• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Messi

SiP kids #2! SiP kids #2! SiP kids #2! SiP kids #2!

It went to reduced price on CMX! Can't wait to read it. SiP + Peanuts = pure joy

Oh shit, I put that in my wish list hoping it would drop in price. I didn't expect it so soon. Thanks for the heads up!

KATCHOOOCHOOOOCHOOOO

fauxtrot

Banned
Oh and new Bandette and Amelia Cole! Joy Joy (why am I the only one reading these two comics. Girly hijink gang you disappoint me)

I read Bandette, but I've never checked out Amelia Cole... the next time it's on sale at Comixology, I'll definitely pick it up! Thanks for the recommendation.

Lieber said he hadn't heard any plans for one the last time someone asked about it. So right now, the three paperback trades are the only physical options.

OK, then, do I just settle for the trades then or do I hold out hope that we get a hardcover before the end of the year?

maybe.gif

The daredevil trailer looks good. Much much better looking then marvels other TV output. I hope he starts sneaking in his Sparticus bros into the show

Oh and that Stan Lee thread in the OT makes some GAF members look extremely silly. Leave the guy alone. He didn't say anything offensive but you gotta get the pitchforks out anyway.

The GL omnibus looks great but I am slightly disappointed to be honest. More pages than Doom Patrol but a lot thinner? At least the paper quality is not Marvel level bad. (And it does cost a lot less than the Doom Patrol omnibus).

Messi

I got the first issue or so for free at one point and just kept on going from there. I like the book Naja as well.

Yeah, I got Bandette #1 free at some point too and loved it. So I kept reading. I must check out naja.

Comixology tells me that I already own the first Amelia Cole issue. Gotta give that a shot.

LosDaddie

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK is up with the Uncanny Avengers omnibus cover?

DEC140954.jpg

Might be the worst omnibus cover I've ever seen. I had to order the variant:

DEC140955.jpg

Thor's face on both of them is tripping me out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Havok is the leader

Cap gets central exposure

...racists

Avengers was underwhelming this week. Would have been better if marvel didn't spoil the last page a few days ago by showing the cover to secret wars 3.

Which Ultimates are you thinking of? Because most of them are pretty awful. But the original two volumes are pretty damn good super hero comics and were one of the key templates of the MCU (if you like that).

"Most of them are pretty awful" wtf? Mark Millars run Ultimates V1V2 and his Ultimate Avengers run were fantastic as was Jonathan Hickman's. Actually other tha Loeb Ultimates has been consistently good since its inception.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's the ultimates volume where Cap is such a square for not being down with incest? I wanna read that one :p

Fintan

What's the ultimates volume where Cap is such a square for not being down with incest? I wanna read that one :p
Cap expresses his disapproval for incest in nearly every issue of Ultimates. Mostly as a non-sequitur. It's a bit weird to be honest. Not sure what the writers were thinking.

Rhaknar

Is that new warriors book with kid nova any good? I added it when I read the Infinity Nova issues with speedball and justice in them

Is that new warriors book with kid nova any good? I added it when I read the Infinity Nova issues with speedball and justice in them
It's fun. The only problem is that it had a slow start which killed any momentum it could have had and it ended way too early. It had a lot of potential though, Yost is great at writing dialogue with Kaine and Aracely.
I gotta grab those Superior Foes trades in my next IST order. Cannot wait for omnibus that may never come.

Yes, good.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I will enjoy talking about it with you sometime in 2017 then! :D

No, no, you're thinking DC. This is Image, so we'll only have to wait until 2016 to talk about it!
I'm very much looking forward to it!

SiP kids #2! SiP kids #2! SiP kids #2! SiP kids #2!

It went to reduced price on CMX! Can't wait to read it. SiP + Peanuts = pure joy

I keep forgetting about SiP Kids. I definitely need to read that eventually.

NexusCell

Goddammit just finished reading Ant-man #2. 10/10 best book so far of the month. Anyone else have any thoughts about it.
I actually laughed out loud when it showed Tony Stark.

Drayco21

It's really good, and a sequel to Scarlet Spider, but Yost stumbles on the first couple issues in establishing the team.

New Warriors #9 is one of my favorite single issue of any Marvel book ever.

Ales can be a total name dropping prick at times but we talk every once and awhile and he's actually as nice as can be. The name dropping and over explaining at times can be grating but with a good editor in place it won't be an issue.

I haven't read Bucky past the first issue but not really my type of book but I thought Secret Avengers was fun & quirky outside of the fucking ego boosting name drops.

He's also really young so who knows.

I personally think he's the next big writer.

I keep forgetting about DC folk but Lemire is also at that point and could see him eventually taking that Waid spot of doing solo books with a really well crafted support characters. I dream of a Lemire Spider-Man book.

I also think Ales is probably the best person to write Dr. Strange when they finally do a solo book. His name dropping and attitude are a perfect fit for that character.

Also keep an eye out on Pat Shand@Zenescope dude in a couple of years is going to rise up.

With Bendis leaving X-Men, there's no earthly way he's not going Daredevil on Dr. Strange.

"Most of them are pretty awful" wtf? Mark Millars run Ultimates V1V2 and his Ultimate Avengers run were fantastic as was Jonathan Hickman's. Actually other tha Loeb Ultimates has been consistently good since its inception.

Millar's Ultimate Avengers is uniformly terrible. More noticeably so because Ultimates 1 and 2 were so groundbreakingly fantastic.

Top Bottom