• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

tim1138

If true then it also means that it will likely be a standalone, "ambiguous continuity" book like Superman Unchained.

Which makes sense, since the one quote I keep seeing everywhere is Didio saying story will trump continuity:

In this new era of storytelling, story will trump continuity as we continue to empower creators to tell the best stories

Splatt

Contiunity is for nerds

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

Yeah, I'd rather the creators tell stories that are relevant to the times rather than worrying what happened 30-50 years ago to a character.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
You guys are all crazy. Why should I even bother wasting my time reading a story if it's like it didn't actually happen?
Anything out of continuity is just a silly waste of time.

How about stuff that happened to a character an arc or two back?

I like references to stuff that happened if it fits a story.

From Twitter.

@PatrickZircher: DC is encouraging creative freedom, not just from writers but artists as well.
If this doesn't make for great stories, I'll eat my knit cap.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
@PatrickZircher: DC is encouraging creative freedom, not just from writers but artists as well.
If this doesn't make for great stories, I'll eat my knit cap.

If this is true, this is going to be awesome. I'd absolutely love to start seeing some Marvel NOW type ongoings from DC. Unique and creative and interesting. They were already dipping their toes in with the new Batgirl and a few other things, but it looks like they're going all in now? If true, awesome.

Really sounds like something to cover their asses from occasional slip ups like Robin Rises referencing final crisis.

Morrison's run on Batman with its obscure references really did nothing for me. I'm sure it delighted long (emphasis on long) time bat fans but it felt heavy handed for me.

Really sounds like something to cover their asses from occasional slip ups like Robin Rises referencing final crisis.

Morrison's run on Batman with its obscure references really did nothing for me. I'm sure it delighted long (emphasis on long) time bat fans but it felt heavy handed for me.

But that was Grants plot device for his run. To take the characters long history and make a story about it.

If this is true, this is going to be awesome. I'd absolutely love to start seeing some Marvel NOW type ongoings from DC. Unique and creative and interesting.

This is what I'm hoping for from this new DC.

Alan Moore had it right thirty years ago:
"This is an imaginary story (which may never happen, but then again may) about a perfect man who came from the sky and did only good. It tells of his twilight, when the great battles were over and the great miracles long since performed; of how his enemies conspired against him and of that final war in the snowblind wastes beneath the Northern Lights; of the women he loved and of the choice he made between them; of how he broke his most sacred oath, and how finally all the things he had were taken from him save one. It ends with a wink. It begins in a quiet midwestern town, one summer afternoon in the quiet midwestern future. Away in the big city, people still sometimes glance up hopefully from the sidewalks, glimpsing a distant speck in the sky... but no: it's only a bird, only a plane — Superman died ten years ago. This is an imaginary story... aren't they all?"

Owzers

I either do smart panel navigation or rotate to landscape mode

Landscape it and if the dialog is small, zoom in a little manually.

Sometimes i don't like stories that are sorta in continuity. If a character stays inverted after Axis, i expect him to be inverted in every book. I also don't like it when a character is on the moon/another world/dimension in their book but in a random other book they are eating pizza in the living room.

@PeterJTomasi: Will talk more about Batman and Robin after the DC Burbank meet! But I can say that I am not leaving the Batman Family!

Yissss

Messi

Eternal is going on hiatus and will do a season 2 when the time is right. I'm thinking he will tackle Harper or Steph or Batwoman.

I doubt they are chomping at the bit to bring back Batwoman right now. I'd say it's Harper put of those 3. Lafuente baby!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
At work, after helping mean old ladies today, this made me laugh on my break.

Pretty sure the Charles Atlas Foundation (or whatever the fuck it's called) was mad about that, and that caused issues with DC reissuing Flex Mentallo for so long. So basically, Doom Patrol is the best.

Guys, I'm so hyped for Prez, you wouldn't believe.

The main girl looks obnoxious in that concept art. It would have been cooler if the girl was smart and arrogant kind of like a female Damian Wayne. This girl seems like she's gonna be portrayed as dumb and ditzy which could be annoying.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm really behind on these announcements, man. That's weird as hell, but it could be awesome?

Incredible. More excited for this relaunch than Secret Wars by far.

This "relaunch" is the same crap DC has been dishing out since 2011. Scooping the bottom of the barrel for washed up writers and no names and putting them on random books just to keep old trademarks active. Also having all these high profile artists write and draw their own books is the dumbest thing ever. Todd mcFarlane and Rob Liefeld these guys ain't.

Filthy Slug

This "relaunch" is the same crap DC has been dishing out since 2011. Scooping the bottom of the barrel for washed up writers and no names and putting them on random books just to keep old trademarks active. Also having all these high profile artists write and draw their own books is the dumbest thing ever. Todd mcFarlane and Rob Liefeld these guys ain't.

Yo, I just want to say I disagree with everything you wrote. Also, Duarte Bizarro.

A $4.99 Ant-Man comic in the top ten. Looks like 4.99 ain't going away soon

It was just the #1, so it's sticking with the $3.99 price-point.

It was just for the first issue...

Maybe...

:(

The main girl looks obnoxious in that concept art. It would have been cooler if the girl was smart and arrogant kind of like a female Damian Wayne. This girl seems like she's gonna be portrayed as dumb and ditzy which could be annoying.

Are you sillymonkey on an alt account?

Top Bottom