• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Sothpaw

Not sure what Marvel is going for with the A-Force team. Is there some story reason for an all-women team?

And no Psylocke on the all-women team? Not exactly begging for my money now are you guys. Then again, maybe I am glad she's not on the team.

Owzers

Not sure what Marvel is going for with the A-Force team. Is there some story reason for an all-women team?

In the wake of the Secret Wars destruction, readers will find the female heroes in Arcadia, a feminist utopia of sorts. When the peaceful home comes under attack from a familiar threat, the women will form the A-Force.

That's what we got from the soon-after-announcement interviews.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just read the first issue of Alias. Love it. Very much looking forward to the rest of the run.

Hmm. The humor is borderline trying too hard. It could be a great book or it could just be dumb, depending on how forced the "HA! LOOK AT HOW MUCH THIS IS LIKE THE OPPOSITE OF NORMAL FAIRYTALES!" type humor ends up being. I feel like it would be way more entertaining if he took it down a notch and didn't try to be so extreme.
Hard to tell from just a 4 page preview though.

Boogiepop

Well, I texted my friend about not being able to use the PS+ cards and... he was okay with that, but he said that Gamestop apparently doesn't do returns on them, so I'll have to figure out how to get around that BS I guess.

Edit: Also thanks for all the Happy Birthday messages, guys!

Kipp

Hmm. Debating whether or not I want to go to Long Beach Comic Expo... Chris Burnham's gonna be there, so I could get Absolute Batman Inc. signed and maybe actually buy a print from him this time. And Dave Johnson is supposedly going to be there, but he was also supposed to be at Long Beach Comic Con but wasn't there.

Not sure if I want to make the drive to Long Beach though.

Messi

I'm behind like three sets for budget reasons but I've been cherry picking figures here and there. And I'm going to assume we're not counting the small Sentinels out of Chaos War or whatever, in which case, I bow before your superior Sentinel fandom. -- That's Omega Sentinel, right?

tumblr_lykx1en3sV1qbh2jco1_r1_250.gif

The worst.

I love how that gif cuts out the NSFW bits. That's from my favorite house episode. Lucky 13.

Zombine

Banned
Harley Quinn vol 1 is $5 on Comixology right now. That's 9 issues for $5. As a comparison, Ant-Man #1 was $5 for 0 extra pages and shit paper.

Chinner

Banned
Anyone else finding The Punisher run disappointing?

I want to like it, but considering this is one large story arc and we're on issue 15 the story and characters is pretty flimsy. None of the characters have any depth to them with a type of Millhouse Punisher who constantly fails repeatedly which in itself is tiring to read . It almost feels like they're getting ready to kill him off with a replacement.

Hmm. Debating whether or not I want to go to Long Beach Comic Expo... Chris Burnham's gonna be there, so I could get Absolute Batman Inc. signed and maybe actually buy a print from him this time. And Dave Johnson is supposedly going to be there, but he was also supposed to be at Long Beach Comic Con but wasn't there.

Not sure if I want to make the drive to Long Beach though.

I think I saw Dave there when i was there. I don't remember if he officially had a table though. I'm debating going myself, money's kinda tight, plus i'm going to Wondercon and i might just save my money for that

You should've seen me yesterday. I bought an $80 pair of climbing shoes. And without even feeling any guilt for spending the money. It was a sight to behold.

Literally,

whitney_receipts.gif

Harley Quinn vol 1 is $5 on Comixology right now. That's 9 issues for $5. As a comparison, Ant-Man #1 was $5 for 0 extra pages and shit paper.

Harley's been a delight. If you guys haven't gotten onboard, do so. This is a great deal.

Kipp

I think I saw Dave there when i was there. I don't remember if he officially had a table though. I'm debating going myself, money's kinda tight, plus i'm going to Wondercon and i might just save my money for that

Ah. Maybe he just decided not to come back for Sunday (even though the website didn't say anything about him being Saturday only). I looked pretty hard to find him since he was one of the main people I wanted to see, but no luck.

Also, is it just me or is the LB Comic Expo more expensive than the LB Comic Con? I feel like LBCC had slightly cheaper tickets. I could easily be misremembering though. Also, which one of the two is supposed to be the bigger event? The Con, right?

Ah. Maybe he just decided not to come back for Sunday (even though the website didn't say anything about him being Saturday only). I looked pretty hard to find him since he was one of the main people I wanted to see, but no luck.

Also, is it just me or is the LB Comic Expo more expensive than the LB Comic Con? I feel like LBCC had slightly cheaper tickets. I could easily be misremembering though. Also, which one of the two is supposed to be the bigger event? The Con, right?

I think it might be around the same price, i think i paid a little under $30 for a LBCC one-day? LBCC is/was the bigger one, yeah, the Expo just expanded to being 2 days this year or last, i don't remember. As for Dave, I think he was by Jeff Stokely IIRC, but it's possible that he pulled a Liefeld and didn't show sunday

I'm behind like three sets for budget reasons but I've been cherry picking figures here and there. And I'm going to assume we're not counting the small Sentinels out of Chaos War or whatever, in which case, I bow before your superior Sentinel fandom. -- That's Omega Sentinel, right?

