• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Yeah. That is silly high for a book like Thor. It had to have helped along with regular comic readers giving the #1 a try.

Never take the #1 of a Marvel title to mean anything. They have a stupid amount of variants for their number ones which artificial inflate their numbers. They have the largest drop-off between 1 and 2, between them, DC and Image.

Ex: Thor lost 61,000 from 1 to 2 and another 17,000 from 2 to 3.

fauxtrot

Banned
Never take the #1 of a Marvel title to mean anything. They have a stupid amount of variants for their number ones which artificial inflate their numbers. They have the largest drop-off between 1 and 2, between them, DC and Image.

Yeah, Marvel's variant game is STRONG.

They seem to be doing a bang up job of tricking casuals into thinking all these #1s are going to be worth money down the road, too... I don't agree with that tactic, but if that's what they need to do to sell some books, I can't argue from a financial standpoint.

Cheebo

Banned
Oh God I just pictured Marvel doing a Star Wars secret wars pitting the various non-canon versions of Star Wars characters like the EU and the Holiday Special with the "real" characters. Sadly it would probably do really well

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Action Comics is a hot mess. Wowie. Pak can't keep character consistency between panels let alone issues or arcs.

Superman I liked. Can we just let Johns quarterback all the Superbooks for the next two years and hopefully right the ship?

Action Comics is a hot mess. Wowie. Pak can't keep character consistency between panels let alone issues or arcs.

Superman I liked. Can we just let Johns quarterback all the Superbooks for the next two years and hopefully right the ship?
I always hear good things about the current run on Action, would you be able to spoil some hot deets for me?

And yeah, Superman is the bee's knees right now. Can't wait for the next issue.

fauxtrot

Banned
Is it possible that one of the unknown Battle World regions is from the Star Wars universe? The way they're using "forceful" in the announcement makes it sound Star Wars-y...

Please no.

Vibranium

Banned

Ex: Thor lost 61,000 from 1 to 2 and another 17,000 from 2 to 3.

Maybe Marvel should just list every single issue as #1 and use something else to mark book progression. I'm half-serious.

Cheebo

Banned
Is it possible that one of the unknown Battle World regions is from the Star Wars universe? The way they're using "forceful" in the announcement makes it sound Star Wars-y...

Please no.
Looking at how huge all the Star Wars marvel comics are selling that might just blind them into doing something absurd like that. Hell even the Princess Leia comic has alreadypre-sold over 200k copies.

Messi

Please no.

Won't be surprised when they do this. It will be hilarious.

Zombine

Banned
54f69765-db85-420c-b57d-436a344b7527.Large.jpg

AYY LMAO

Zombine

Banned
Those arms are killing me! And that waist holy shit. Not only did they paintbrush over a model, but they made her skinnier.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02...et-wars-announcement-will-be-made-on-the-view

LMAO what? Is IGN retarded?

If it's battle world related its either some all female X-force by Brian Wood or G.Willow Wilson or its Carol Corps book. I don't know where there getting Star Wars from.

It would be cool but it aint happening.

Well to be fair the press release says FORCEFUL announcement, it's a easy leap to make

Plus it's the view, everyone knows what star wars is, nobody knows who Carol is for example

Anyway, time to continue Infinity after last night not reading anything (dat betrayal)

Well to be fair the press release says FORCEFUL announcement, it's a easy leap to make

as in X-Force one of Marvel's biggest selling series of all time. It's probably like a Psylocke led all girl X-Force or something.

Keep in mind Disney owns both The View and Marvel so it could be anything they wish to promote including Captain Marvel since she's getting a film soon.

The action in Star Wars was better this week, but some of the dialogue seemed off and I wasn't a fan of Luke's "Master Kenobi." Still really liking the series

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just realised I never actually finished Carol's 2012 run because it went into a Avengers Assemble crossover called Enemy within. I noticed this when I got to a Infinity tie in, Carol is aparently brain damaged and I thought "wait i thought I finished captain marvel but I don't remember this happening". Time to fix this I guess

Guys, Brevoort said just the other day that Star Wars is not part of the Marvel multiverse. Possible he lied, but why would such a book be announced on The View anyway?

I'm guessing a Jean Grey ongoing. Hasn't that been rumored for a while? Could also be a female X-Force.

Drayco21

Guys, Brevoort said just the other day that Star Wars is not part of the Marvel multiverse. Possible he lied, but why would such a book be announced on The View anyway?

I'm guessing a Jean Grey ongoing. Hasn't that been rumored for a while? Could also be a female X-Force.

I want to say the Bleeding Cool guy has been insisting that it's coming for a while now.

I'd put my money down on something Kamala related.

My heart wants it to be a slice of life Anya/Mania ongoing.

Rhaknar

Trivia time! How many non-mutant members have the x-men had?

Off the top of my head, Longshot, Juggernaut, Spiral if you count X-Force. Anyone else?

tim1138

Guess they're giving Willow X-Men as a consolation for the inevitable cancelation of Ms Marvel during Secret Wars. Until they cancel X-Men to of course stick it to Fox!

Top Bottom