• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Finished the first two Hellboy Library Editions. Oh man. This stuff is beautiful. I realize this is early Mignola, but it's a perfect blend of dark mythology, symbolism, action, horror, and humor.

On to volume three!

Nice! Glad you're enjoying it. It was my favorite thing I read last year. It's kind of amazing to see the story and universe evolve throughout the Library Editions. Conqueror Worm especially marks a bit of an evolution for the series and universe into something bigger with BPRD beginning after that. That is very much worth reading if you want more from the universe. In many ways, it becomes the main series.

Scud: The Disposable Assassin #4 - #9: This continues to be amazing.
Voodoo Ben Franklin was cool
So was the La Cosa Nostroid with the combiner robots.
. But the greatest character introduced has to be Drywall!

afI6Tb2.jpg

Nice! Glad you're enjoying it. It was my favorite thing I read last year. It's kind of amazing to see the story and universe evolve throughout the Library Editions. Conqueror Worm especially marks a bit of an evolution for the series and universe into something bigger with BPRD beginning after that. That is very much worth reading if you want more from the universe. In many ways, it becomes the main series.

Yeah, it's awesome so far. Conqueror Worm is next! I'm following this reading order:
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/annotations/mignolaversity-reading-order-2015/

My buddy has the full set of library editions and omnibus, or at least very close to it. I have six Hellboy library editions and five BRPD omnis sitting in my office right now. It's one of those things were I always wanted to get into the series from the very beginning, but it was such a huge cost barrier. Problem solved.

I fully expect to start buying the new releases once I get caught up, but it's a long journey ahead.

Yeah, it's awesome so far. Conqueror Worm is next! I'm following this reading order:
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/annotations/mignolaversity-reading-order-2015/

My buddy has the full set of library editions and omnibus, or at least very close to it. I have six Hellboy library editions and five BRPD omnis sitting in my office right now. It's one of those things were I always wanted to get into the series from the very beginning, but it was such a huge cost barrier. Problem solved.

I fully expect to start buying the new releases once I get caught up, but it's a long journey ahead.
Yeah that's a good guide. You don't necessarily need to follow it exactly in order. I read all of BPRD Plague of Frogs and I still have yet to read BPRD 1946-1948 for example. I'd personally recommend doing Hellboy LE 5 and 6 back to back since they form a bit of a trilogy, and at least in my case, I had to keep going.

I'm almost ready to start BPRD Hell on Earth. Not looking forward to buying a shit ton of trades :(
From Lieber's twitter.
I'm really glad this is the cover under the dust jacket. It was such a nice little send-off for the book.

Speaking of Spencer and Lieber, their new Image book starts in April. Really looking forward to it if it's as funny as Superior Foes.

Owzers

I would try the Way Doom Patrol book even after reading JoyKillers. Kill Joys. I actually did forget the name for a second there.

Civil War #2 SW : I don't get why
Peter's family wasn't able to move to the blue, the beginning into says people were able to move to whichever area suited them best in the beginning and then later the border solidified. They couldn't get MJ over?
. Definitely a "buildings towards a plot" issue.

shingi70

Banned
I would try the Way Doom Patrol book even after reading JoyKillers. Kill Joys. I actually did forget the name for a second there.

Civil War #2 SW : I don't get why
Peter's family wasn't able to move to the blue, the beginning into says people were able to move to whichever area suited them best in the beginning and then later the border solidified. They couldn't get MJ over?
. Definitely a "buildings towards a plot" issue.

In that Case it was Stark being a dick.

A de-aged Ted Kord isn't really a spoiler is it?
Unless I'm imagining it he appeared at the end of Forever Evil when Lex offered to help him out because of stealth remorse for his dad's death?
Fuck....yup...
Rich saying that Way/Cloonan Doom Patrol is being revived.

He's a goddamned liar. The man reads NeoGAF. This was already proven in the one goddamned thread about Civil War 2. I wouldn't be surprised if he was like "Well I see that NeoGAF wanted this. And I want to be friends with NeoGAF but they won't let me. So I'll burn all their hopes and dreams."

Fuck you Rich.

ElNarez

Banned
Hope it's better than Killjoys. Way did not bring his Umbrella Academy game on that book.

