• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

tim1138

Going digital has ruined print hardcovers for me, so much gutter loss in the Punk Rock Jesus Deluxe Edition hardcover. Thank God I have the individual issues in CMX HD.

Anyone know when Punisher is suppose to be ending? I see "early" 2105. I know they will be starting two new books.
Also.. I know I'll sound naïve, but who/what is punisher max? Different punisher?

SoilBreak

Banned
Marvel announcing a new title on The View tomorrow

Marvel is excited to announce that on Friday, February 6th, at 11AM EST, as part of Marvel’s mega-event, SECRET WARS, it will be announcing its latest game-changing title live on the Emmy-Winning, daily talk show “The View”.

While that's all we really have to go on, there's also the title of said press release which is "MARVEL COMICS MAKES A FORCEFUL ANNOUNCEMENT ON “THE VIEW”!" The key word to for this is "forceful."

Okay, I'm still reading post OMD Amazing Spider-Man, and I just finished Character Assassination, which is the part where the mayoral election and the police conspiracy come to a head, and Menace's identity is revealed. I'm into it now. Coming up next is American Son and Dark Reign stuff, and then issue 600 and onward.

That's pretty rad.

It is rad

Y0ADAOL.jpg
AC_36_07.jpg

(The first pic is from Future's end, but you get the idea)

fauxtrot

Banned
It's gotta be something related to a relatively big Marvel character, or an all-new (heh) female superhero... I don't think The View's audience is going to give two shits about a Carol Danvers announcement.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Superior Foes is yesterday news.

It's all about the Ant-Man now

Having just read that Ant-Man issue of Waid's Daredevil, I'm pretty excited to read the new Ant-Man series when the OHC hits.

Final Crisis.

Please. You're a man of good taste. Why must you do this?
:p

It's already cancelled brah, all the kipp-ing in the world can't cancel it twice

I can sure try though.

I was bummed no one Franked your avatar yesterday.

Oh man. That would've been perfect. If I had any free time right now I'd do it.

Nudull

Banned
It's gotta be something related to a relatively big Marvel character, or an all-new (heh) female superhero... I don't think The View's audience is going to give two shits about a Carol Danvers announcement.

Didn't Marvel say something about incorporating Korean character White Fox into the main MU?

The "new" copy of the Absolute Watchmen I ordered from ebay came in.
Actual book is fine but as you can see the Spine is completely fucked in a way I've never seen before. It was listed as new and sealed(the seal was broken, should have taken a picture :/) I've never had problems with a buyer before, any advice? Hopefully contacting them will solve it, but the page in hindsight didn't actually show the spine(3 other great photos though) so I suppose it's my fault for not contacting first.

On the otherhand my copies of Absolute Promethea Vol 3 and Absolute Sandman Vol 5 came in perfect condition for 30 and 40 dollars respectively.

fauxtrot

Banned
Actual book is fine but as you can see the Spine is completely fucked in a way I've never seen before. It was listed as new and sealed(the seal was broken, should have taken a picture :/) I've never had problems with a buyer before, any advice? Hopefully contacting them will solve it, but the page in hindsight didn't actually show the spine(3 other great photos though) so I suppose it's my fault for not contacting first.

On the otherhand my copies of Absolute Promethea and Absolute Sandman Vol 5 came in perfect condition for 30 and 40 dollars respectively.

I would definitely try to get a replacement or your money back. If it was listed as new, it should look new! Shady ass eBay sellers, man...

If Bendis needs anal to be like in the glorious streetlevel past, them I am ok with anal

James-Franco-Drinking-Water-laughing-to-shock.gif

Thank you for participating in the ComicGAF™ QuickSurvey™.

</Adds all Marvel comics mentioned to MU reading list.>
</Adds all DC comics mentioned to library request list.>

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

On the otherhand my copies of Absolute Promethea and Absolute Sandman Vol 5 came in perfect condition for 30 and 40 dollars respectively.

So, if you want a full refund and want to send that beat up shit back, you can absolutely ask for a full refund from the buyer because the description was a lie and the condition is used/beat. If the dude doesn't respond or denies you, take it up with ebay/paypal, and they'll probably side with you, as they always lean towards buyers.

The other option is to contact the buyer and tell him that the book came worn and definitely not in the condition listed, and tell him that that's not acceptable and you want a partial refund to reflect the damage. I've done this before for things I still wanted but came in damaged/not as described. Also, just make sure you provide pics and details of the damage in the message

Edit: Also, it's not your fault if pics were provided but intentionally obscured damage and the description was a lie.

Messi

Didn't Thors first issue do really high numbers? You gotta imagine they picked up some readers from that reveal. Even if it was only for one issue.

Edit: Also, it's not your fault if pics were provided but intentionally obscured damage and the description was a lie.
I know, meant that it's more my fault for not realizing that was somewhat shady :p Buyer had enough feedback to where I wasn't worried, contacting them now and hopefully it wasn't intentional.

Didn't Thors first issue do really high numbers? You gotta imagine they picked up some readers from that reveal. Even if it was only for one issue.

It was #3 that month, behind only the final Death of Wolverine issue and an issue of Walking Dead that was included in Loot Crate.

Thor 1 $3.99 Marvel 150,862

Source

Messi

It was #3 that month, behind only the final Death of Wolverine issue and an issue of Walking Dead that was included in Loot Crate.

Thor 1 $3.99 Marvel 150,862

Source

Yeah. That is silly high for a book like Thor. It had to have helped along with regular comic readers giving the #1 a try.

Top Bottom