• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I like how everyone has their arms spread, but She Hulk's like "Fuck you, guys. I'm crossing my arms."

Shes always a little bit agressiv

28137-4243-31221-1-sensational-she-hulk.jpg

stn

Okay, so I've been out of comics for roughly 10 years. Maybe longer. Any recommendations? With Comixology and digital stuff I'm quite enthusiastic about reading them again. I like dark and gritty action. I'm currently reading The Punisher MAX, as an example. Thanks!

Messi

Okay, so I've been out of comics for roughly 10 years. Maybe longer. Any recommendations? With Comixology and digital stuff I'm quite enthusiastic about reading them again. I like dark and gritty action. I'm currently reading The Punisher MAX, as an example. Thanks!

Batman by Scott Snyder

Why does DC bring back characters only Grandpa's would care about?

Such as?

Are Grandpa's mad about Starfire and Batmite?

My roommate has similar tastes and books I've seen him read include: Happy, Judge Dredd and Jennifer Blood. Also, if you haven't read it, you might consider "The Boys".

stn

Thanks for the suggestions. Also, just wanted to say I've been reading Deathstroke New 52, also Mortal Kombat. Both are great.

Messi

I was mostly referring to Prez. The series could be great but it will be one hell of an uphill battle for sales, it reminds me of the Phantom Stranger series from a few years back.

Ah ok. It didn't make much sense to me at first.

I read Return of the living Deadpool on my break. Such a great looking book and enjoyable absurd start to the story. Can't wait for more. Didn't think we would get a sequel to the first series.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I read Return of the living Deadpool on my break. Such a great looking book and enjoyable absurd start to the story. Can't wait for more. Didn't think we would get a sequel to the first series.
is this a deadpoop adaption of night of the living dead or is just a gag?

Messi

Howard the Duck preview up on CBR. Not gonna read it as I don't wanna spoil the book but I know others are hyped.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=25955

It's well worth reading, it's more than a gag and not an adaptation of the movie.

Yep. Both Night and Return of the living Deadpool minis are worth reading. Loved night.

Both books are in black and white except Deadpool who is fully coloured. It is beautiful.

Messi

Gary Brown is saying he is off Catwoman after convergence and he was only there for 6 issues. All new creative teams after convergence he says. Shit.

Edit: apparently Genevieve Valentine is staying on. Yes.

Gary Brown is saying he is off Catwoman after convergence and he was only there for 6 issues. All new creative teams after convergence he says. Shit.

Edit: apparently Genevieve Valentine is staying on. Yes.

That was already announced in the lineup:

W: Genevieve Valentine, A: David Messina

tim1138

Chip Zdarsky is so weird and so great.

Join Chip Zdarsky, Joe Quinones, and Rico Renzi for Howard the Duck #1 on sale this March and also Howard the Duck #2 on sale this April and #3 in May and so on I guess. Hi I'm Chip

Vyer

After all this I'm going to have to nail down a new pull list. Without going broke.

I'm not even sure where to start.

Boogiepop

Gah, stupid TMNT Annual 2014. Such a pain since for whatever reason IST just never seems to have stocked it, which is annoying. Was getting ready to order it directly from IDW, but the shipping killed that idea, so it looks like it's random eBay seller time!

I hadn't read all of this week's books and finally read American Vampire SC #6.
This has been a genuinely great week but this book was my favorite. Hell, I love the series but it might be my favorite issue yet. That was some amazing world building.

tim1138

So Hickman tweeted that beautiful Alex Garner Anti-Monitor/Metron/Darkseid cover for Justice League that was,released today. That totally means he's coming to DC to write the New Gods and they just didn't announce it today.

Vyer

So Hickman tweeted that beautiful Alex Garner Anti-Monitor/Metron/Darkseid cover for Justice League that was,released today. That totally means he's coming to DC to write the New Gods and they just didn't announce it today.

Don't do this to me, Tim

It's well worth reading, it's more than a gag and not an adaptation of the movie.
Siillymonkey recommending a book, and a Deadpool book. Is today real
It probably just slipped their mind

Those were my exact thoughts when I saw that. All about connecting the dots and reading between the lines.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Based Hickman with the New Gods..... A new DC Pantheon will be born.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
All dat talent loss. Oh boy, I know we talked a couple of times Bout this but Marvel needs to get their shit together and really to get some of the high profile writer back o_O

Boogiepop

Okay, screw it guys. Gillen Journey into Mystery is supposed to be awesome, yeah? I would be well advised to grab the two complete collections? Considering coupling that with the Transformers volumes I forgot to place in my last order on IST to hit free shipping...

The action in Star Wars was better this week, but some of the dialogue seemed off and I wasn't a fan of Luke's "Master Kenobi." Still really liking the series

Yeah, I think Aaron's got the dialogue pretty spot on so far but that was the one line I felt sounded off. He would have just said Ben.

Really enjoyed #2 though. Loved Vader taking on the rogue AT-AT. Loved all of 3PO's stuff so far as well. Roll on Vader next week.

Messi

I am so confused.

When does Convergence start and when does this new slate of books kick off. Same goes for Secret Wars. When does that start and it's new books.

Damn it big two. You are making it too complicated.

Top Bottom