• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

fauxtrot

Banned
Has to be her.

On another note, COPRA ROUND TWO sollicits are OUT!

UYuNqDY.gif

Oh yeah fauxtrot, wanted to tell you that my shop got in copies of Copra Round One. My friend picked up a copy while we were there.

Awesome, I'm glad Fiffe is getting some exposure outside of the miserable All-New Ultimates.

Speaking of COPRA, issue #19 is available from Michel Fiffe's etsy store and it's supposed to be a great jumping on point for new readers!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Gary probably writes really good screenplays. The finished product has other hands on it.

Weird, 'cause even his Walking Dead episode stunk. Did anybody read his future Oliver Twist comic?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I remember seeing some preview pages for it. It involves Hawkeye taking the Avengers aside to talk about his issue with them all regularly mocking him. Said discussion happens IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUCKING GIANT MONSTER ATTACK.
Poor Hawkguy. Do they bully him because he is always delayed?

fauxtrot

Banned
Damnit, my shop was out of Lady Killer #2 and Midtown Comics is also out of stock... can anyone suggest an affordable online site that will ship it to me safely? Thanks y'all.

Boogiepop

Freaking hell, read MTMTE vol. #4 last night, and holy crap. This book made me care about the romantic relationships between giant robots that turn into cars and crap!
Rewind, man, geez
. I swear, I admit that I don't pull a ton of stuff, but this is a real contender for best book coming out nowadays, and it's a Transformers book! I reiterate that you all better be reading this. Damn good comics!

Also, pissed at myself that in my ordering stuff yesterday I totally forgot to grab vol. #6 for this and RID. Bleh.

E the Shaggy

I just realized that Bendis' next book will most likely either be Black Panther, Captain Marvel, or Dr. Strange to coincide with their movies.

Freaking hell, read MTMTE vol. #4 last night, and holy crap. This book made me care about the romantic relationships between giant robots that turn into cars and crap!
Rewind, man, geez
. I swear, I admit that I don't pull a ton of stuff, but this is a real contender for best book coming out nowadays, and it's a Transformers book! I reiterate that you all better be reading this. Damn good comics!

Also, pissed at myself that in my ordering stuff yesterday I totally forgot to grab vol. #6 for this and RID. Bleh.
Spread the MTMTE love Boogie. It's the best team book on the stands by an immense margin.

I need to read this week's issue now .

fauxtrot

Banned
I just realized that Bendis' next book will most likely either be Black Panther, Captain Marvel, or Dr. Strange to coincide with their movies.

Oh god, he would be so terrible on Black Panther and/or Dr. Strange... you just made my tummy hurt. :(

KSD ain't going nowhere, though.

edit - Bendis Daredevil + Waid X-men... you heard it here first.

Owzers

i expected my April dcbs order to be smaller than it is...maybe just because everything is expensive the price isn't coming down huge despite being down to 17 flops.

Image: Black Science, Invincible, Manhattan Projects Sun, Nameless, Saga, Walking Dead, Wicked and Divine

Marvel: Secret Wars #1, Ant-Man, Avengers, Bucky, Daredevil, Howard the Duck #2, New Avengers, Secret Avengers #15 finale?, Thor, Uncanny Avengers.

DC: Pull list converged into nothing.

Trades: Maybe southern bastards vol 2 from IST?
Statues: eh, paint, etc.

On the plus side, there are a lot of series from Marvel i can read on MU when i eventually resub, always felt weird buying a lot of Marvel books while having a sub and then not having much to look forward to on Monday updates.

They will have to forcefully remove her from that book if her twitter and following are anything to go by.

Because that worked so well for DC with Gail Simone.
Though maybe it would have been for the best. Post-New52 Simone is missing something

Messi

Because that worked so well for DC with Gail Simone.
Though maybe it would have been for the best. Post-New52 Simone is missing something

If we pited those two fanbases against each other I would bet on KSD's fans.

Simone is still writing secret six but it is so incredibly dull and unremarkable.

fauxtrot

Banned
Would Gail Simone ever work on a Marvel title?

If she could get her mojo back, I'd read her version of X-Men... but I honestly think Hickman is going to move from two Avengers titles to two X-Men titles.

A guy can dream, right?

fauxtrot

Banned
Damn, I can't stop playing fantasy comic book editor in my head... sorry if this is getting irritating but Waid on Black Panther and Hickman on Dr. Strange! Yeah boyyy!

tim1138

All y'all expecting Hickman to jump into a new Marvel book anytime soon are just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Isak_Borg

All y'all expecting Hickman to jump into a new Marvel book anytime soon are just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Yeah, I think he's going to be taking a year sabbatical from Marvel once Secret Wars is done.

Dude has had two Amazing runs so far and probably told the story he wanted to tell. He'll be back when he has something fresh to say, kind of like Brubaker.

I think Ales Kot is probably going to be the next superstar writer for Marvel as Bendis and other folks slowly transition into more appropriate roles.

Top Bottom