• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

I say this EVERY TIME this is brought up, but I'm HOPING with all my might someone from Rocksteady reads it and says motherfucking yissss!

Rocksteady needs to do a Birds of Prey series after Batman is done. Think about it, Black Canary, Catwoman, Batgirl, and Huntress. Maybe Katana and that Talon woman.

It would be soooooo goood.

That sounds lame since that would likely be an Arkham reskin. If Rocksteady doesn't make a game with a protagonist who has actual powers next then I'll be majorly disappointed.

About to read issue 10, Shredder and Karai are finally on the scene, and Master Splinter is their prisoner.

Yo, you should definitely read through the Micro-Series. There's shit that happens in them that's mentioned in the regular run, but so far, they're just well-done one-shot stories. Mikey's is the best of the bunch I've read, as it's him celebrating his first New Year's.
Yeah I grabbed all of the micro-series while they were on sale on Comixology the last time. I would have bought them sooner but IDW prices... I still need to grab the last two trades of the mainline book.

And I've mentioned it before but apparently Kevin Eastman used to live down here. One of the guys at the comic shop mentioned he used to visit all the time. He made a huge Ninja Turtle piece for the store too. It's rad as hell.
I say this EVERY TIME this is brought up, but I'm HOPING with all my might someone from Rocksteady reads it and says motherfucking yissss!

Rocksteady needs to do a Birds of Prey series after Batman is done. Think about it, Black Canary, Catwoman, Batgirl, and Huntress. Maybe Katana and that Talon woman.

It would be soooooo goood.
I'd be all for that, but again, I think they could tackle any DC hero and do just fine. Like someone said, I could see that being kinda similar to their Batman games so I'd prefer to see them do something else first. But that would be dope down the line.

Neoxon

InfinityGuantlet-promo.jpg

Still not big on the blonde hair, but I like the costume Star-Lord has on.

As I said earlier, just a Marvel Smash clone would be good.

The world needs more Smash clones.

I don't say DC because Marvel seems to have better variety in body types.

Honestly have no idea why there isn't any more smash clones. Haven't played playstation allstars but I hear it's pretty different from smash (not in a good way tho). Shouldn't really be any shame in copying smash or building upon it's core.

We should hear about suicide squad soon. If we play Deathstroke and it borrows elements from Shadows of Mordor it's going to be great. Was a bummer to play Deathstroke in AO and he doesn't even use his sword or guns.

Finally got to the Multiversity guidebook. Wow, it was even better than I expected. There are at least 10 of those worlds that I'd want to see miniseries on.

Finally got to the Multiversity guidebook. Wow, it was even better than I expected. There are at least 10 of those worlds that I'd want to see miniseries on.

Yeah, I kinda feel weird saying I think a Nazi League book would be pretty interesting. But then Uber is a comic that exists.

Boogiepop

Man, had a good birthday celebration with friends today, but my one friend ended up giving me like $30 to PS+, though I've ranted that it's not for me when prompted before. He definitely means well and he's definitely thinking something like "it's a totally awesome value so Boogiepop should totally be doing it and he'll be hooked" but it's completely useless to me thanks to my playing/purchasing style. Like, I had it for a bit back when that hack or whatever happened and they gave it out for free, and I got literally no use out of it whatsoever. And thanks to their craptastic policies I can't even be like "well I kind of wanted to get Rogue Legacy at some point so I can get that and hope it at least evens out" because I'd lose that by not staying subscribed to the thing.

So much as I'm a pansy and feel bad about rejecting gifts at all (I once felt bad as a child about failing to justify and needing to return a gift of a toy I never had), I'm thinking I'll have to just tell him and ask if we can figure out a return or something, since it's literally throwing away money with me. Ugh... I hate feeling this way about gifts since they're supposed to be nice things to make me happy, but situations like this just make me feel bad about myself :(.

Edit: To not be entirely negative: I had a great time today outside of that gnawing at me a bit here and there, and the Green Lantern Omnibus arrived and is a monster!

Owzers

The only solution is to give the PS+ sub to someone on gaf. I was happy with this month's ps+ offerings, but now that we are talking about the service i realize that i haven't played anything online in a longggggg time outside of trying Dragon Age Inflamation with a friend of mine for 30 minutes until we decided it was awful.

Boogiepop

The only solution is to give the PS+ sub to someone on gaf. I was happy with this month's ps+ offerings, but now that we are talking about the service i realize that i haven't played anything online in a longggggg time outside of trying Dragon Age Inflamation with a friend of mine for 30 minutes until we decided it was awful.

I did totally consider trading it away or something, but there's a good chance he'll ask me about it so the can of worms will have to be opened one way or another. I don't think it's a bad service but it's just not compatible with me at all (I don't like digital much and my PS3 is filled thanks to sales from the past year regardless, don't have a PS4 or Vita and don't plan to grab them soon, I've got relatively niche tastes on the Sony stuff and can only spot a handful of games I'd particularly be interested in from the past year, and even then I'd prefer to grab physical and not have them tied to a sub, etc).

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
This isn't comics, but it's published by Image, so close enough:
Just went through a bit of PunkRockPaperScissors (a book that's just pages and pages of DIY punk fliers from the 80s). Coolest thing ever.
Did you ever pick it up, Tim? If not, you definitely need to. You'll love it.

