• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

it's TWENTY GODDAMN SIXTEEN

he's been going at this for ALMOST A FULL GODDAMN CALENDAR YEAR

how goddamn pathetic do you have to be as a human being to hold on to this bullshit for this long

Until he stops getting attention and/or money for it, he's gonna keep doing it.

Don't give him the satisfaction!

I hope Marvel does upgrades the quality with their HC. Their Marvel Now HC felt like cheap cardboard. If the preview cover for Invincible Iron Man is any indication they might have full wrap around covers which would be cool.

Can someone post the rebirth list again?

June

Rebirth Specials:

AQUAMAN REBIRTH #1
BATMAN REBIRTH #1
THE FLASH REBIRTH #1
GREEN ARROW REBIRTH #1
GREEN LANTERNS REBIRTH #1
SUPERMAN REBIRTH #1
TITANS REBIRTH #1
WONDER WOMAN REBIRTH #1
New #1 Issues (Shipping twice monthly):

AQUAMAN #1
BATMAN #1
THE FLASH #1
GREEN ARROW #1
GREEN LANTERNS #1
SUPERMAN #1
WONDER WOMAN #1
New Issues (Shipping twice monthly):

ACTION COMICS #957
DETECTIVE COMICS #934
July

Rebirth Specials:

BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY REBIRTH #1
HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS REBIRTH #1
THE HELLBLAZER REBIRTH #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE REBIRTH #1
NIGHTWING REBIRTH #1
RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS REBIRTH #1

HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
NIGHTWING #1
New #1 Issues (Shipping monthly):

BATGIRL #1
BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY #1
THE HELLBLAZER #1
RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS #1
THE SUPER-MAN #1
TITANS #1
Fall

Rebirth Specials:

BATMAN BEYOND REBIRTH #1
BLUE BEETLE REBIRTH #1
CYBORG REBIRTH #1
DEATHSTROKE REBIRTH #1
EARTH 2 REBIRTH #1
SUICIDE SQUAD REBIRTH #1
SUPERGIRL REBIRTH #1
TEEN TITANS REBIRTH #1
TRINITY REBIRTH #1

CYBORG #1
DEATHSTROKE #1
HARLEY QUINN #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #1
SUICIDE SQUAD #1

BATMAN BEYOND #1
BLUE BEETLE #1
EARTH 2 #1
GOTHAM ACADEMY: NEXT SEMESTER #1
SUPERGIRL #1
SUPERWOMAN #1
SUPER SONS #1
TEEN TITANS #1
TRINITY #1

youarealreadybroke.jpg

Ok I made my list. I am tentatively interested in 22 series.

I just noticed Bombshells is gone :(

Bombshells is digital-first, so they might not be counting it there. Adventures of Supergirl isn't there either, or any of the CW tie in things, and I doubt they're doing in those.

shingi70

Banned
I'm going to try every Rebirth issue regardless of creative teams, it's one of the perks of $2.99. O didn't try out as much of ANAD Marvel becuase of the $3.99 price points.

JTripper

I recently ordered the Diggle trades for Daredevil, even though I heard they're shit. Now the only stories I need to complete Vol 2. of DD are the David Mack ones but they're only in hardcover right now and I'd like to get them in paperback.

Provisional Rebirth list; subject to change upon seeing creative teams. Also grabbing all the Rebirth Special oneshots, so that might effect things too, in terms of getting/not getting the ongoings.

BATMAN #1
SUPERMAN #1
WONDER WOMAN #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
NIGHTWING #1
HARLEY QUINN #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #1
SUICIDE SQUAD #1
New Issues (Shipping twice monthly):
ACTION COMICS #957
DETECTIVE COMICS #934
BATGIRL #1
BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY #1
RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS #1
THE SUPER-MAN #1
TITANS #1
BATMAN BEYOND #1
BLUE BEETLE #1
GOTHAM ACADEMY: NEXT SEMESTER #1
SUPERWOMAN #1
SUPER SONS #1
TEEN TITANS #1
TRINITY #1

That's 10 bimonthlies and 12 monthlies, for a total of 96 dollars a month.

