• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Owzers

I did not turn back from Dark Knight Strikes Again, it is bizarre and kinda bad but also goofy and i think i will finish it since i'm almost done with the second issue now. If i had blind bought the Absolute edition or something i'd be pissed, but i'm enjoying it as much as my $5 copy of Ultimatum's hardcover. Trainwrecks, as long as they keep things moving, are enjoyable for the right price.

Messi

are there any Olivia Wilde flicks you'd recommend, Messi

I kinda wanna watch something with her in it but she's in so much stuff i don't wanna watch (like uhh Tron Legacy. And then she shows up in, like, Rush and she's only in it for like 5-10 minutes tops

Drinking Buddies and it also has anna kendrick and jake johnson, Olivia is adorable in it and it makes me want to drink more beer, but to be fair she hasn't had the best movie career. Her tv stuff is much better. She is generally really good in stuff but she isn't in the best movies. She is bit parts in bigger movies like Rush and Her. Tron not hitting it big pretty much killed that end of her career.

It still hurts me that she turned down playing Gamora.

Alpha dog is great though, and she is topless in it. But again she has a fairly small part in the movie.

I did not turn back from Dark Knight Strikes Again, it is bizarre and kinda bad but also goofy and i think i will finish it since i'm almost done with the second issue now. If i had blind bought the Absolute edition or something i'd be pissed, but i'm enjoying it as much as my $5 copy of Ultimatum's hardcover. Trainwrecks, as long as they keep things moving, are enjoyable for the right price.

frye talking about it has made me very interested. Sounds like an interesting read.

you guys said Blackbolt was some sort of badass. Badasses dont get bitched by Thanos

No one named Blackagar Boltagon is ever a badass.

They are pushing the Inhumans and want you to think they are badass. But they're not. They're Inhumans and Inhumans are bad in almost everything they are in. Only time they aren't is maybe War of Kings. But in that they're mostly less bad than normal.

Nudull

Banned
Drinking Buddies and it also has anna kendrick and jake johnson, Olivia is adorable in it and it makes me want to drink more beer, but to be fair she hasn't had the best movie career. Her tv stuff is much better. She is generally really good in stuff but she isn't in the best movies. She is bit parts in bigger movies like Rush and Her. Tron not hitting it big pretty much killed that end of her career.

It still hurts me that she turned down playing Gamora.

Alpha dog is great though, and she is topless in it. But again she has a fairly small part in the movie.

I'm not surprised that that's the one thing you remember about Alpha Dog.

mm looks like GoTG Ult Coll. 1 might be heading the way of the Dodo...do I bite or wait and see if they include it in an Omni down the line after Conquest and see what they do with the RoK/WoKs...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thread is gonna be so crazy in may

Edit: MU updated and I forgot. the beginning of the end :(

Zombine

Banned
I enjoyed Issue #2 of Star Wars. Not a whole lot to be said other than it was a quick read and it had some great moments. Still rock solid, still has shittt covers only to get shitter by #3.

Zombine

Banned
I don't hate him at all. I never had a shot so...

I get the 5 year vibe from them. We're coming up on that number soon. I'm waiting for reports of an "amicable split" and then some TMZ stories about how she gets their house and he moves into some ratty apartment.

Nudull

Banned
I get the 5 year vibe from them. We're coming up on that number soon. I'm waiting for reports of an "amicable split" and then some TMZ stories about how she gets their house and he moves into some ratty apartment.

And then Messi leaves us for Hollywood with a pocket full of dreams...

Jeff King talks the actual Convergence comic.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/0...y?hootPostID=16b183004328a08bd22e882645bc23fb

“In Convergence, you’re gonna see Harley Quinn up against Captain Carrot. You’re gonna see Wally West and the kids trying to reunite with Linda—and, oh, Fastback is with them. You’re gonna see two generations of Golden Age and contemporary Flashes, Supermen, Green Lanterns—when are you gonna see all of these characters together except Convergence?”

B9cQQD4CAAA1Zsz.jpg

Batgirl, Black Canary, Maps and Olive, and the Batman.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Zombine is that allred art on your avatar, been meaning to ask

tim1138

Someone needs to pitch a new Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew series.

How's it look brah? The LCS that KoruptData and I frequent has a bunch of older DC Universe figures in and I got a bad ass Etrigan.

I know! Is Omega Men something I should look into when June comes around? Just seems like if the Forever People couldn't take off, how the Omega Men going to do it.

tim1138

I know! Is Omega Men something I should look into when June comes around? Just seems like if the Forever People couldn't take off, how the Omega Men going to do it.

Forever People was pretty much doomed from the start, it wasn't even really popular when Kirby introduced them back on the day. They are definitely the outcasts of the New Gods characters. Couple that with DiDio writing it and Giffen not keeping up on the art, and yeah, I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did.

The Omega Men has a solid creative team, and if I remember right, you're a big Tom King fan. It's a good concept and would expand DC's cosmic footprint beyond the Lantern titles.

Forever People was pretty much doomed from the start, it wasn't even really popular when Kirby introduced them back on the day. They are definitely the outcasts of the New Gods characters. Couple that with DiDio writing it and Giffen not keeping up on the art, and yeah, I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did.

The Omega Men has a solid creative team, and if I remember right, you're a big Tom King fan. It's a good concept and would expand DC's cosmic footprint beyond the Lantern titles.
Yep. Let's do our best brahs. Especially with Venditti on Green Lantern.

tim1138

Jesus FUCK didn't look at this shit. Stray Bullets sells more than that.

Don't you gotta be above 6,000 to be profitable?

Ales Kot bout to find a new career fam...man comic sales are like comic threads in OT, don't click if you like being happy

Sadly Zero's sales numbers didn't even phase me. Honestly, I would have been more surprised if it was selling higher than 5k. I've never seen anyone talk about it outside of here, and even then there's only like five of us that read it and discuss it.

Top Bottom