• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Zombine

Banned
Say his name three times and he appears.
FfnDE.gif

It worked!

fauxtrot

Banned
Just got an email saying Mike Mignola is only going to be at 4 cons this year (TFAW, Aw Yeah Comics, Emerald City and SDCC)... fuck, I missed my chance to drop big bucks on an original interior page last year at Big Wow in San Jose.

MG310

Damn, the variant Harley Valentine's Day cover sold out at Midtown. Ended up with 2 blanks.

I'm hoping Dustin Nguyen has a print of that Harley/Lil Justice League cover at cons this year.

Drayco21

Disappointed in Spider-Verse, now to just wait for the epilogue to see
Kaine totally get up and be fine. Because he's fine.

Thor was really bad this week too; hopefully the rest of the week's stuff starts getting better here soon.

Zombine

Banned
So my girlfriend made a request that I skip the shop today to save money for this weekend, so I won't be going to my LCS this week either.

We also had a real talk about how she said she likes digital better, and that we really don't have anywhere to put the floppies. She said that she's not telling me I cant go, but she thinks it would be better just to stick to physical variants that I want and hardcovers.

Cheska

Man, I'm getting bummed about Captain Marvel. I don't feel like this series has been nearly as good as the initial one from KSD. The art is fabulous, and the writing isn't bad by any means, but I just don't find myself caring about Carol's space adventures.

Man, I'm getting bummed about Captain Marvel. I don't feel like this series has been nearly as good as the initial one from KSD. The art is fabulous, and the writing isn't bad by any means, but I just don't find myself caring about Carol's space adventures.

Quesada was right, Marvel cosmic is balls!

Messi

So my girlfriend made a request that I skip the shop today to save money for this weekend, so I won't be going to my LCS this week either.

We also had a real talk about how she said she likes digital better, and that we really don't have anywhere to put the floppies. She said that she's not telling me I cant go, but she thinks it would be better just to stick to physical variants that I want and hardcovers.

Oh she told you that you can't, you just haven't realized it yet.

:D

Boogiepop

This ISIS in comics thing just got me thinking: there's a LOT of WW2 propaganda style comic stories out there, but did we get much of that for any later wars/conflicts? There's obviously a ton of "evil Russian" style stuff that happened at least, and obviously generic terrorists have been an easy "we need a villain" fill-in for a while now, but I'm not sure about much outside of that...

Boogiepop

Disney Movie Club should be your best friend when I comes to buying Disney movies. 9 blurays for $90.

Oh my god, this thing has the Ghibli movies. I only own like 3 of those thanks to the Disney pricing and lack of decent discounts. I... I may have to look into this.

Drayco21

"Your father, Thanos, is pulsating within you"
"That's not nice."

People are being paid to write this and expect people to take it seriously.

barrin87

Oh my god, this thing has the Ghibli movies. I only own like 3 of those thanks to the Disney pricing and lack of decent discounts. I... I may have to look into this.

I'd highly recommend it! I've done the deal once so far to get the Studio Ghibli movies they had out at the time. Still waiting to do it a second time to grab the rest.

I have a link saved to a site that has a breakdown of it. I'll post it when I get home in a couple of hours.

I picked up the first volume of the initial run on Comixology and it didn't click with me at all. The art was nice and Peter hitting on her was funny though.

This ISIS in comics thing just got me thinking: there's a LOT of WW2 propaganda style comic stories out there, but did we get much of that for any later wars/conflicts? There's obviously a ton of "evil Russian" style stuff that happened at least, and obviously generic terrorists have been an easy "we need a villain" fill-in for a while now, but I'm not sure about much outside of that...

aXDDJp6.jpg

Oh, here and there.

"That's not nice."

....I'd ask where that was from so I could avoid it. But I may have already bought Guardians. :(

BEEEEEEEEENNNNNNDIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PsychBat!

Banned
"That's not nice."

So glad I didn't buy it when I saw it in the store today.
Guardians 3000 keeps being the only amazing Marvel Cosmic book.
F*cking hell, Ghost Rider. O_O
Dude, I was shocked throughout the whole thing.
I'm flabbergasted.

Darth Vader #1 is worth every penny, people.

fauxtrot

Banned

You guys doing something special for V-Day? I thought you were baller enough to not have to think about whether you can afford it when you make your comics-related purchases! My image of you has been shattered.

Sou Da

Even in the early issues Eli was shady as a disembodied voice can get, but this issue. MAN.
Dude used one of the more touching moments in the run to setup the most horrifying moment yet.

So what team is Robbie going to end up on? My bet's on a revamped Defenders near the premiere of the Dr.Strange movie.

I haven't read Ghost Rider since like #3, but does what i think happened based on the vague spoilers here, happen? Basically, someone spoil me pls

HOLY SHIT WALKING DEAD :O

Lydia was totally gonna tongue-fuck Carl's eyehole.

Sophia got some competition, because Lydia is going in hard like dat

Top Bottom