Hopefully some of those bimonthlies turn out to suck.

My pull list is about $110 a week. That's without trades.

Good lord man, cut that back a little. You don't need to buy every single title. You'll be happier in the long run with more money in your pocket for statues
that DCBS will never send you

Avoid statues like the plague. They all have paint defects and are over priced.

Ehhh..... I wouldn't say they all have defects. That's a pretty huge generalization. I'd say there's usually some slight variation from one to the next, but usually nothing you're going to notice unless your name is Sillymonkey.

Too late. I've been collecting figures for well over two years now and have even dabbled in Sideshow figures. Talk about expensive!

Well, well. I haven't seen you in a while. Still have the figure bug? I see you on MFC occasionally but you don't seem to visit the amazingly awesome LINE chat.

Yeah, I posted that yesterday and Messi had a fucking fit. Something about Rich Johnston or something. *shrug*

Hmm, just a stupid question but what are for you Marvel's core titles ? I mean the sort of books that more or less drive the... line ? canon ?
I can totally see which is which on DC side but Marvel is like an avalanche happened and fuck if I can tell a minor title from a major one.

Avengers and Inhumans books for sure. Then your stuff like Iron-Man, Ms. Marvel, etc. etc.
Vision is better than any of those books

oh boy. Time to get angry.

Hey look we are giving Cho and bleeding cool oxygen all at once. Fantastic!

Told you. I know you guys have some serious hate-boners for Cho and Johnston, but continuing to bring up and harp on every single thing they do is already giving them more of the attention you claim you don't want them to have.

Ok I made my list. I am tentatively interested in 22 series.

I just noticed Bombshells is gone :(

I'm not terribly surprised about the lack of Bombshells. I mean, the story could only be dragged out so far. Probably better off as a maxi series than an ongoing.

Questioning a source is having a fit now?

Good to know

If it's that important to you, why don't you just go try to get Bleeding Cool banned as a news source on GAF?

Edit: And you asked for a source that wasn't bleeding cool. I gave you TWO, and you were still claiming they were sourced to Rich Johnston.

Messi

If it's that important to you, why don't you just go try to get Bleeding Cool banned as a news source on GAF?

Edit: And you asked for a source that wasn't bleeding cool. I gave you TWO, and you were still claiming they were sourced to Rich Johnston.

Because they were...

Let's all calm down. Please. Here, have a Stjepan Sejic doodle.

PS: Maybe I just realized now that Sejic is basically doing the Frank Cho thing of ladies and jokes and butts, but actually good, and I think we need to learn from that.

I love Sejic.

On the topic of Cho, I'm just saying the song and dance is getting old. People keep bringing up whatever it is that Cho drew this week and then getting angry about it. It's what Cho does. It's what Campbell does. It's like you guys are expecting to wake up one day and hoping this is finally the day that water isn't wet.

mreddie

Freeza vs. Messi

tumblr_m4jnhpZUQ81qziktio1_250.gif

Messi

Okay, I'm done. Now you're getting dramatic.

You are the one saying I am angry about it when I'm not. I just don't believe anything he says. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a better source when a story pops up considering he posted that the day after he had posted two fake solicits.

You are the one saying I am angry about it when I'm not. I just don't believe anything he says. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a better source when a story pops up considering he posted that the day after he had posted two fake solicits.

That's all you had to say. But shit, just because he's too quick to post shit up without confirming doesn't mean everything he posts now is 100% false.

Messi

That's all you had to say. But shit, just because he's too quick to post shit up without confirming doesn't mean everything he posts now is 100% false.

Do you think it's ok for him to post shit without trying to fact check it? That alone makes me question everything he posts. I don't get why you are so bothered that I asked for a better source.

Owzers

You could be spending this time reading comics, don't forget about your favorite comics.

I read Howard the Duck #4 today, i don't really have any feelings about the book anymore, it's okay. Random shrug out of shrug.

Top Bottom