• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

RIP EINarez, comicgaf starting to fall apart ;_;

Poodlestrike to the rescue. Complete with a poodle

300px-Hound_Master.png
Aw yiss

Owzers

Civil War SW #1: Started a new SW mini on MU, mostly disappointed in this book and it's about what i expected, awkward event fan fiction similar to the What If? issues. They should have made Cap's side full of ponies.

Civil War SW #1: Started a new SW mini on MU, mostly disappointed in this book and it's about what i expected, awkward event fan fiction similar to the What If? issues. They should have made Cap's side full of ponies.

I would encourage you to stick with it, it gets really good as it goes on.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
The newest issue of Bloodshot: Reborn was odd, to say the least. I trust Jeff Lemire, but I don't like the
30-year jump and the world turning into Mad Max. And then there are crossovers with characters I don't know
. Hopefully it becomes more interesting.

I'd be cool with Tomasi taking over Superman. I'm not holding my breath on Rich Johnston though.

I've been a big fan of Tomasi's B&R, GLC and Dark Age. He's one of those writer's that writes safe, fun stories.

I haven't had a chance to read Yang's run though.

The IDW TMNT series is really rad. I've been a fan of the Turtles since I was a kid, with the 80s tv series, the live-action films and tv series, the 00s tv series, and some of the newer Nick series. But I think that this IDW series really takes the best parts of them and makes something greater than the sum of its parts. I love seeing how different characters and plots are interpreted in a more mature way than those pieces of media did before it.

I really would have loved to read the original Mirage series, but sadly it doesn't seem like they're going to put it on sale any time soon. :/

shingi70

Banned
So
Man of Steel
The Superman
New Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corp

Looks like Cruz is getting the push that Baz probably should have gotten or at least needed.

MartyStu

Tomasi taking over Superman?

That is actually a pretty good fit. Glad that the book is not being given to some newcomer.

Tom King potentially on Batman? Holy fuck.

Caught up through Lazarus #21

Sigh. I was so happy. Forever achieved the mission objective. And probably only half-dead. GOAT Casey is still alive. Malcolm is coming back. Joanna is takin' ova and the allies should be back on board. All is right with the world.

And then the clone appears. Sigh. It was a mind fuck, to be sure. And I guess it makes sense. But it's sad. I don't like there being another Forever. It's weird. And, worst of all, it means that Marisol has been lying to (adult) Forever. Like, about why they cross paths in Sequioa, and hiding the existence of the clone from her.

But now we know what Jo was going to auction off. Why would Malcom let Jo in on the existence of clone, though? Unless perhaps there have been a series of them already. And adult Forrver isn't the first.

ElNarez

Banned
Looks like Cruz is getting the push that Baz probably should have gotten or at least needed.

hey remember that final montage in Geoff Johns' last Green Lantern?

the one where Baz becomes her mentor, teaches her to control the ring, and also does crazy impossible shit because no one's told him the ring couldn't do them?

maybe we're getting to that, at fucking last

shingi70

Banned
Tomasi taking over Superman?

That is actually a pretty good fit. Glad that the book is not being given to some newcomer.

He's writing every super book in April and May to lead into the Rebith Status Quo.

With Superman and Man of Steel being books, I hope Action becomes a Steel/Lana Lang book.

Edit: Damien Wayne led Teen Titans just like the animated universe.

So two Titans related books. Liking the sound of these leaks.

Yeah sounding like they're doubling down on the core franchises. I'm not expecting too many non cape stuff for rebirth. Seems like they're bringing minor characters back to team books as well.

Just need Shazam now and I'll be content.

If the JSA rumor ends up being true then it's funny that everyone in the New 52 forgot them and the Titans. I wonder how many more characters they forgot about.

The newest issue of Bloodshot: Reborn was odd, to say the least. I trust Jeff Lemire, but I don't like the
30-year jump and the world turning into Mad Max. And then there are crossovers with characters I don't know
. Hopefully it becomes more interesting.

If you haven't read X-O Manowar, Shadowman, Unity, and/or Ninjak then, yeah, mentions of Aric and Shadowman (Jack) will seem random and you'll wonder who the heck Ninjak is. I see this as very much an establishing issue more than anything.

He's writing every super book in April and May to lead into the Rebith Status Quo.

With Superman and Man of Steel being books, I hope Action becomes a Steel/Lana Lang book.

Edit: Damien Wayne led Teen Titans just like the animated universe.

So two Titans related books. Liking the sound of these leaks.

How much
like the animated universe, exactly?

Do we know the rest of the team?

shingi70

Banned
Trinty Biweekly book slated for Later in the year, and a big part of Rebirth is something introduced in Dawn of Justice.

Instead of reading comics, I decided to start an RPG.

Resonance of Fate.

So far my decision is working out well.
They better not cancel the new Blade book. I will straight-up boycott all Marvel books.
I stand with ye
Isn't it already confirmed as not canceled? King & Seeley said something to the effect of "we're moving to a different book for a bit but another team is stepping in until we get back."

Rich Johnston, Speaker of Lies.
Rich Johnston is Grima Wormtongue, and we are all Theoden of Rohan
Why do people want Nightwing again.
How about Dick just wears tighter clothes, but everything else stays the same.
Because Higgins' run on Nightwing left a lot to go off but then it was murdered in front of all of us before it could grow. Also because Higgins did not do a good job on that book and I miss Dick Nightwing. I MISS HIM.
Marvel announces Women of Power variant month

Jamie McKelvie & Matt Wilson's A-Force #3 variant

Kamome Shirahama's Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #6 variant:

Tula Lotay's Amazing Spider-Man #9 variant:

Kevin Wada's Black Widow #1 variant
I like those! Any more?

How much
like the animated universe, exactly?

Do we know the rest of the team?
I'll give up my energy for Jaime
Trinty Biweekly book slated for Later in the year, and a big part of Rebirth is something introduced in Dawn of Justice.

...Doomsday?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The IDW TMNT series is really rad. I've been a fan of the Turtles since I was a kid, with the 80s tv series, the live-action films and tv series, the 00s tv series, and some of the newer Nick series. But I think that this IDW series really takes the best parts of them and makes something greater than the sum of its parts. I love seeing how different characters and plots are interpreted in a more mature way than those pieces of media did before it.

It is definitely the best version of the Turtles I have seen.

A de-aged Ted Kord isn't really a spoiler is it?
Unless I'm imagining it he appeared at the end of Forever Evil when Lex offered to help him out because of stealth remorse for his dad's death?

Boogiepop

So, how did Prez end up? Looks like the first trade is out, and I'm looking to get to free shipping so I can order the Superior Foes omnibus.

So, how did Prez end up? Looks like the first trade is out, and I'm looking to get to free shipping so I can order the Superior Foes omnibus.

I'm only part way through, and I'm confident in saying that it is the best thing DC is putting out right now. Goddamn shame it isn't getting a bigger push and that Marvel's already snagged the artist for A-Force. You'd think in the America political anarchy that's running rampant right now, DC would be pushing that book out to more mainstream outlets.

Boogiepop

Went with Superior Foes, Prez, Batman by Brubaker, and a random Usagi Yojimbo trade I needed (Senso) for my IST order.

Edit: Oh cool, Usagi Yojimbo Saga 7 is already solicited! Was worried they may not be willing to get that close to the normal trade releases so soon, but they apparently are! I guess I'll have to decide if I want to switch over to normal trades after that and just keep up...

Top Bottom