• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

I know we're only 6 weeks or so into the year, but I have to say 2015 has been a SOLID fucking year for comics already. Every week so far I've had at least 2 or 3 comics that have made me go "Damn that was good, I fucking love comics."

SoilBreak

Banned
Got the 2 Hardcover collections of Revival. Pretty excited to read it!

I have not read Hawkeye yet but I love Fractions other stuff muchly. Besides that are there any other super hero stuff that are a little more down to earth? I like the art on the Black Widow books but I generally don't pick up super hero stuff unless it is pretty off kilter.

Ant-Man

Messi

I have not read Hawkeye yet but I love Fractions other stuff muchly. Besides that are there any other super hero stuff that are a little more down to earth? I like the art on the Black Widow books but I generally don't pick up super hero stuff unless it is pretty off kilter.

The Revival hardcovers are so sweet.

Black Widow is not really a super hero book and I think it is worth reading. Noto slays on art monthly.

Get Ant Man and Squirrel Girl for great laughs.

Tizoc

I was thinking about getting it but was unsure. It's good?

First ep. is short but we've got 4 eps. to go but you get a lot of milage out of the first ep. as much as if not more than your average Telltale ep.
Also girly hijinks in Oregan, come on mang, it's only $20 on PS4!
Also this
maTh3sh.jpg

Messi

First ep. is short but we've got 4 eps. to go but you get a lot of milage out of the first ep. as much as if not more than your average Telltale ep.
Also girly hijinks in Oregan, come on mang, it's only $20 on PS4!
Also this
maTh3sh.jpg

Those wacky neogafians.

I will pick it up tonight. But if it's crap it's on you guys.

So I can't spell all the cities or states in US, my bad =X

I'm teasing bro. It's just hilarious cause, literally, even our neighboring States can't get it right. It's also a little jarring anytime Oregon is used as the backdrop for something because it's always the coastal part of the state which is like a fraction of it.

Today I realized I can read hawkguy on unlimited and only be like 2 issues behind.

That's insane

I caught up like last week, read 19 (asl is important to my wife so we already owned the issue) which means I can buy 2 books and be caught up to current

Delays are okay 1% of the time and I found it

Today I realized I can read hawkguy on unlimited and only be like 2 issues behind.

That's insane

I caught up like last week, read 19 (asl is important to my wife so we already owned the issue) which means I can buy 2 books and be caught up to current

Delays are okay 1% of the time and I found it

But if there were no delays, you could probably have read all of it on MU by now.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just read two more issues of Waid's Daredevil from the vol 2 OHC. Great stuff. Samnee's art is just mindblowingly good. So good that I'm slightly bummed that Allred is on art for the next issue, and I love Allred.
I'm glad that the Omega Drive business is done with though. I much preferred the types of story arcs that were in the vol 1 OHC. Just more normal "Matt working a case"/"there's a new villain in town" type stuff. If Samnee wasn't on art, I'm pretty certain I wouldn't have enjoyed that Omega Drive/
Latveria
arc as much as I did.

I love how Hickman handwaved all the bullshit from Ultimate universe after he left.

Why did he leave UU ;_;

In the article from EW that was posted a few pages ago, Hickman talked about how he would have stayed on the Ultimates forever, but the sales were so terrible. It sounds like he was given a lifeboat out of a soon-to-be-canceled title and he took it. That's when he jumped onto his FF run.

CBTech

It is one of those days at work where I don't want want to be productive and just read comics...

I'm currently reading Frank Miller's run of Daredevil. I skipped the first arc where he is just the artist and jumped into where he is writing and penciling. It has been pretty solid so far. Just got through the first storyline about Kingpin's wife being kidnapped. Kingpin was really cool in this. I haven't had much exposure to Kingpin and this story really made his intellect and physical strength shine. Bullseye on the other hand has been really boring. Very one-note.

Ohnonono

The Revival hardcovers are so sweet.

Black Widow is not really a super hero book and I think it is worth reading. Noto slays on art monthly.

Get Ant Man and Squirrel Girl for great laughs.

Picked up the two Black Widow TPB that are out. Dip my toe in that Marvel well. I have a ton to read. Prolly time to start doing that and wait for the next trades of this stuff to come out.

Messi

Picked up the two Black Widow TPB that are out. Dip my toe in that Marvel well. I have a ton to read. Prolly time to start doing that and wait for the next trades of this stuff to come out.

That's a good way to do it. I really enjoyed the first two books of Black Widow. Give Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel first trades a try also.

ReAxion

Superior Foes is amazing

I read Nova #1 today...it was fiiiiine, you are all just a bunch of Dick fanboys. I went expecting it to give me herpes and kill my dog, it was completely unoffensive in my opinion. Big fat /shrug at all of youse.

Also the art was cool

I like Sam Alexander, too.

Silver Surfer

Hello friend, have you heard the good word of The Superior Foes of Spider-Man?

It's about the current "Sinister Six" (there's only five of them) and it focuses on them being a team of losers who can't do anything right. It's hilarious.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That book is getting crazy advance praise, I can't wait to check it out.

Plz be nothing like Trillium. Plz.

Also, excited to be reading more Lemire books again. This and Hawkeye should be fun.

I remember an issue of Fantastic Four with Dr. Doom in possession of many infinity gauntlets and and an army of lobotomized dooms. Was that plot just left hanging or did I miss something? I haven't read any non-Hickman FF so maybe someone else picked this up? I keep waiting for this to factor into Hickmans Avengers.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I remember an issue of Fantastic Four with Dr. Doom in possession of many infinity gauntlets and and an army of lobotomized dooms. Was that plot just left hanging or did I miss something? I haven't read any non-Hickman FF so maybe someone else picked this up? I keep waiting for this to factor into Hickmans Avengers.

Everytime, anyone of you mentions something that happens on Hickmanns FF or Avengers Run, I just WTF, this dude is a genius.

I really should start this weekend with the FF Omnibus.

Mudcrab

I remember an issue of Fantastic Four with Dr. Doom in possession of many infinity gauntlets and and an army of lobotomized dooms. Was that plot just left hanging or did I miss something? I haven't read any non-Hickman FF so maybe someone else picked this up?

You missed something. Hickman comes back to it towards the end of his run.

I keep waiting for this to factor into Hickmans Avengers.

It just might. Doom's universe could be part of Battleworld.

Owzers

I remember especially being disappointed by Civil War: Front Line tie-in. It's hard to say what purchase i regretted the most

Top Bottom