• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

The only comic book games I play are like the new Batman games and Marvel vs. Capcom. Injustice was okay but I don't know if I'd honestly pick up the inevitable sequel.

If Rocksteady takes on another DC hero I will be all over that though.

Fintan

The only comic book games I play are like the new Batman games and Marvel vs. Capcom. Injustice was okay but I don't know if I'd honestly pick up the inevitable sequel.

A Spider-Man game on the level of Arkham Asylum would be amazing. Obviously not going to come from Rocksteady though!

SoilBreak

Banned

Green Arrow should be a good choice

Hey gaiz, bishoujo Raven says hello.

10958932_1042069832476079_1772333656433202218_n.jpg

Marvel Heroes ain't no Ultimate Alliance.

317cecd397f0b6dc602086faa5350f10.266x500x1.jpg

Played through the first two Arkham games, have MvC2 and UMvC3 on my Xbox 360, beat Injustice's story mode, and, uh, I've played like half of Lego Marvel?

In addition to Marvel Heroes and the first Ultimate Alliance.

A Spider-Man game on the level of Arkham Asylum would be amazing. Obviously not going to come from Rocksteady though!
One of my dream games would be a Spidey game made by Capcom or Platinum. Of course that would never happen, but it's nice to dream.
Green Arrow should be a good choice
That'd be pretty rad. I honestly feel like they could take any DC character and do a good job at it.

Zombine

Banned
I miss it. I miss it so much. Marvel Heroes is just about the next best thing though. But the first Ultimate Alliance....now that was a buggy, mid tier, super fun game. The second one was alright, but the first one was better.

I never played the first one, but people I used to play 2 with said it was a step backwards. Something about the lack of characters and costumes?

tim1138

I have many fond memories of the missus and I playing through the X-Men Legends and Ultimate Alliance games. It's a shame we'll never get a new installment on consoles.

Zombine

Banned
I still think that Spiderman 1 on GameCube is the highlight of my comic gaming career. MJ on MJ kiss was my finest gaming moment and possibly the birth of Zombine.

I never played the first one, but people I used to play 2 with said it was a step backwards. Something about the lack of characters and costumes?

If I remember correctly the main problem is that the story wasn't as good and they removed some of the RPG elements that the first one had.

Owzers

Catching up with Comics:

Afterlife With Archie 1-5: This series caught me by surprise despite the enthusiasm from reviews/GAF. I didn't think an Archie book, which i've only ever glanced at before, about zombies would be this well-written and entertaining. Francavilla on art consistently kills it. My only gripe is the plotting towards issue 4 and 5, the closing of the arc, particularly in issue 5 where they
use fireworks as a distraction to flee the town. This was very reminiscent of Land of the Dead and underwhelmed for a last impression. Also in issue 4 Archie's dog kinda talks? That was weird.
. So, great art, incredibly surprisingly good book until issue 4-ish and 5. Random 8/10 despite the gripes, well worth reading even if you don't care at all about Archie.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I've been marathoning the IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic since yesterday, and man, it's fucking great! Here's where I share some images and say, "yo, go check this book out, homies."
**Also, you get to pick your favorite voices for all the recognizable characters as you're reading**

Vyer

I picked up Superior Foes #1.

I shouldn't have picked up Superior Foes #1. My wallet doesn't appreciate it.

I've been marathoning the IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic since yesterday, and man, it's fucking great! Here's where I share some images and say, "yo, go check this book out, homies."
**Also, you get to pick your favorite voices for all the recognizable characters as you're reading**

Where you at in it? I've read the first 8 trades and I love it. Damn good book.

I still have all of the micro-series though, I wanna plow through them one day.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Where you at in it? I've read the first 8 trades and I love it. Damn good book.

I still have all of the micro-series though, I wanna plow through them one day.

About to read issue 10, Shredder and Karai are finally on the scene, and Master Splinter is their prisoner.

Yo, you should definitely read through the Micro-Series. There's shit that happens in them that's mentioned in the regular run, but so far, they're just well-done one-shot stories. Mikey's is the best of the bunch I've read, as it's him celebrating his first New Year's.

I say this EVERY TIME this is brought up, but I'm HOPING with all my might someone from Rocksteady reads it and says motherfucking yissss!

Rocksteady needs to do a Birds of Prey series after Batman is done. Think about it, Black Canary, Catwoman, Batgirl, and Huntress. Maybe Katana and that Talon woman.

It would be soooooo goood.

One of my dream games would be a Spidey game made by Capcom or Platinum. Of course that would never happen, but it's nice to dream.

That'd be pretty rad. I honestly feel like they could take any DC character and do a good job at it.

Marvel vs DC as a smash clone or MvC style would be so good.

Rocksteady should tackle Supes next (and probably will).

Would love to see a Hulk game on current gen hardware with frostbite destruction. Disney is so terrible at handling marvel on the gaming side :(.

Top Bottom