• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

8V3xYKW.jpg
noice-ranking-key-peele-s-15-best-sketches-that-s-my-shiiiiiiiiii-897983.gif

Marvel double shipping: The problem, aside from the price, is that Marvel aren't actually lowering the amount of books. For every book they cancel they announce 2 more and for every event that ends more books than at the start are announced.

Messi, didn't you count up how much it would cost to follow the X-Men line after IvX?

Sandfox

Marvel double shipping: The problem, aside from the price, is that Marvel aren't actually lowering the amount of books. For every book the cancel they announce 2 more and for every event that ends more books than at the start are announced.

Messi, didn't you count up how much it would cost to follow the X-Men line after IvX?

Marvel and DC are always going to try and publish around the same number of books a month. Whenever a new book is announced it's usually replacing something else.

Messi

Marvel double shipping: The problem, aside from the price, is that Marvel aren't actually lowering the amount of books. For every book they cancel they announce 2 more and for every event that ends more books than at the start are announced.

In my head for the first 5 issues and the Rebirth style starting point. It will cost $26 per series. That is 3 series (gold, blue weapon x) apparently weapon x is double shipping. Same goes for Inhumans and Guardians.

Want to follow all those series for a month? $40 before you pick up a single title other book. Add that to the likelihood of the cap books and spidey going double. This is going to hurt the smaller books. The likes of Spider-Woman or Wasp. Peoples money only goes so far. My money doesn't go that far.

Frank Chos next Harley cover

Nice

In my head for the first 5 issues and the Rebirth style starting point. It will cost $26 per series. That is 3 series (gold, blue weapon x) apparently weapon x is double shipping. Same goes for Inhumans and Guardians.

Want to follow all those series for a month? $40 before you pick up a single title other book. Add that to the likelihood of the cap books and spidey going double. This is going to hurt the smaller books. The likes of Spider-Woman or Wasp. Peoples money only goes so far. My money doesn't go that far.
Spider-Woman is already dead :(

Sandfox

Frank Chos next Harley cover

Nice
I'm guessing that Weapon X and the Inhuman book are only double shipping the first month since they didn't announce it as such like they have done with books like Guardians and the other X books.

Messi

I'm guessing that Weapon X and the Inhuman book are only double shipping the first month since they didn't announce it as such like they have done with books like Guardians and the other X books.

I'd understand that for Weapon X but I doubt they would for Inhumans. They are all about making things equal for Inhumans

Dropped Jojo's Bizarre Adventure v1 and Kill My Mother about 20% in. Couldn't really get into them.

Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur on the other hand is quite adorable. Might have to re-up MU to catch up on this.

Messi

I don't understand DCs new deluxe hardcover picks. Green Lanterns? Really. But not Wonder Woman. I would have assumed Harley or Suicide Squad would be a lock but nada. Detective comics? Nope. We will probably get these but the opening salvo is wierd.

I don't understand DCs new deluxe hardcover picks. Green Lanterns? Really. But not Wonder Woman. I would have assumed Harley or Suicide Squad would be a lock but nada. Detective comics? Nope. We will probably get these but the opening salvo is wierd.
Sent a question to a friend who helps with getting the books to stores in Scandinavia. Gave him a few free tickets last summer which he still owes me for.

VanWinkle

The omissions are stranger than the inclusions. To me none of the choices surprised me. What is odd is no Detective Comics - even when we have Action Comics coming - (particularly considering Detective is almost universally seen as better), WW, or Suicide Squad.

Quick message back: On the way but no dates. Told me Amazon will probably find out before him. Did tell me that I'll probably want to pick up the Year One book out this Fall.

Messi

The omissions are stranger than the inclusions. To me none of the choices surprised me. What is odd is no Detective Comics - even when we have Action Comics coming - (particularly considering Detective is almost universally seen as better), WW, or Suicide Squad.

I guess they could be waiting on wonder woman to have two full current arcs and two year one arcs.

Messi

I was snooping on Amazon and found out that at the end of June Wayward Book 2 is coming (oversized and includes all the essays and sketches from the singles) and Wicked and the Divine book 2.

Waywards cover

No cover for Wicked and the Divine.

Owzers

Walking Dead #163:
New Rick is basically just a bunch of smirking panels and then shouty panels. I'm starting to think the book would have been better if he had died at the end of All Out War and Carl inherited the world earlier.
Random this book has been going on awhile and i'm losing interest/10.

Invincible was good but i had
forgotten that Eve had extra super final form powers during a previous battle so it seemed kinda "wowwwwwwww" then " ehhhhhhhh" but it was still a tense issue.
Random 7/10

Walking Dead #163:
New Rick is basically just a bunch of smirking panels and then shouty panels. I'm starting to think the book would have been better if he had died at the end of All Out War and Carl inherited the world earlier.
Random this book has been going on awhile and i'm losing interest/10.

I like that there's no protagonist now. It's a MUCH better book, since Kirkman can't write an interesting character to save his life.

VanWinkle

Maybe they're waiting until the movie comes out so they have something to sell?

Well the Rebirth deluxe editions all come out after the WW movie. I think they're just doing the WW by Perez Omnibus Vol. 2 for the movie.

Edit: although maybe you mean they're waiting to announce it until the movie comes out.

Phamit

I'm done with Champions, this book doesn't do anything good or heading somewhere interesting enough to keep on my pull list. And now they going to fight some young villain group

dropped

Zombine

Banned
Has there been a lack of stand out new Image titles over the past year or so? It feels like the heavy hitters are firmly established and everything else is sinking to the bottom.

VanWinkle

Man, Forever Evil is great so far. Halfway through. It feels like, after 20+ issues of Johns coasting through JL, I'm finally at the good stuff.

Messi

Has there been a lack of stand out new Image titles over the past year or so? It feels like the heavy hitters are firmly established and everything else is sinking to the bottom.

In the last year and a half or so

Paper Girls
Monstress
Motor Crush
Kill or Be Killed
Black Monday Murders
Seven to Eternity
I hate Fairyland
Injection

Those are all fairly high profile

Maybe the deluxe HCs for WW are also going to collect the alternate issues like the trades? That might explain the delay.

Top Bottom