• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Dunbar

Enjoyed Star Wars #2 very much. I think Aaron's got Han's voice down 100% and he's pretty close with Luke and Vader. Some of Vader's dialogue felt a little clunky to me, but I'm sure he'll get there.

But what was the deal with
Vader asking Luke which father he meant (In the "You killed my father!" exchange)? Was he intentionally hiding the truth? It read to me more like he genuinely had no clue.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am so confused.

When does Convergence start and when does this new slate of books kick off. Same goes for Secret Wars. When does that start and it's new books.

Damn it big two. You are making it too complicated.
I think June it is for Secret War.
The FCBD 0# Issue is for may dated.

Dunbar

I am so confused.

When does Convergence start and when does this new slate of books kick off. Same goes for Secret Wars. When does that start and it's new books.

Damn it big two. You are making it too complicated.
Convergence #0 (and the final Multiversity, Batman Eternal, Future's End, etc.) ships April 1 and it'll be weekly after that for nine weeks total. Issue #1 of the first set of two-shots will ship April 8, same week as Convergence #1.

I don't think they've announced a hard ship date for Secret Wars other than #0 on Free Comic Book Day.

CBTech

Enjoyed Star Wars #2 very much. I think Aaron's got Han's voice down 100% and he's pretty close with Luke and Vader. Some of Vader's dialogue felt a little clunky to me, but I'm sure he'll get there.

Vader asking Luke which father he meant (In the "You killed my father!" exchange)? Was he intentionally hiding the truth? It read to me more like he genuinely had no clue.

Vader doesn't know that Luke is his son yet. He didn't think anything of Luke until he recognized the lightsaber as his old one. It seems weird, but it makes sense. This is literally the first time Luke has met Vader face to face. In the movies, the first time Luke and Vader confront each other is in Cloud City. Because of that it made me think that Vader always knew, but that clearly isn't the case. I like it this way. If Vader knew that Luke was his son, he probably would have pulled the "I am your father" moment right away.

Messi

Convergence #0 (and the final Multiversity, Batman Eternal, Future's End, etc.) ships April 1 and it'll be weekly after that for nine weeks total. Issue #1 of the first set of two-shots will ship April 8, same week as Convergence #1.

I don't think they've announced a hard ship date for Secret Wars other than #0 on Free Comic Book Day.

Thank you for the info. Cleared it right up.

at this point he doesn't know Luke is his son, he finds out in ESB, so he genuinely has no clue, he didn't even realize he was the same pilot that blew up the death star. Some of Vader's dialogue was clunky but I did like his "I've killed many fathers" line

Thought I'd try out Spawn since it just launched on Comixology. Looked at the preview pages for issue #200 and instantly regretted it. I was like, WTF people still write dialogue like this unironically in the 2000s?

"I can't believe these guys ended up being so shady! I mean, they're bankers!".

I love Ant-Man. I really need to go back and read Superior Foes of Spidey.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, this thread is moving way too fucking quick today. Is Hickman going to DC after the Super Secret Summer Marvel event?

Tizoc

Some great books this week
Transformers MTMTE #37
Star Wars #2
Robocop 8
Namless #1
Megaman 45 (great coloring and shading)
The Goon #1
Annihilator #5

"I can't believe these guys ended up being so shady! I mean, they're bankers!".

I love Ant-Man. I really need to go back and read Superior Foes of Spidey.
Superior Foes is the best. Read it.
Okay, so I've been out of comics for roughly 10 years. Maybe longer. Any recommendations? With Comixology and digital stuff I'm quite enthusiastic about reading them again. I like dark and gritty action. I'm currently reading The Punisher MAX, as an example. Thanks!

I'm not really into dark or gritty stuff but I'm gonna channel my inner JC and say Stray Bullets.

Okay, screw it guys. Gillen Journey into Mystery is supposed to be awesome, yeah? I would be well advised to grab the two complete collections? Considering coupling that with the Transformers volumes I forgot to place in my last order on IST to hit free shipping...
It is indeed awesome. Gillen builds a great character in Kid Loki and a fully fledged story. It will work as a great companion to the Best Team Book In The Stands That So Happens To Have Transforming Robots I assume you are also ordering there.

Boogiepop

It is indeed awesome. Gillen builds a great character in Kid Loki and a fully fledged story. It will work as a great companion to the Best Team Book In The Stands That So Happens To Have Transforming Robots I assume you are also ordering there.

Awesome, and yeah. I just finished vol. #5, and the idea of waiting till later to order vol. #6 of MTMTE is no longer acceptable to me. (I do still have the Dark Cybertron stuff to read, though...)

SoilBreak

Banned
He did the 2 part Detetective Comic story a few months ago that got rave reviews. With artist John Paul Leon I think.

Benjamin_Percy @Twitter It's a reboot w/ a much darker, more literary aesthetic. True Detective w/ superheroes.
@Twitter Zero connection to the TV show.

I might I have to check out his Detetective Comics story & his new Green Arrow.

Bleeding Cool is pointing to a solicit blurb for the "Endgame" Detective Comics tie-in, and drawing a connection to the We Are Robin book announcement. If true, then the book is what I said it would be.

I'm reminded of Gotham City Imposters...

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Bleeding Cool is pointing to a solicit blurb for the "Endgame" Detective Comics tie-in, and drawing a connection to the We Are Robin book announcement. If true, then the book is what I said it would be.

I'm reminded of Gotham City Imposters...

What'd you say it would be? Can't comb through the 27 new pages from today.

Awesome, and yeah. I just finished vol. #5, and the idea of waiting till later to order vol. #6 of MTMTE is no longer acceptable to me. (I do still have the Dark Cybertron stuff to read, though...)
DC is kind of the lowest part of the run, but the new status quo after it makes it totally worth it.

A Dr. Fate ongoing?

Nice, nice. Very nice.

Nice.
Maybe it'll be 90s edgy Fate version!

fate0newfate.jpg

So Hickman tweeted that beautiful Alex Garner Anti-Monitor/Metron/Darkseid cover for Justice League that was,released today. That totally means he's coming to DC to write the New Gods and they just didn't announce it today.

That'd br the bestest thing ever. Damn you! Now I want this to be reality :(

Sou Da

Black Canary book drawn by Annie Wu
Starfire by Conner/Palmiotti/Lupacchino
Harley Quinn and Power Girl team-up mini series by Conner/Palmiotti/Roux

I wonder why titles like these don't get called out as pandering, while 'We are Robin' and 'A-Force' do?

I wonder why titles like these don't get called out as pandering, while 'We are Robin' and 'A-Force' do?

Former writer of Power Girl and current writer of Harley does a Power Girl Harley mini series after the continued success of Harley Quinn. Can't speak for the other two you mentioned but Palmiotti and Conner are proven in those characters.

Top Bottom