• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

5QdJOJn.jpg

a18OYF1.gif

Keep that exclusive B&N.

ElNarez

Banned
I guess the furry community really doesn't like how Snagglepuss is drawn.

The furry community wants Snagglepuss to be hot, and Howard Porter is going for a sad and tired look instead. And, like, I'm all for furries getting their hot hot action in Big Two Comics in 2017, but, maybe not all talking animals need to be hot and cool and attractive. Sometimes the story isn't about fucking the talking animals.

The furry community wants Snagglepuss to be hot, and Howard Porter is going for a sad and tired look instead. And, like, I'm all for furries getting their hot hot action in Big Two Comics in 2017, but, maybe not all talking animals need to be hot and cool and attractive. Sometimes the story isn't about fucking the talking animals.
That's an interesting point. A lot of the revisions I saw from the furry community all have him drawn very attractive. The eyes could have used some work but overall I saw no problem with how Porter drew him.

My problem with snot girl covers is that there's not enough snot on them

For me to pick up the series, I need there to be enough snot on the cover to ask myself, does Bryan Lee O'Malley have a snot fetish?

ElNarez

Banned
what part of this costume do you hate the most

is it the fact it's the kind of skintight outfit that America's other costumes stand in opposition against?

is it the belt?

is it the red jacket on a red shirt?

god it's SO BAD

what part of this costume do you hate the most

is it the fact it's the kind of skintight outfit that America's other costumes stand in opposition against?

is it the belt?

is it the red jacket on a red shirt?

god it's SO BAD

the ones that are 50% hot pants? lol please

TheFlow

Banned
that costume is bad because everything literally clashes and it looks like she team hydra cap.

giving her pants was the step in the right direction though. Her outfit reminds me of Captain Marvel too. is this supposed be an ironic costume?

ElNarez

Banned
the ones that are 50% hot pants? lol please

What defines America Chavez's outfits isn't skimpiness, and if that's what you think I was talking about I need to correct.

It's a matter of practicality. The key to her fashion, the thing that makes her maybe the coolest heroine on the block in terms of design, is the idea that her outfits feel like real clothes that people would wear, but that somehow still get the motif of the american flag in there. It's a tight rope to walk, unless you're Jamie McKelvie.

This? It's not practical. It's not fashionable. It's not an outfit a human would wear with any regularity.

It's a 1992 design on a 2017 heroine. It's a fashion disaster.

The colors are not balanced. Too much red from the jacket to the gloves and Awkward black placement on the top half but the bottom half is blue for some reason. The red shape around her chest area completely washes out the America shield symbol. The belt makes no sense. It looks like she's hula hooping it around her waist. It's a lot of things that could make for a nice costume but it looks like they randomized and slapped it all together.

She's actually never worn a costume, just clothes. If this is a costume maybe there's a reason for it?

I like New X-Men outfits more than Astonishing X-Men costumes, but Whedon had a narrative reason for it.

But yes, please, let's flip out.

She's actually never worn a costume, just clothes. If this is a costume maybe there's a reason for it?

I like New X-Men outfits more than Astonishing X-Men costumes, but Whedon had a narrative reason for it.

But yes, please, let's flip out.

Most of our problems are the color scheme. All they have to do is switch out some color pallets and everything will be fine. Although that belt has to go.

Why change America's costume into an actual costume, especially when it doesn't have a hoodie?
latest

I would love it if that costume only lasts for part of the issue and then at the end she goes "fuck this" and is back in her streets for the rest of the book.
damnit why did it take me so long to see this

250px-Superboy_(Kon-El).jpg
....Does anyone else want that book?
Guys I have bad news

I used the third wish for a Beta Ray Bill book
tumblr_o4xnkayz2b1up1dk4o6_r1_250.gif

Why change America's costume into an actual costume, especially when it doesn't have a hoodie?

"Hey guys, remember when we put Carol Danvers in a more socially acceptable costume and then shoved her down eveyone's throat and called it a success? Let's do that with America Chavez."

Top Bottom