• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can be only wrong, Big Old Talents on Marvels books? Not going to happen anymore. Its going to be "The Guy who is a big talent but never had a big book" feat. "The girl who draws great but also is pretty unknown" on AAA books.

Or maybe I am just to cynical at this point.

Sandfox

Can be only wrong, Big Old Talents on Marvels books? Not going to happen anymore. Its going to be "The Guy who is a big talent but never had a big book" feat. "The girl who draws great but also is pretty unknown" on AAA books.

Or maybe I am just to cynical at this point.

Well it says new and old.

They also posted a rumor from the Marvel summit that the "X-Men ban" is over and we will start seeing them in the forefront of promotional material and merchandise again, including a new X-Men cartoon being announced later this year.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Well it says new and old.

They also posted a rumor from the Marvel summit that the "X-Men ban" is over and we will start seeing them in the forefront of promotional material and merchandise again, including a new X-Men cartoon being announced later this year.
Yeah, another unrealistic point. I believe it when I see it.
Also, would rather have Fantastic Four back. I want to hear what happened to Sue and Reed and the kids.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Yeah, another unrealistic point. I believe it when I see it.
Also, would rather have Fantastic Four back. I want to hear what happened to Sue and Reed and the kids.

I mean, there is a live-action X-Men show coming to FX. I don't see why an X-Men cartoon is impossible in 2017.

Ross61

Big announcement coming from Titans. (As tweeted by it's editor Alex Antone)

Either a solo or confirmation of Judah Contract Rebirth.

Champions #5
I genuinely enjoy how this book is going the episodic approach. Refreshing from the constant "WE NEED PLOT MOTHERFUCKERS" that we always get. That said, Gwen added little, but brings up an interesting angle: that escapism can do harm as well. Constantly ignoring the problem and pretending it'll just resolve itself because "aw it's just some other bad guy. Someone will stop him!" No. There are just some shitty people in this world, and that's it. Ignorance and hate aren't just part of some supervillain plot. They're real life things that happen in real life for real life reasons. Sometimes there's no reason at all, which can be even scarier.

Power Man and Iron Fist #12
Man this shit got reeeeeeeal dark. Was not expecting that. Maybe some of that Nighthawk is bleeding into this? Regardless, the tonal difference doesn'y change the fact that this was a good issue. And that final page...yo...

The Avengers #3
Decent issue causing me to enjoy this team more and more. Mostly this issue is just to create questions for further plot threads. It's fine otherwise, with the standouts being Nadia and Peter. Moving on.

The Avengers #4
I think I'm going to drop this book. It's boring, plain and simple. Not even Del Mundo's art can change that. This issue was so boring I don't remember what it was about. I like the team, but I don't give a fuck about this story. Especially when an issue comes along that doesn't even have the Avengers in it.

The Avengers #3.1
This book has been pretty consistently fun for these few issues and I'm digging it. Good chemistry and action here. And the plot thickens, indeed. Not the direction I thought they'd go in, but I'm not surprised.

TheFlow

Banned
Champions #5
I genuinely enjoy how this book is going the episodic approach. Refreshing from the constant "WE NEED PLOT MOTHERFUCKERS" that we always get. That said, Gwen added little, but brings up an interesting angle: that escapism can do harm as well. Constantly ignoring the problem and pretending it'll just resolve itself because "aw it's just some other bad guy. Someone will stop him!" No. There are just some shitty people in this world, and that's it. Ignorance and hate aren't just part of some supervillain plot. They're real life things that happen in real life for real life reasons. Sometimes there's no reason at all, which can be even scarier.

Power Man and Iron Fist #12
Man this shit got reeeeeeeal dark. Was not expecting that. Maybe some of that Nighthawk is bleeding into this? Regardless, the tonal difference doesn'y change the fact that this was a good issue. And that final page...yo...

The Avengers #3
Decent issue causing me to enjoy this team more and more. Mostly this issue is just to create questions for further plot threads. It's fine otherwise, with the standouts being Nadia and Peter. Moving on.

The Avengers #4
I think I'm going to drop this book. It's boring, plain and simple. Not even Del Mundo's art can change that. This issue was so boring I don't remember what it was about. I like the team, but I don't give a fuck about this story. Especially when an issue comes along that doesn't even have the Avengers in it.

