interviews), it's supposed to run for 5 months. I guess new titles beginning after SW ends would launch in October or November. Still, a scenario where Hickman takes a break for a few months and launches something next year isn't entirely impossible.

That guy still owes me 2 SHIELD issues.

Secret Wars is only through the summer, I believe.

Here is Hickman's quote from an EW interview last week:

I’m positive that I will continue to do stuff for Marvel, I’m just not going to do stuff in the six months that follow Secret Wars. I don’t have a book I’m going to work on, I don’t have a pitch sitting on some editor’s desk. I’m trying not to even think about it.

I know Northstar is gay, but whos the guy he is kissing? or the guy kissing Magik?

also Rogue and Kurt? oh my

Looks like Northstar is kissing Dreken? Bobby has become such a little bitch that he can only kiss himself.

Also:
Guardians of the galaxy & The X-Men

This was fun but why has every comic book writer insists on turning Storm into a complete bitch. Magik shows up and she calls her a criminal. She bitches at Cyclops every time she sees him despite that fact that he's saved her live hundreds of times.

Top Bottom