• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

I follow the Sex Crims one, it's good. Hawkguy blogs tend to be good too.

I always end up having to unfollow people on tumblr just because it gets to the point where all of them start reblogging dick pics or some shit and I'm just not about that. I follow most of them for the pictures, their opinions are usually bleh. Creators are almost always good follows though.

I follow dcwomenkickingass and half the time she has insightful views that are really interesting. The other half of the time is desperately finding something to be offended at. She is seething at the fact that Batwoman is cancelled. You'd think it was an attack on LGBT people and not a response to low sales (and she offers only a grudging acknowledgement of a Midnighter solo title).

Batwoman cancellation is an attack on all people that like comics ever.

i8izjqpwgxpozsktndnc.gif

And then there's that awkward obligation to your LCS to buy the stuff you forgot to take off.

That's why CMX saved my life. I can put stuff on a Wish List instead of a Pull List. So much cheaper.

I've forgotten to take Spider-Man 2099 off my list for the last few month, I haven't read like the last three issues. Now it's ending and I mine as well just wait it out. God forbid I inconvenience the nice dude at the counter.

I always end up having to unfollow people on tumblr just because it gets to the point where all of them start reblogging dick pics or some shit and I'm just not about that. I follow most of them for the pictures, their opinions are usually bleh.

tumblr in two sentences

although I never see the dick pics either!

And then there's that awkward obligation to your LCS to buy the stuff you forgot to take off.

That's why CMX saved my life. I can put stuff on a Wish List instead of a Pull List. So much cheaper.

Just have a good relationship with your LCS. I can totally take a book out of my box and put it back on the shelf. Heck I can return a book I take home for any reason. This is because I don't abuse it, of course, but it's something that grew over time.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Only 13 more issues of Doom Patrol to go. :sniff:

And it only gets better during those last issues.
I just remembered one of the many things that happens at the end of Doom Patrol and my mind got blown all over again.

It's insane how consistently brilliant Morrison's Doom Patrol was for its fairly long run. I was so worried it would fizzle out at the end or something, but it does not. Not one bit. So looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the last bits.

Read the first three issues of Claremont's X-Men today. It's got that annoying 70s-style narration, but I'm enjoying it regardless.

Also read Rocket Raccoon #1. That's some good stuff, better than the two that follow.

Messi

Messi.... While I agree it was a step down from the Blackman / Willaims run, I would never consider dropping a comic about lesbian vampires.

I didn't drop it and them lesbian vampires are awesome but the book is going nowhere.

Batwoman is also a vampire, a lesbian vampire at that.

PsychBat!

Banned
Sometimes, I think about having a more active online social presence, what with the Facebook and the twittering and tumbling.

Then, I don't.

lol I was thinking about doing the same thing but with youtube. Give my thoughts on why I choose the top 5 of the week the way I do. But the world is a cruel place.

barrin87

Sometimes, I think about having a more active online social presence, what with the Facebook and the twittering and tumbling.

Then, I don't.

I created a Twitter account once. Had a full two followers and I'm pretty sure they were fake profiles. :(

Now I just follow a few people and companies.

Zombine

Banned
I didn't drop it and them lesbian vampires are awesome but the book is going nowhere.

Batwoman is also a vampire, a lesbian vampire at that.

Going nowhere fast he's reached the climax
Together but Messi's done
Wont commit so he dropped this run
Do they separate?
Don't wanna give in so he gave up.
Can't take it back its too late
Messi reached the climax. Climax.

you guys... you guys.... you guys...

You are already canceled.

Then, I don't.

I've never used twitter or facebook. I've been thinking about maybe getting a twitter, but I never act on it. I'd definitely never get a facebook with all the useless fuckery that goes on over there, what with people jerking off over how many likes they get.

The problem with Twitter is there's no room for nuanced arguments in 140 characters or less. It leads to a lot of unnecessary bluntness. I like looking at what creators are saying though.

I dunno why I still have a Facebook TBH. I should probably just learn how to work RSS feed aggregators and call it a day. Most of my posts are about comics or other stuff anyway, and it's not like people care. I wouldn't cancel it outright though, because otherwise I get a blizzard of "ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" messages on Steam and whatnot.

Messi

Going nowhere fast he's reached the climax
Together but Messi's done
Wont commit so he dropped this run
Do they separate?
Don't wanna give in so he gave up.
Can't take it back its too late
Messi reached the climax. Climax.

You are already canceled.

untitled-12ycj6e.gif

Zombine

Banned
The problem with Twitter is there's no room for nuanced arguments in 140 characters or less. It leads to a lot of unnecessary bluntness. I like looking at what creators are saying though.

Comics are a medium I love and that is why I am so adamant about Marvel not adopting the $4.99 price point permanently. I dislike it because

ReAxion

I follow the Sex Crims one, it's good. Hawkguy blogs tend to be good too.

I always end up having to unfollow people on tumblr just because it gets to the point where all of them start reblogging dick pics or some shit and I'm just not about that. I follow most of them for the pictures, their opinions are usually bleh. Creators are almost always good follows though.

my fiancé runs it. chip & matt weren't doing theirs so they gave her unofficial official status.
the other plug is more obvious. it is really good for following artists, too. rando opinions tho, ick.

I dunno why I still have a Facebook TBH. I should probably just learn how to work RSS feed aggregators and call it a day. Most of my posts are about comics or other stuff anyway, and it's not like people care. I wouldn't cancel it outright though, because otherwise I get a blizzard of "ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" messages on Steam and whatnot.

Twitter is basically extended RSS for me. rando opinions tho, ick.

PsychBat!

Banned
Pretty cool interview with Al Ewing regarding Last Days of Cap and the Mighty Avengers.
Link.
I like the recent issues, and they welcomed Spidey back which was cool.

Top Bottom