• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Messi

How was Bitch Planet #2? I didn't like the first issue, it didn't grab me. But I am curious if it comes good. If it does I will buy the trade.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Halfway through Infinity, really liking it. Even the tie ins are Ok.

Rio Bravo. Brutal. Perfect. Fucking brutal.

ldtpOON.jpg

Boogiepop

Saturn Apartments is so awesome. Definitely in my Manga-recs-for-non-Manga-readers list.

Saturn Apartments is cool, though I always relate it to Twin Spica in my head, which I found even better. Of course being a Vertical book its now got some terribly price-jacked volumes though, sadly.

Saturn Apartments is cool, though I always relate it to Twin Spica in my head, which I found even better. Of course being a Vertical book its now got some terribly price-jacked volumes though, sadly.

Twin Spica? Both the Nook and Kindle apps have it all available for $4.49 per volume. Unless you need physical versions, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Boogiepop

Twin Spica? Both the Nook and Kindle apps have it all available for $4.49 per volume. Unless you need physical versions, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Ah cool, good option for people (I fortunately got them all as they were coming out physically, mostly thanks to reviews. Even got a super nice extra firm bookmark with the first volume!)

Edit: Azumanga Daioh should totally be in that anime recommendation list, IMO.

Oh. Duh.

GWW is gonna be writing an Avengers version of the all female X-Men book. Ms. Marvel, Thor, and Captain Marvel will be members. Perfect for the view.

I win again.

Vyer

Nameless started off a little stronger on the horror front, but felt a lot less like a horror comic by the end.

I kinda hope that remains the case, as I'm not big on that genre.

Johns and maybe JRJR (it's kinda vague) leaving Superman

Johns says his next project is with Gary Frank. He's either referring to the second Batman Earth One OGN, or maybe they're finally launching a Shazam monthly.

awww man.... :(

I hope this doesn't mean I'll have to drop Superman again. It was kinda nice reading a supes monthly.

Excited for the project with Frank, though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Thought this was cool.

Aja posted all the Hawkeye covers:

HAWKEYECOVERS.jpg

Also, I nominate March's OT Title to be:

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Goodbye Bro. Hello Bro.

You know.

Cause Fraction's ends. And Lemire's begins.

Anyone? Anyone?

Crossover Anime:

Jin Roh
Ghost In The Shell
FLCL
Cowboy Bebop
Redline
Ninja Scroll
Gatchaman (YES!)
Fist of The North Star

Some of the movies or shows that ComicGAF may enjoy.

I like you. I do an annual watch of Redline animation is super on point and the music is top notch. Not to mention the balls to the wall action.

Vibranium

Banned
Man, Hawkeye 24 was really sad but satisfying in a weird way, especially with the history of
Barney going from a "villain" to a guy just trying to patch things up with Clint.

I'm curious what the new universe after Secret Wars will do in light of this ending though, bros.

Peru

This enemy within captain marvel/avengers assemble mini arc did absolutely nothing for me. It was bland and boring as shit. Maybe I'm not as big a fan of Carol as I think I am >_>

Enemy withing isn't very interesting, she got back her groove in the restart.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm super behind on comics as I had to take my cat to the vet and so haven't had a chance to read much but I had to make time for Hawkeye. That is a fantastic book. This run, once it's all collected, is going to be one of "those" runs that get recommended for years to come. Absolutely fantastic stuff. Not sure I'm going to be able to move on to Lemire's run afterwards.

tim1138

How was Bitch Planet #2? I didn't like the first issue, it didn't grab me. But I am curious if it comes good. If it does I will buy the trade.

Even only two issues in it's pretty obvious Bitch Planet is KSD's strongest work yet, it's phenomenal.

Man, what the shit? Him and JRJR come on and make the book readable and great for the first time in years and they're gone after one storyline?

I honestly never expected his run on Supes to be all that long. When he did interviews about it on the comic sites last summer, he never talked about plans beyond a first arc. Never expected JRJR would already be leaving as well, but maybe DC has some kind of vanity project lined up for him post Convergence. I really hope Johns is alluding to a new monthly from him and Frank and not just Batman Earth 1.

Zombine

Banned
I like you. I do an annual watch of Redline animation is super on point and the music is top notch. Not to mention the balls to the wall action.

Red Line is one of those movies that you watch and the entire time you're like

8BOLncT.gif

When all is said and done, I'll have owned a physical copy of every issue of Hawkeye. If my run of Captain Marvel is Tumblr bait, my run of Hawkeye is OT bait.

Starting bid? A billion dollars.

Top Bottom