• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Owzers

Seriously. Make all your books $4.99 so i can save money by dropping them all and getting one step closer from dropping this blasted expensive hobby

I need the shove really, and i hate this trend of "let's just fuck with people a few issues at a time until they are used to it". If i dropped all Marvel books due to 4.99, DCBS orders wouldn't make sense since i wouldn't be ordering enough books. I'd be forced to do a monthly IST order with some trades from Image/indies/DC, and wait for all Marvel books to hit Marvel Unlimited. Maybe go digital only on one or two DC books. In other words:

Why do we always come here
I guess we'll never know
It's like a kind of torture
To have to watch the show

Nudull

Banned
Dustin Nguyen, keep winning.

22-600x918.jpg

Batman Eternal Spoilers:

THATS THE BIG PAYOFF. YOU ARE KIDDING ME. AN ENTIRE YEAR AND THE BAD GUY IS AL GHUL.

There better be a swerve. I've put up with your unevenly paced story. I've kept up with plot threads you dropped for half a year only to focus on the last two weeks. Stupid ghosts getting punched by Batwing.

I've even kind of enjoyed the ride for what it is...

but if this is the payoff I am going to be mad.

Everyone assumed this was the bad guy from week 1. The fact that Batman didn't manage to figure out who the damned badguy was is even worse. Someone is pulling all of the strings in Gotham to set batman up for the fall.

Of course is Ra's. Of course it is. And the world's greatest detective can't figure it out?

The fact that it briefly looked like it was Falcone, and then Hush made it slightly interesting. Then we thought it was Bard, which was mostly stupid, but a thing.

This is possibly the worst payoff to a weekly since.. Trinity?

The big bad will be Lincoln March, this is just another red herring. It's been foreshadowed too much for it not to happen.

I need the shove really, and i hate this trend of "let's just fuck with people a few issues at a time until they are used to it". If i dropped all Marvel books due to 4.99, DCBS orders wouldn't make sense since i wouldn't be ordering enough books. I'd be forced to do a monthly IST order with some trades from Image/indies/DC, and wait for all Marvel books to hit Marvel Unlimited. Maybe go digital only on one or two DC books. In other words:

This would be the best way for me to buy comics, too

fuck it, LET'S GO $4.99!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The big bad will be Lincoln March, this is just another red herring. It's been foreshadowed too much for it not to happen.

I've been hoping that this is the case for some time... but I don't know how that sets of for Batman approaching the court of owls in Endgame

Sadist

Spider-verse ending was a bit tame. I've seen better.

But the Walking Dead #137, hoo boy, now that was some exciting stuff. Right Carl? :3

I've been hoping that this is the case for some time... but I don't know how that sets of for Batman approaching the court of owls in Endgame

It's been a while since I've read Court of Owls but didn't Lincoln break away from the court when he killed a group of them? He's a free agent with a grudge against Bruce.

Messi

It takes me so long to read issues of Gotham Academy because I spend so much time admiring Karl Kershel's art. It is simply stunning. The book is a visual treat and it also has a nice story. The characters are interesting especially Maps who is totally adorbz. Sad that more people aren't giving this a shot. This is a different kind of book for DC that deserves to be read.

It takes me so long to read issues of Gotham Academy because I spend so much time admiring Karl Kershel's art. It is simply stunning. The book is a visual treat and it also has a nice story. The characters are interesting especially Maps who is totally adorbz. Sad that more people aren't giving this a shot. This is a different kind of book for DC that deserves to be read.

It's only $2.99. Books need to be $3.99 for me to even begin to take them serious and $4.99 for me to be enthusiastic about them.

I think I might start picking that up. Been looking to broaden my comics horizons, which is pretty much limited to "trades I find at Half-Price books" at this point :p

Zombine

Banned
I have no motivation to head to my comic shop to buy my books. I just want to download them. I haven't been to my shop in 4 weeks.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I have no motivation to head to my comic shop to buy my books. I just want to download them. I haven't been to my shop in 4 weeks.

Damn, store must be overflowing with statues.

Sometimes I don't go for a week or two and just get a big ole 25 book pull--not fun on the wallet, though.

Top Bottom