• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The first issue of Nameless absolutely lived up to the pre-release hype. Morrison's writing and Fairbairn's colors are brilliant as always, but goodness has Burnham ever taking his art to the next level.

So glad to hear it. I mean, I fully expected it to live up to the hype, but even still, it's nice to have that confirmed.
I'm there for the OHC day one.

Drayco21

The only book this week I've even tried reading is the Black Vortex Alpha. Doesn't even wait a single page before going for dumb MCU jokes. I wish I could quit this shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hear Night of the Living Deadpool is actually good for once with those Deadpool off shoot things. confirmed?

I see theres a sequel now too

Drayco21

You should drop that book. Don't let it become your Catwoman. You aren't a Messi are you?

We're 23 issues in with no signs of slowing down, plus a second book, and a bunch of digital tie-ins, and several just as bad spin-offs from other writers, and I'm reading all of it.

I think I might be a Messi.

nope. and he's writting Uncanny All New Kaine too

If I could hate a comment to death...

Messi

We're 23 issues in with no signs of slowing down, plus a second book, and a bunch of digital tie-ins, and several just as bad spin-offs from other writers, and I'm reading all of it.

I think I might be a Messi.

If I could hate a comment to death...

Have you got copies of floppies, digital and trades? If not you have not gone full messi.

Owzers

I hear Night of the Living Deadpool is actually good for once with those Deadpool off shoot things. confirmed?

I see theres a sequel now too

It was worthwhile.

Multiversity Thunderworld was good, i didn't love the story though, but a fun addition to the event.

Drayco21

Have you got copies of floppies, digital and trades? If not you have not gone full messi.

Floppies and a lot of digitals. I'm not going to be buying the trades any time soon, so at least I haven't fallen that far yet.

Edit: finally finished Black Vortex,
Glad to see Gamora get a new costume that actually looks like a Gamora costume. No more MCU generic plainclothes or awful Mass Effect armor. This one looks great...so it's probably going to be ditched by the end of this event.

E the Shaggy

I don't quite get the logic behind Batman making everyone think that Grayson is dead when a.)Spyral knows he's Dick Grayson and b.) he keeps running into heroes and villains that know he's Dick Grayson.

Do we have an official definition of going full Messi is? because I used to act like a mad man.

Generally when you post this:
13769957062165.jpg

You've gone off the deep end then.

Superman 38 was so good guys... I'm really not a big fan of Supes but this book is making me one. Love everything about this. Clark's down to earth normie life, the problems you can't just fix with punching and shooting DBZ blasts at-- everything is so good.

Great conclusion to the great first arc of the current run. Favorite DC ongoing right now.

Messi

I really hope Marvel don't fuck this Secret Wars event up because there is so much riding on it and so much uncertainty regarding what happens afterwards.

fauxtrot

Banned
Stop talking about new comics until I can get off work and read mine. :(

But f'reals, what a week... I think Nameless will by the first thing I read when I get home tonight.

Sou Da

Avengers and Ant-Man were pretty great today and Star Wars #2 was excellent, much better than the first issue.

When the fuck is the next Sabrina coming out?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I love One Shots and I am interested in the Avengers: No More Bullying book... But is it worth it? I think I sas nobody here talking about it...

Messi

I love One Shots and I am interested in the Avengers: No More Bullying book... But is it worth it? I think I sas nobody here talking about it...

Talking Comics were discussing it last week and saying it was really worthwhile and that kids should be given it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh shit, I just found a Spider-Man book by Gail Simone :O

Talking Comics were discussing it last week and saying it was really worthwhile and that kids should be given it.

Thanks. I will try to hunt it down. It has a lot of sweet Variants, I have to look which one I will pick up.

I remember seeing some preview pages for it. It involves Hawkeye taking the Avengers aside to talk about his issue with them all regularly mocking him. Said discussion happens IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUCKING GIANT MONSTER ATTACK.

Top Bottom