Man, had a good birthday celebration with friends today, but my one friend ended up giving me like $30 to PS+, though I've ranted that it's not for me when prompted before. He definitely means well and he's definitely thinking something like "it's a totally awesome value so Boogiepop should totally be doing it and he'll be hooked" but it's completely useless to me thanks to my playing/purchasing style. Like, I had it for a bit back when that hack or whatever happened and they gave it out for free, and I got literally no use out of it whatsoever. And thanks to their craptastic policies I can't even be like "well I kind of wanted to get Rogue Legacy at some point so I can get that and hope it at least evens out" because I'd lose that by not staying subscribed to the thing.

So much as I'm a pansy and feel bad about rejecting gifts at all (I once felt bad as a child about failing to justify and needing to return a gift of a toy I never had), I'm thinking I'll have to just tell him and ask if we can figure out a return or something, since it's literally throwing away money with me. Ugh... I hate feeling this way about gifts since they're supposed to be nice things to make me happy, but situations like this just make me feel bad about myself :(.

Edit: To not be entirely negative: I had a great time today outside of that gnawing at me a bit here and there, and the Green Lantern Omnibus arrived and is a monster!

Happy birthday!

I totally feel you on the feeling guilty about gifts you don't really like though. I'm the worst with that. I've asked my parents to return so many of the gifts they've gotten me. On the one hand, I feel bad that I can't just let them feel good about people giving me gifts even if I don't absolutely love them, but on the other hand, I hate to think people are throwing their money away on something I won't use/enjoy. So yeah, I completely feel your pain.

I did totally consider trading it away or something, but there's a good chance he'll ask me about it so the can of worms will have to be opened one way or another. I don't think it's a bad service but it's just not compatible with me at all (I don't like digital much and my PS3 is filled thanks to sales from the past year regardless, don't have a PS4 or Vita and don't plan to grab them soon, I've got relatively niche tastes on the Sony stuff and can only spot a handful of games I'd particularly be interested in from the past year, and even then I'd prefer to grab physical and not have them tied to a sub, etc).

Happy birthday!

PS+ is awesome

Boogiepop

On the crazy side, that same friend also gave me some Steam cash to use for the purchase of Hatoful Boyfriend, which we all did a first playthrough of together. And another set of friends got me a durian, which was the first time any of us have had it. I think it was because it was like chilled, but it wasn't repulsive in any way. Actually pretty damn tasty and I have the rest of it chilling in my fridge. Those things are absolute monsters too, just huge and dangerous looking.

Making up for 18 books last week.

My BuyList via Comics Day App
Sub Total for 7 items: $24.93
Discount @15%: $3.74
Sales Tax @0.0%: $0.00
Total: $21.19
BATMAN ETERNAL #45 $2.99
CONSTANTINE #22 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN VALENTINES DAY SPECIAL #1 $4.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #9 $3.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #41 (WEEKLY) $2.99
SECRET SIX #2 $2.99
RACHEL RISING #31 $3.99
0 items priced 'Please Inquire':
End of BuyList

Too-focused-on-WonderFest-to-think-about-comics LIST

Harley Quinn Valentine's Special #1
Secret Six #2
Elephantmen #62
Shutter #9
Walking Dead #137
All-New X-men #36
Captain Marvel #12
Guardians of the Galaxy #24
Thor #5

Nudull

Banned
The List Beyond the Looking Glass

Captain Marvel #12
Darth Vader #1
Help Us! Great Warrior #1
Mortal Kombat X #2
Princeless: The Pirate Princess #1
Secret Six #2
Wonderland #32

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Weekend order arrived:

American Vampire, Vol 7
Animal Man, Vol 5: Evolve or Die!
Aquaman, Vol 4: Death of a King
Black Science, Vol 2: Welcome, Nowhere
TMNT, Vol 10: New Mutant Order
TMNT Adventures, Vol 9
Veil

Drayco21

List of Preparing to be Disappointed by Spiders and Black Vortex:
Batman Eternal #45
Constantine #22
Justice League United #9
Mortal Kombat X #2
The New 52: Future's End #41
Secret Six #2

Amazing Spider-Man #14
Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier #5
Captain Marvel #12
Cyclops #10
Darth Vader #1
Guardians 3000 #5
Guardians of the Galaxy #24
Spider-Woman #4
Thanos vs. Hulk #3
Thor #5
Wolverines #6
X-Force #15

Still not big on the blonde hair, but I like the costume Star-Lord has on.

It still makes me madder than it should that they keep making new masks with exposed hair. The full helmet costume was so good. They should go back and let me forget that Bendis had Star-Lord use the Cosmic Cube to re-dye his hair.

Cade

Tara Strong aka fake harley

#TeamBATSHarleywhosenameIforget

EDIT: ventured into OT comics threads again guys. Forgive me JC for I have sinned

Neoxon

It still makes me madder than it should that they keep making new masks with exposed hair. The full helmet costume was so good. They should go back and let me forget that Bendis had Star-Lord use the Cosmic Cube to re-dye his hair.
Given the success of the movie, the mask with exposed hair has become kinda iconic for Star-Lord. As awesome as the helmet is, I don't think they'll go back to it & stick with just the mask. At the very least, it's a pretty good compromise between the comic mask/helmet & the movie mask.

Top Bottom