• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Tizoc

This will be up later today on IST for half off I imagine (25 bucks). Anyone recommend it?

STK658557.jpg

Oh fuck...I'm gonna have to get this won't I?
They made an animated adaptation of it which was good, but he book is great and I mean come on...It's Darwyn Cooke how can you say no to that?

Amazing, sadly the book just didn't catch my interest, but I'll give it props for the art.

He also wrote some real bad stuff too. His run on Action Comics is steaming hot garbage. I'd argue his Batman and Robin is good but Batman Inc is bad but that's personal taste.

I liked all those actually, especially his Action Comics run. Regardless the amount of good comics he wrote outweigh the bad so...

Isak_Borg

Darwyn Cooke's characters just have the greatest smiles. It's like encapsulating joy. Everyone is just having so much damn fun.

Darwyn Cooke is a national treasure!

He's up there with Mike Allred & Rob Liefeld as one of the best artist to emerge over the past twenty years.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Noooo. New Frontier Deluxe Edition is today? Do I buy comics when I definitely don't need anymore comics right now and also don't want to spend any more money for a while, or do I pay more for it by buying it later and passing up the weekly deal 50%...

Is all of Morrisions Batman Run avaiable in Deluxe Editions?

Yep. The Black Glove Deluxe Edition (which contains the Batman & Son arc and the Black Glove arc) is OOP and can be a little pricey though. But yeah, everything except for that Time and the Batman 3-issue TPB is collected in deluxe editions.

...Or wait, did New 52 Batman Inc ever get a deluxe edition? I wasn't paying attention since I knew I was going to get the Absolute.

Thanks guys, yeah I'm getting it. The cover alone is infectious but a whole book with that will be awesome.

It includes the 6 issue mini and for the first time ever, a special one-shot.

I don't know whether your serious or need to be slapped back to your senses, no offense.

You don't think Mike Allred is great? Get out

edit: Messi my nigga I hate it had to be him :(

Notice how Kipp got a job as soon as Messi lost his. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I have that Justice League 40 cover as my phones wallpaper and I keep looking at it. I know we saw the Anti-Monitor at the end of FE. Anyone want to give me a crash course on the character?

Isak_Borg

Notice how Kipp got a job as soon as Messi lost his. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Not only is Mike Allred one of the best artist of our times he also gets his work out in time and doesn't need a fill in artist to take over so he can catch up.

For as much shit people talk about Rob Liefeld(not a fan) but that dude has a fan base and another dude that puts out books in a timely manner. He also happens to be one of the most respected dudes in the industry because of his work ethic and dedication. he's basically the Michael Bay of comics and you might not like his style it does have it's place and time.

I think it's easy to pile on Rob Liefeld because he's an easy target but there are tons of folks like John Romita JR. who produces lazy art on a regular basis and can't even keep a schedule.

Tizoc

Come on brah you know me, no way in hell would I diss the great Mike Allred, he ranks up there among my top 10 fav. artists
solo7+allred+hourman.jpg

blz28.jpg

blz18-1345776252.jpg

blz45---46.jpg

I can't wait til March when I can order Solo X3

I have that Justice League 40 cover as my phones wallpaper and I keep looking at it. I know we saw the Anti-Monitor at the end of FE. Anyone want to give me a crash course on the character?

First showed up during Crisis on Infinite Earths. Basic premise is that he is the "Monitor" of the Anti Matter universe. Monitors were essentially entities that would observe a particular universe. There were supposed to be one for each universe but they either died out or suicided or something (can't remember exactly which) until there was just one left. The Anti Monitor began destroying universes, an Anti matter wall just annihilating them all, one by one. It was an unrelenting, inexorable advance that took the heroic actions and deaths of many heroes including Flash and Supergirl to stop. The end result was in the aftermath there was just one universe (which served as a reboot).

First showed up during Crisis on Infinite Earths. Basic premise is that he is the "Monitor" of the Anti Matter universe. Monitors were essentially entities that would observe a particular universe. There were supposed to be one for each universe but they either died out or suicided or something (can't remember exactly which) until there was just one left. The Anti Monitor began destroying universes, an Anti matter wall just annihilating them all, one by one. It was an unrelenting, inexorable advance that took the heroic actions and deaths of many heroes including Flash and Supergirl to stop. The end result was in the aftermath there was just one universe (which served as a reboot).

Thank you mah dude.

ElNarez

Banned
Holy crap X-Force #8 was fucking awesome. This new volume is really good, it shits all over the previous one. It has this funky militarized vibe to it and the shit the characters are going through in it are fucked up. If you're sleeping on it because the one after Remender wasn't good, check it out on MU or trade or something. Good stuff.

Edit: oh and Rock-He Kim's art is still amazing

OH MAN. OH MAN.

It gets SO MUCH MORE FUCKED UP. You're gonna love it.

Top Bottom