• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

tim1138

I'm hopeful. I'm still sore that DiDio killed the marriage idea, because that book was on a roll.

I'd be all for putting her back with Montoya.

Oh, I'm simply believing this line :
"Stephenson says this puts publishers at risk of crowding out their own books in the marketplace, which can be seen in action with books like Marvel’s Starbrand & Nightmask, or DC’s Telos, currently selling well below 10,000 copies."

Less than 10k for a title spun out of your latest event seems bleak.

http://comicsalliance.com/image-eric-stephenson-comics-pro-speech/?trackback=tsmclip

On the flip side, was there really anyone asking for a Telos book?

I wonder what book Tynion is on. Maybe Detective?

That's be my guess

mreddie

The most useless Marvel books currently

Deadpool and the Mercs for Money
Drax
Guardians of Infinity
Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D
Red Wolf Vol. 2
Spidey
Star-Lord Vol. 2
Starbrand and Nightmask
Venom: Spaceknight

george_us

Well, well. I haven't seen you in a while. Still have the figure bug? I see you on MFC occasionally but you don't seem to visit the amazingly awesome LINE chat.
My figure collecting has slowed down substantially since I moved. Only thing I've bought in the past six months or so are Bishoujo Black Canary and Butt Miku. Other than that I try to stay away lest I be tempted haha.

I've been on a SF kick lately. Rewatched the SF2 animated movie, which I forgot how slow paced and oddly done that thing is. Then started reading more of my SF2 comics I got on sale at some point. They're not great comics but they're really enjoyable to read. Hah. Now onto the Street Fighter turbo series

Sandfox

The most useless Marvel books currently

Deadpool and the Mercs for Money
Drax
Guardians of Infinity
Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D
Red Wolf Vol. 2
Spidey
Star-Lord Vol. 2
Starbrand and Nightmask
Venom: Spaceknight
I wouldn't say Spidey is useless since we saw someone asking for comics to buy for young students who like Spider-Man a day or two ago.

I'd be all for putting her back with Montoya.

I'd be totally okay with that. It would at least be forward momentum and not an outright contradiction to the DiDio solution that post-Blackman/Williams Batwoman had to endure.

My figure collecting has slowed down substantially since I moved. Only thing I've bought in the past six months or so are Bishoujo Black Canary and Butt Miku. Other than that I try to stay away lest I be tempted haha.

Eh, it can get pricey. I've been cutting back myself. But man, I can't say no to the bishoujo series. Those will always be my bread and butt-er. And all the new ones that were just announced? So good. Just in case you haven't seen them:

12698248_1276673532349040_2577540633020998991_o-noscale.jpg
12710786_1276673705682356_4896237271086622115_o-noscale.jpg
10562653_1276672865682440_285365491983281443_o-noscale.jpg

I've been meaning to ask, what is your avatar from?

Owzers

that's a lot of kotos without a Spider-Gwen included. (that's right, edited in good things!)

i still need to start that series on MU, i've only read the spiderverse gwen thing.

Calcium

Banned
They're additions to the Horror bishoujo line. Jason and Freddy were super successful, so they added a bunch more. Chucky is adorable. I'm really waiting for them to do a bishoujo Pinhead. She'll be super-cute.

I get the other Horror franchises getting statues, but Chucky? Seems like an odd choice, the movies were pretty mediocre. Wouldn't imagine there is much of a following there.

Sandfox

I don't really understand why people get so upset with Cho selling his art. He's clearly just doing it because people want and buy it rather than him not getting over certain incidents.

Owzers

Trump wins! But Rubio realllly wins because he finished second.

Rubio is totally going to be the nominee, dispelling all kinds of notions.

I also read Paper Girls #4 and i feel good knowing i am supporting weird comics with Chiang art. This is fairly weird stuff though, right? Not abstract " i have no idea why i'm still reading Morrison books" weird, but just a general sense of bizarre adventure.

edit: i'm very comfortable with Trump as president, I feel like he'll do great things and make things great and make America great.

Calcium

Banned
Oh boy, almost 90% of the time when I'm thinking about comics I wish I was thinking about politics instead. This is like a dream come true.

People, we need not bemoan our unread lists. In the views of Umberto Eco, we have just been just putting together an antilibrary.

