• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

tim1138

I'm going to the LCS this weekend to sell a comic. I decided that if I forgot I owned that first appearance of Apocalypse issue, might as well get some cash out of it.

I'm going to the LCS this weekend to sell a comic. I decided that if I forgot I owned that first appearance of Apocalypse issue, might as well get some cash out of it.

sit on until next year, when the X-Men Apocalypse movie comes out

right now, the last thing people know that A-belt wearing, blue-lipped ass nigga in was AXIS...you won't get SHIT for that comic right now

tim1138

right now, the last thing people know that A-belt wearing, blue-lipped ass nigga in was AXIS...you won't get SHIT for that comic right now

I thought about that, but it won't hurt to see what they offer me.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Holy fuckballs, almost spit seltzer all over my work shit. God damn, dude.

I thought about that, but it won't hurt to see what they offer me.
Good to get a quote (ebay's also a solid place to see "market" value/guage interest) but yeah, JC's right. Wait for certain characters/properties to get hot before you sell certain things. Also, can you get a price-check on the Manapul/Bouchebag Flash run. Pretty sure it won the Man Booker award somehow and is considered a national treasure..

Man all the Marvel Studios' Blu Rays are crazy expensive. Damn it Disney! I'm not shelling out $30 for Thor.
Yo, I thought Thor was excellent. and seriously enjoyed the shit out of it at the theater.

NexusCell

Just gonna pop in here to say fuck everyone who doesn't buy Guardians 3000...

Not really, but I really wish it was selling better.

Holy fuckballs, almost spit seltzer all over my work shit. God damn, dude.

Good to get a quote (ebay's also a solid place to see "market" value/guage interest) but yeah, JC's right. Wait for certain characters/properties to get hot before you sell certain things. Also, can you get a price-check on the Manapul/Bouchebag Flash run. Pretty sure it won the Man Booker award somehow and is considered a national treasure..

Yo, I thought Thor was excellent. and seriously enjoyed the shit out of it at the theater.

I have sold my New Teen Titans #2 for $70 when DS was popular in Arrow.

Anything Harley is a gold mine right now as I sold the Adam Hughes #1 variant for $75.

I sold the ASM #1 GameStop Variant for $60.

I think it's smart to sell comics when they are popular for sure.

Boogiepop

Well, I certainly just lucked out. I placed an order a bit ago for the TMNT 2014 annual, going with a random eBay seller since it's a pain to find. In addition to being the cheapest option, it also just arrived like 3 days after shipping confirmation. And it was packed with care! This is something between a plus sized floppy and a trade (it fortunately has a spine and conforms to trade standards so I can slot it in with the rest of my stuff), and the guy put it in one of those bubbly envelopes (with a nice bold "Do Not Bend" on it), inside which it was sandwiched between two well taped together pieces of thick cardboard, inside which it was bagged and boarded.

I mean, this is some IST type stuff from some random eBay seller for a cheap little book. I'm really, really impressed and this guy is definitely getting some positive feedback!

tim1138

The important thing to remember is I bought that comic for $4 twenty-five years ago and then promptly forgot I even owned it. I don't think I ever even read it, let alone opened the polybag. Anything I get at this point is a net gain. I'm sure I would get more closer to the next movie, but there's also a great chance that by the time it comes out I will have again completely forgotten I own the damn thing. Hah.
But yeah, it doesn't hurt to see what they say, and considering I can think of 4 other shops within 25 minutes of my house I can also shop it around a bit.

Man all the Marvel Studios' Blu Rays are crazy expensive. Damn it Disney! I'm not shelling out $30 for Thor.

Wait for sales. I got it from Best Buy for like, $10.

Also:
Image-81.jpg

Top Bottom