A lot of this seemed to be more of a Shaun Simon book. Which makes sense considering Art Ops does the exact same thing of wasting an awesome premise with cookie cutter stories.

e: Also, Cloonan on an ongoing sounds way too good a proposition for it to be based in any sort of fact.

Sandfox

Fuck....yup...

He's a goddamned liar. The man reads NeoGAF. This was already proven in the one goddamned thread about Civil War 2. I wouldn't be surprised if he was like "Well I see that NeoGAF wanted this. And I want to be friends with NeoGAF but they won't let me. So I'll burn all their hopes and dreams."

Fuck you Rich.

I'm not one to defend Rich, but people around the internet sent him that GAF rumor.

Messi

A lot of this seemed to be more of a Shaun Simon book. Which makes sense considering Art Ops does the exact same thing of wasting an awesome premise with cookie cutter stories.

e: Also, Cloonan on an ongoing sounds way too good a proposition for it to be based in any sort of fact.

But Cloonan already works on 2 ongoing books and is already announced as the writer for punisher.

So I'm back to reading Morrison's New X-Men, and I've reached Bachalo's run on the art...man I'm not feeling this. I like Bachalo's art normally, but I'm not feeling it now. Probably because I'm so used to Quietly and VanSciver and whomever the hell was imitating Quietly and VanSciver.It's jot working for me right now though

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just finished my re-read of Shutter. I'm ready for the new issue. Bring on short haired Kate and more Huckleberry!

tumblr_nwbt8qXUvD1r2l9q3o1_500.jpg

Well Batman is being cancelled then getting a Rebirth issue and starting at #1.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02...ery-new-1-theyll-get-a-rebirth-issue-in-june/

I mean so yes Starfire is getting cancelled, but then so ks everything. Only thing that's iffy are the books and minis in the middle of their runs.

First thoughts..... REALLY fucking annoying....
Just gives me that bad taste that Marvel left in my mouth,,, big reason why I dropped so many marvel books,,, every fuckin other month they "reluanched restarted revamped retarded" the fuckin book(s) that I am trying to get in to.

I guess this is obviously a little different,,, but MEHHHHH
Whos is doing art? Where is Snyder going? Am I really going to end up dropping Batman because the want./need to put out as many issues as possible a month.... urgh

Also disclaimer,, I don't know much about this "rebirth". first I heard about Batman book was now

Messi

First thoughts..... REALLY fucking annoying....
Just gives me that bad taste that Marvel left in my mouth,,, big reason why I dropped so many marvel books,,, every fuckin other month they "reluanched restarted revamped retarded" the fuckin book(s) that I am trying to get in to.

I guess this is obviously a little different,,, but MEHHHHH
Whos is doing art? Where is Snyder going? Am I really going to end up dropping Batman because the want./need to put out as many issues as possible a month.... urgh

Also disclaimer,, I don't know much about this "rebirth". first I heard about Batman book was now

Snyder is going to write Detective Comics

Can't wait for Batman to have a long lead-in to yet another Joker dies story. Or maybe they'll do Red Hood again.

Meanwhile, I'm pissed that FOX and DC took Lucifer, not just one of the greatest comics but one of the greatest WORKS OF ART EVER MADE BY HUMANKIND, and turned it into that schlock shit TV bucket of horse piss. Sigh.

Messi

Wow reaaaalllyyyy.... hmmm
Whos doing art on 'tec?

Is Capullo still on Batman?..... so many questions

I believe Capullo is going to rejoin Snyder on a book after his 6 month stint with Millar. There are rumours Tom King is taking over batman but those are only rumours.

Hellers

I hate DC. They get me all excited about change and then stiff me on the followup. Every damn time.

Hypertime, infinite crisis, now the multiverse back. They tease us and then nothing. I *love* change in comics. I love these big shakeups. I'm wary of but get excited every time a company like DC plans a big reboot. I got wet for the five minutes we though Marvel might be doing a complete reboot.

But DC never manage to hit the high notes. I've been rereading JSA (For the umpteenth time) and I'm drooling at the thought of bringing the classic JSA while still young into the present. I'm not a nu-52 hater but it's not hugely satisfying to me so I'm hoping they are doing something very big but ultimately I suspect they've just decided to copy Marvel and shove a load of new #1s out and have a bit of a cull.

I'm excited and I know I shouldn't be and I think that's the part that sucks the most.

Top Bottom