• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Hope everyone checking out the Superior Foes HC enjoys it. I really loved the series while it was still ongoing.

Read some stuff:
Cry Havoc #1 - Interesting first issue. Spurrier writes dialogue really well by having all kinds of different quirks and whatnot. Sticking with it for a few issues at least.

Deadly Class #18 - Great as always, surprising no one. Need that OHC ASAP.

Black Canary #6 and #7 - Guerra did a great job on 4 and 5, but man did I miss Wu's art. Her fight scenes in these issues were AWESOME. Very creative stuff and just a fun read. There was like three pages in a row without dialogue in the latest issue and it was so good. Loughridge kills it on colors too! Looking forward to this new arc.

Messi

Hope everyone checking out the Superior Foes HC enjoys it. I really loved the series while it was still ongoing.

Read some stuff:
Cry Havoc #1 - Interesting first issue. Spurrier writes dialogue really well by having all kinds of different quirks and whatnot. Sticking with it for a few issues at least.

Black Canary #6 and #7 - Guerra did a great job on 4 and 5, but man did I miss Wu's art. Her fight scenes in these issues were AWESOME. Very creative stuff and just a fun read. There was like three pages in a row without dialogue in the latest issue and it was so good. Loughridge kills it on colors too! Looking forward to this new arc.

Remender said it is coming in the summer. He also liked my tweet asking if it was safe to assume Low would also get an OHC.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Read some stuff:

Yeah the dialogue was good here. I wish his dialogue in The Spire had been a little less quirky though.

The Pauly stuff cracked me up.

Messi

If you had to pitch Deadly Class in a sentence or two...how would you?
Go!

Rookie assassins aren't very good at their jobs, more concerned with petty high school squabbling and heavy drug use. Beautiful Art. Main character shits their pants in one glorious page.

Remender said it is coming in the summer. He also liked my tweet asking if it was safe to assume Low would also get an OHC.
Yeah I know. Just want it already lol
The Pauly stuff cracked me up.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. Really out of nowhere and funny stuff.
If you had to pitch Deadly Class in a sentence or two...how would you?
Go!

Probably better than most of the comics you're reading :p

Messi

mJHXd3y.jpg

I laughed so hard at the end of that page.

This is GAF's chance to jump on the DC train. No more ignorant hate!

Really starting to doubt Rich after the BvS plot point rumor.

Wish DC would just start releasing solicits throughout this week, possible misinformation isn't doing them any favors.

Hard to get excited without knowing what the creative teams are.

TheFlow

Banned
I don't see myself double dippin on any comics I read except for saga and maybe deadly class if the ohc is up to my liking.

I prefer to keep my series all in one format if if i can

I feel like I'll buy every Remender OHC years after I've collected all the trades. I can't double dip now nor do I want to stop reading the trades.

Messi

I don't see myself double dippin on any comics I read except for saga and maybe deadly class if the ohc is up to my liking.

I feel like I'll buy every Remender OHC years after I've collected all the trades. I can't double dip now nor do I want to stop reading the trades.

I can't help myself buying trades and then OHCs but when I get an OHC I pick out someone from my friends/co workers who I think would enjoy a series and I give them the trades. Spread the love. Maybe get more people to talk comics with. Its worked with a few people and I don't feel like I have wasted my money.

I gave my first two volumes of Lumberjanes to a co worker this week for his 11 year old daughter. He said she was getting into reading comic books and he was looking for stuff that was suitable for her age group. I think I nailed it.

TheFlow

Banned
I can't help myself buying trades and then OHCs but when I get an OHC I pick out someone from my friends/co workers who I think would enjoy a series and I give them the trades. Spread the love. Maybe get more people to talk comics with. Its worked with a few people and I don't feel like I have wasted my money.

I gave my first two volumes of Lumberjanes to a co worker this week for his 11 year old daughter. He said she was getting into reading comic books and he was looking for stuff that was suitable for her age group. I think I nailed it.
This sounds like a good way to do it

shingi70

Banned
Rich says Black Canary is cancelled yet Fletcher has plans till 2017. I guess Black Canary could become Birds of Prey which would be weird with Batgirl setting that book up.

I might double dip if they do something really special with Deadly Class. Like the OHC can be made out of the material Dark Horse uses for their Library Editions to give it that firm soft school book feel and the back of the book could have some yearbook style extras that show every student with red X's that mark who's currently dead. I would double dip for sure.

TheFlow

Banned
I might double dip if they do something really special with Deadly Class. Like the OHC can be made out of the material Dark Horse uses for their Library Editions to give it that firm soft school book feel and the back of the book could have some yearbook style extras that show every student with red X's that mark who's currently dead. I would double dip for sure.
That would be amazing

Damn, Prez, Uncanny X-Men HC and Superior Foes all in one week!!

Plus Harley and Ivy HC next week.

Maybe they'll stop beatting around the bush and explain in detail what awful thing Cyclops did off panel. That some how made him a more hated mutant then Magneto, sinister and Apocalypse.

Hahaha who am I kidding. It's marvel. The Scott Summers character assassination will continue on for at least another year.

Now BC are saying record numbers of creators are bailing on DC to Marvel or Image and that Didio pitched something akin to the Marvel Pleasant Hill event/story...considering the creative teams staying at DC it sounds like Johnsons source is salt.

I just don't buy a comic till it is out in a format I like. (OHC/Omnibus/Absolute etc)

I am killing comics one collected edition at a time.

Messi

Kate Leth with the solicit for the end of Hellcat's arc/book:

CaPRxrYUYAEJ1rX.png

she said on twitter

"Hellcat #5 has been solicited! THE END OF THE ARC, but not the series!!!"

mreddie

Rich still stirring the pot I see. If DC players jumped to Marvel/Image/Indies, it wouldn't shock me though. I think Waid was pissed off with Didlo's shit and stayed with Marvel and the indies and we maybe seeing similar people to that.

As for Hellcat, has the sales to #1 been shown?

Messi

Rich still stirring the pot I see. If DC players jumped to Marvel/Image/Indies, it wouldn't shock me though. I think Waid was pissed off with Didlo's shit and stayed with Marvel and the indies and we maybe seeing similar people to that.

#1 Sold 46k

Sandfox

Marvel has already picked up a few people from DC so I just assume they either pay more or are offering people better positions(which leads to more money).

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Fuck, I'm so stupid. I put my IST order through without even really looking, and I missed free shipping by TWO CENTS!!!

I should have bought something else.

Finished the first two Hellboy Library Editions. Oh man. This stuff is beautiful. I realize this is early Mignola, but it's a perfect blend of dark mythology, symbolism, action, horror, and humor.

On to volume three!

Top Bottom