• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

At this point, yeah. But I blame editorial for thinking they're fucking writers all of a sudden. Kate and Mags getting married would have been the natural progression of a great story. To me, this is where Batwoman ended:

All the more reason to end the series right now. Until they find a writer with a solid idea that editorial won't steamroll.

About Spider-Man in the MCU, it sounds like there will be a new Spider-Man. That kind of disappoints me. I've enjoy Garfield as Spidey, I like that they brought in his wise cracking into the series. I hope they keep that going forward. Also keep him younger like Garfield was/is in this take. I'd be ok with organic webbing comic back though, and finding another way to show that Parker is a genius.

Raife

Might be getting laid off tomorrow after 9 years in my current job. Keep me in your thoughts m8's. I might be losing baller/comic status very soon.

fuck

giphy.gif

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out and it's just you worrying. I bet they know how awesome you are.

arkon

Holy crap X-Force #8 was fucking awesome. This new volume is really good, it shits all over the previous one. It has this funky militarized vibe to it and the shit the characters are going through in it are fucked up. If you're sleeping on it because the one after Remender wasn't good, check it out on MU or trade or something. Good stuff.

Edit: oh and Rock-He Kim's art is still amazing

If you like that you really should check out his X-men Legacy run. It's what first turned me onto Spurrier's work. Thank god for me buying Skottie Young baby variants of various Marvel #1s. Otherwise I might never have read it

kd-z

Yet another cinematic Spidey reboot? Damn. Spidey part of the MCU? Daaamn!

I'm not really excited though. I want the movies to be good and if Sony keeps making them then that's not very reassuring, even if Marvel has something to say in terms of development.

Cade

Spider-Man in the MCU!

Makes me want to sing a Drake song.

*looks around nervously*

just hold on we're going home

what did you think I was gonna say

Tizoc

What if Morrison's Wonder Woman isn't good?

:(

Well he wrote a great Captain Marvel story, he wrote a great Superman story, he wrote a great Batman Saga, so we can give him the benefit of the doubt with Wondy.
Then again I'm a Morrison fanboy, but honestly I'll wait to read it then I'll give it judgement =X

Well he wrote a great Captain Marvel story, he wrote a great Superman story, he wrote a great Batman Saga, so we can give him the benefit of the doubt with Wondy.
Then again I'm a Morrison fanboy, but honestly I'll wait to read it then I'll give it judgement =X

He also wrote some real bad stuff too. His run on Action Comics is steaming hot garbage. I'd argue his Batman and Robin is good but Batman Inc is bad but that's personal taste.

tim1138

Skimmed over that Spidey thread and god damn, I will never understand the obsession people have with Toby Maguire as Spider-Man. He was so awful in those movies.

Are you sure? I've heard some people saying his recent indie title makes basically zero sense at all.

It's the dumbest idea ever.
Only if you're a complete dumbass

Like if you don't know how words and pictures work together and you were raised on a steady stream of bad Nu52 comics

And why would he bring that style to a mainstream wonder woman book anyway lol

Cade

Are you sure? I've heard some people saying his recent indie title makes basically zero sense at all.

It's the dumbest idea ever.

It's pretty in line with Bruce though. If he feels like he's not gonna have control, he goes overboard and controls everything. Batmen everywhere makes total sense.

---

I can't deal with Garfield hate. He's the only good part of those movies.

Messi I see you but don't post emma stone gifs

Soo.. Convergence mini series #0 - #8 is the main story right? All the other books are tie-ins?

Yes.

It's pretty in line with Bruce though. If he feels like he's not gonna have control, he goes overboard and controls everything. Batmen everywhere makes total sense.

Control Batman makes sense, yes, as a Batman too far. But my problem with Inc was that it was both too far and yet not far enough. I mean why would he stop with some Batmen of [Location] nonsense and not go full on Bat Armies or Bat Robots or Brother Eyes? Why would he remove the mystique of Batman by having "Bruce" publicly endorse him? Why wouldn't he unmask himself and call out everyone and say he's coming for them so no other little boy has to experience what he did.

Thankfully most of Inc's lingering effects have more or less been brushed aside or ignored.

Oh I wasn't referencing you there, just that general sentiment.

I figured. I just like seeing my own replies. That green box is soogood.gif

Cade

Yes.

Control Batman makes sense, yes, as a Batman too far. But my problem with Inc was that it was both too far and yet not far enough. I mean why would he stop with some Batmen of [Location] nonsense and not go full on Bat Armies or Bat Robots or Brother Eyes? Why would he remove the mystique of Batman by having "Bruce" publicly endorse him? Why wouldn't he unmask himself and call out everyone and say he's coming for them so no other little boy has to experience what he did.

Thankfully most of Inc's lingering effects have more or less been brushed aside or ignored.
I think at this point he realized that he couldn't trust machines any more; he doesn't trust people either, but with OMAC and Brother Eye going FUBAR last time, he gave up on that.
They also don't ring out with a message of hope which at this point, he was trying to cultivate; he publicly backed Batman as Bruce Wayne to try to make Batman more than something for criminals to fear, but an idea.

Him unmasking himself just puts everyone in danger and shows that Batman ISN'T an idea, but a person, one person, just a rich guy whose superpower is money.

It's basically Batman with Superman's ideals of hope, not fear, and in part it stems from his ordeals in Final Crisis, coming back, being a real father to Damian, etc.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Uh oh, did y'all get Grandharrier talking about Batman, Inc. again?

Top Bottom