That is Omega Prime. (They also made two figures of her in earlier Heroclix sets. Giant Size X-Men. One of them was a common, one was a LE figure.)

Kipp

Literally,

whitney_receipts.gif

Boom.

AND I bought a $20 REI lifetime membership (10% back on any purchases there for the rest of my life, so I only have to spend $120 more there in my liftetime to have it pay for itself. Plus there are other perks too. Why not).

Also, just noticed that my purchase was made at exactly 4:20. And coincidentally, the guy who was helping me with the shoes seemed high out of his mind. He was chill.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

While I think that the deal is great, even for the physical trade, which is going to cost only 7€, I am always surprised when I read the constant talk about the prices of Marvel books, that you guys dont seem to vote with the wallet. I mean, whats the point in complaining all the time about it when you all do nothing against it, Axel wont make the books cheaper when you all are still buying it.

That is Omega Prime. (They also made two figures of her in earlier Heroclix sets. Giant Size X-Men. One of them was a common, one was a LE figure.)

Ah, right. I started just after Giant Size X-Men. Captain America set, if I recall, and never really made much of an effort to get anything before that. Didn't help that Giant Size X-Men was stupidly expensive.

Boom.

AND I bought a $20 REI lifetime membership (10% back on any purchases there for the rest of my life, so I only have to spend $120 more there in my liftetime to have it pay for itself. Plus there are other perks too. Why not).

Why didn't you buy the membership first and then get the shoes? You missed out on 8 dollars bro.

I want to like it, but considering this is one large story arc and we're on issue 15 the story and characters is pretty flimsy. None of the characters have any depth to them with a type of Millhouse Punisher who constantly fails repeatedly which in itself is tiring to read . It almost feels like they're getting ready to kill him off with a replacement.

I'm trying to remain optimistic and I like it, but I totally get where you're coming from.

Boom.

Also, just noticed that my purchase was made at exactly 4:20. And coincidentally, the guy who was helping me with the shoes seemed high out of his mind. He was chill.

Who are you and what have you done with Kipp?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Everything you said is why I stopped reading it myself.

Zombine

Banned
While I think that the deal is great, even for the physical trade, which is going to cost only 7€, I am always surprised when I read the constant talk about the prices of Marvel books, that you guys dont seem to vote with the wallet. I mean, whats the point in complaining all the time about it when you all do nothing against it, Axel wont make the books cheaper when you all are still buying it.

I bought Ant-Man for $1 on eBay.

Kipp

Who are you and what have you done with Kipp?

Got a decent-paying, full-time job, yo. I'm a baller now.

But in actuality, I've always been okay with spending money on things I know I'll get good use out of. Usually expensive things. For some reason it's much easier for me to buy something expensive that I know I'll enjoy/use a lot than something inexpensive that I'm not sure I'll love. It's peculiar, but yeah.

The funny thing about the new job and bringing in about 4x more money than I was before is that I still feel like I can't spend that much, because I have an amount in my head that I want to have saved up a year from now, and in order to hit the amount, I can't spend more than I was spending before I got the new job. Haha

Yea. It's following the typical edmonson written pattern. Nothing is really bad but dam is it dull and forgetful with paper thin characters. I like his military bases action tactics but even they lack oomph and tension.

frye

Yeah, I'm with Birdie on this one. Frankly speaking, the number of times the mainline X-Men book has been good can probably be counted with two hands if we're being generous. Cutting away an arbitrary number of years from continuity makes absolutely no sense from that perspective and there's really nothing they gain from doing it. X-Men is a mess, but it always has been.

ElNarez

Banned
Yeah, I'm with Birdie on this one. Frankly speaking, the number of times the mainline X-Men book has been good can probably be counted with two hands if we're being generous. Cutting away an arbitrary number of years from continuity makes absolutely no sense from that perspective and there's really nothing they gain from doing it. X-Men is a mess, but it always has been.

Actually, it's shared universes. Your favorite book has probably been shit at one moment or another. Making do with it is part of the fun.

Bii

Interesting. Looks like Fables #150 is going to be TPB sized. #150 == v22.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/07/fables-150-will-be-fables-volume-22-and-the-sandman-galley/

Hell yeah, I'm excited. The last few issues have been great and I'm looking forward to its finale.

Boom.

I've been thinking of getting an REI membership too. I'm in the market for a cargo box for my crossbars.

frye

Actually, it's shared universes. Your favorite book has probably been shit at one moment or another. Making do with it is part of the fun.

That too!

It does feel like X-Men fans complain about this kind of stuff disproportionately tho

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is Gen 13 Images attemp for an X-Men book? I am reading right now a Crossover with them and I feel like they are somekind of a bunch lf bad X-Men clones...

Top Bottom