• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Oh, didn't know they were doing Harley covers like the flash covers last month. Liked the Grayson one.

Really upset they cancelled Supergirl, that was my favorite book. Hopefully they bring her back in the coming months. Starfire looks awesome though, will pick that up.
Yea I'm bummed..

Messi

Oh, didn't know they were doing Harley covers like the flash covers last month. Liked the Grayson one.

Yea I'm bummed..

I really like the Detective Comics one. Only one I really dont like so far is the Green Lantern one.

Detective_Comics_Vol_2_39_Textless_Harley_Quinn_Variant.jpg

This one is adorable

AQM_Cv39_HQ_var_5466137ac9aea8.99349709.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just finished Hawkguy 21. That last page.

Used to be the best page ever with that layout was "So live." from Sandman.

Used to be.
Fantastic page. Can't wait to see how it all ends. Not sure how I feel about a new team on the book. I was bummed when Wonder Woman changed teams but this will be a thousand times worse. Wonder what Aja will do next.

Messi

Remember JH Williams on Batwoman. That was incredible. His Sandman work is next level.

Edit: apologies to Rick Remender. I still love you.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Remender, huh? We just switching words for creators now?

That's just a Fraction of the changes we're making around ComicsGAF. We gonna start Bendising the rules around here. Like, no more of those redneck Hickmans around here anymore. If one of them shows up, I'll be like "BURNHAM AT THE STAKE!"
Ajajajajaja

Zombine

Banned
Great news!

Marvel's response will likely to be launching more of their books at $4.99.

The unfortunate thing is that there is going to be a lot of number fuckery when it comes to those $4.99 titles. Marvel can argue that the price point is successful due to associating it with a heavily marketed Star Wars book that broke sales numbers, then they can say that if the book stays steady for the next few issues that if those people stick around at $3.99 they would be willing to pay $5 for it.

I believe it's still cheaper than those DC combo packs, but I am still unhappy with that price point.

Edit: before anyone makes the argument that $5 is great and some kind of magic number that will save the industry is delusional. The only people that will see that extra buck are Marvel and Disney. Not the creators. It's just corporate pocket lining and reader exploitation.

Anyone getting The Metabarons reprint releasing this month? I think I'll get that and The Technopriests Supreme Collection.

And Final Incal is releasing in March.

The unfortunate thing is that there is going to be a lot of number fuckery when it comes to those $4.99 titles. Marvel can argue that the price point is successful due to associating it with a heavily marketed Star Wars book that broke sales numbers, then they can say that if the book stays steady for the next few issues that if those people stick around at $3.99 they would be willing to pay $5 for it.

I believe it's still cheaper than those DC combo packs, but I am still unhappy with that price point.

Edit: before anyone makes the argument that $5 is great and some kind of magic number that will save the industry is delusional. The only people that will see that extra buck are Marvel and Disney. Not the creators. It's just corporate pocket lining and reaser exploitation.
Exactly. And the paper quality will only get worse.

and what the fuck is Doomed about? The crossover wasn't enough!?

Boogiepop

So I read Dark Prelude last night. I haven't read Dark Cybertron yet, but yeah, that felt less like a prelude and more of a "crap, let's collect this random one shots somehow!" I guess there was a vague theme of the Titans and some rough linking between some of them. Fortunately they were still good, with the MTMTE ones being the best of the bunch easily and unsurprisingly. This got me wondering: are there other "spotlight" issues in the current run collected elsewhere/sitting uncollected? Also, should I grab Windblade?

Oh, and I just want to say how bizarre it feels to notice that pretty much anything starring Optimus/Orion Pax has pretty much been the low point of the rebooted stuff. Like, there's been some okay ones, but maybe it's just something about his status as the big serious hero guy that just kind of sucks the excitement out of anything he appears in, I don't know.

Messi

Why? Her run is considered a classic.
Other writers had big problems with different characters in the past, too, and are still delivering great stuff.

Sure. If it's good then it's good. But her Daredevil is a long time ago and her recent output has been questionable at best. Katana, Green Arrow, Catwoman and Klarion is gone now too.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just finished Daredevil OHC Vol 2. That
Coyote
arc was just incredible. Absolutely loved it.

Quick question about the ending:
Was Spider-Man SpOck in that last panel when Kirsten asks him for help and he says that he'll "crush him"? Or was that just Spider-Man being funny?

Anyways, think I'm going to finally start the Alias omnibus next.

Splatt

Just finished Daredevil OHC Vol 2. That
Coyote
arc was just incredible. Absolutely loved it.

Quick question about the ending:
Was Spider-Man SpOck in that last panel when Kirsten asks him for help and he says that he'll "crush him"? Or was that just Spider-Man being funny?

Anyways, think I'm going to finally start the Alias omnibus next.

SpOck

Top Bottom