The writer Umberto Eco belongs to that small class of scholars who are encyclopedic, insightful, and non dull. He is the owner of a large personal library (containing thirty thousand books), and separates visitors into two categories: those who react with 'Wow! Signore professore dottore Eco, what a library you have! How many of these books have you read?' and the others - a very small minority - who get the point that a private library is not an ego-boosting appendage but a research tool. Read books are far less valuable than unread ones. The library should contain as much of what you do not know as your financial means, mortgage rates, and the currently tight read-estate market allows you to put there. You will accumulate more knowledge and more books as you grow older, and the growing number of unread books on the shelves will look at you menacingly. Indeed, the more you know, the larger the rows of unread books. Let us call this collection of unread books an antilibrary.

Li Kao

Good God, Heavy Metal Magazine and two of their published series are now part of Comixology ? Legit shook. They have discovered the Internet.
Yes I know you could buy old digital issues directly from them, no it doesn't count ffs.

Good God, Heavy Metal Magazine and two of their published series are now part of Comixology ? Legit shook. They have discovered the Internet.
Yes I know you could buy old digital issues directly from them, no it doesn't count ffs.

I mentioned this when I saw it the other day lol. Really cool! I've been wanting to check it out for a while so this pleases me.

Li Kao

I mentioned this when I saw it the other day lol. Really cool! I've been wanting to check it out for a while so this pleases me.

I'm in the same boat, the Morrison news and the fact I kinda want to read anthologies (2000AD is another target) these days put in on my radar.

We'll definitely have to meet up again. Any word on Kipp going?

I actually don't know, i'll have to see. I wish I was able to get another for someone, I had an extra slot to buy since i didn't realize one friend was already set. I'd be down to hang though!

Messi

I actually don't know, i'll have to see. I wish I was able to get another for someone, I had an extra slot to buy since i didn't realize one friend was already set. I'd be down to hang though!

You could swap great Messi stories.

short conversation

Messi

Wait... Gang of Harleys starts in April it's solicited for April and May then rebirth. Its hardly only going to be two issues right? It was a new series. Maybe DC isn't ending everything?

Wait... Gang of Harleys starts in April it's solicited for April and May then rebirth. Its hardly only going to be two issues right? It was a new series. Maybe DC isn't ending everything?

I highly doubt it's going to get wiped after two issues
though it probably should be ;)
. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

VanWinkle

That makes me wonder about the series' that will have a rebirth in the fall. Like Gotham Academy, for instance (or Earth 2, Cyborg, Teen Titans, etc). Will it take a break starting in June and then come back in the fall? Or will it just keep going until rebirth?

Fair enough. I am quite fond of them

I don't know, I think the thing that bothered me the most was in that first issue of HQ that had them in it, when she kept referring to every god-damned one of them by name and it was always some play on "Harley Quinn." That's the point, I get it. But it was so annoying that it put me off of them completely.

Is New 52 Batman worth keeping up with? I thought the court of owls and death of the family arcs were fairly solid and Capullo is an exceptional artist, but I haven't heard much about the arcs past those.

Let's all calm down. Please. Here, have a Stjepan Sejic doodle.

PS: Maybe I just realized now that Sejic is basically doing the Frank Cho thing of ladies and jokes and butts, but actually good, and I think we need to learn from that.
He sure does love his Wonder Woman.
Forgot to post this the other day... Diamond Select's Marvel showing from Toy Fair.

Dat Captain Marvel looking good. And she's $460 cheaper than the Sideshow statue. And is that... Medusa I see!?

Damn, Diamond is going all-in with these Marvel toys. Someone has to, since Marvel refuses to set up their own in-house statue maker like DC. Man, I would be ecstatic if Marvel adopted that model.

I'd be totally okay with that. It would at least be forward momentum and not an outright contradiction to the DiDio solution that post-Blackman/Williams Batwoman had to endure.

Eh, it can get pricey. I've been cutting back myself. But man, I can't say no to the bishoujo series. Those will always be my bread and butt-er. And all the new ones that were just announced? So good. Just in case you haven't seen them:

I've been meaning to ask, what is your avatar from?
None of those are Black Bolt!

Top Bottom