The Avengers #3.1
This book has been pretty consistently fun for these few issues and I'm digging it. Good chemistry and action here. And the plot thickens, indeed. Not the direction I thought they'd go in, but I'm not surprised.
Yea avengers is boring. That was not a good arc to get readers on board.

Nudull

Banned
So, if certain sources are to be believed, Marvel may be heading into a Rebirth-style relaunch by next year. Can't say I'm surprised.

Sandfox

I find it ultra hard to believe they will go a whole year without doing another relaunch especially with dwindling sales.

"2018" probably means post-Secret Empire at the end of the year. It's not like Marvel is in danger of collapsing before they announce this stuff if true.

This is following up with what DC did leading up to Rebirth. Also, Infinity War and all lines up.

Isn't the majority of everybody comfy at Image?
There are a ton of people that could possibly return depending on the situation/deal. It's too hard to make guesses because of that though.

Isn't that just Mera's costume...
LOL

QKVCBSJ.jpg

The Uncanny Avengers #19
YOOOOOOOOO now THIS is an Avengers book. Good action, good character moments, Cable and Wade being badass, and some scinitillating wit and dialogue. Red Skull is a too tier villain, if y'all didn't know, since his goofy ass in the Cap books would suggest otherwise. Fuck yeah.

U.S.Avengers #1
This was pretty great. Like, super great. Pretty much perfect. Here's the team. Here's their powers and roles within the team. Here's why they exist. And here's Paco Medina making it look fly as fuck (particularly remembering that Roberto is black. Or at least, significantly darker than he's been drawn for the past decade or so). Also here's some ridiculous plot, fan service, and the ability to make Squirrel Girl gel with a non-gag cast. And the Gold Skull, whomever this pirate-ass lookin' motherfucker is.

Ewing you magnificent bastard. Although, I really want Ben Grimm on here, for some reason. Like, Red Hulk is fun and all, but ol' blue-eyed Benji giving some of that Yancy street beatdown would be sick.

U.S.Avengers #2
I nice follow-up. Good background, reaffirming Dani Cage as the fucking best, and looking dope.

My thing here is, and I might be reading into it, but I feel like Golden Skull is supposed to be a demonization of anarchocapitalism and the idea that it's patently un-American. I disagree, but we'll see how this plays out.

The Ultimates^2 #3
This high tier cosmic game that's being olayef is blowing my mind. Everything is just being remade by our lord and savior Ewing. I'm a bit bothered by these Troubleshooters. I understand why they exist (though I think it's a dumb move), but I'm not familiar with any of them, including their power sets. Rodstvow in particular bothers me. As a result, it's very hard to sympathize with them, though their motives are easily understood (but still stupid).
Yea avengers is boring. That was not a good arc to get readers on board.
I honestly don't know what I was expecting either. I am expecting a similar feel for X-Men Gold though. Boring as hell

mreddie

I like how that article makes no mention of her currently being in Uncanny Avengers and acts like Pym hasn't been treated like crap since he hit her.

That's the funny part. But Pym got back up since the slap, fucked Tigra, became more crazy and was on 3 teams, got Skrulled only to finally get fucked once Ant-Man's film came out.

Jan has been in several teams, turned into a bug and got Bendised and yet even though she's the most requested character in games and her rep in EMH helped, Edgar Wright fucked over everything and only Reed could so much once the film came out and now Marvel is trying to prop up Nadia as Hope.

This might be the smallest "comic" I've ever read... (Lego Plastic Man and manga for scale)

It is a fascinating concept! It turns out The New Yorker has "spots" through out their magazine. Little illustrations to break up the flow of text or fill in space left by type justification. Starting in 2005, they got Richard McGuire to do all of them in one magazine and he arranged them as text less strips of varying length. Some appearing on consecutive pages and some appearing many pages apart. I've read only a little but there's some really interesting stuff.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/sa...e-the-art-of-the-new-yorker-spot-illustration

OFcEQOb.gif

I can't really buy this excuse when DC pushes Harley Quinn and Marvel pushes Carol Danvers.

Top Bottom