• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Will he live in Hollywood be and a former Sitcom star?

Y...yes...

i46hQmy.jpg

BC: Marvel's big plans for 2017 after Secret Empire.
Either way, Marvel Comics has been a focal point for this kind of discussion. And last week’s Marvel creative summit I am told by well connected sources who have proved themselves in that past there was more of a focus on what DC Comics internally called “meat and potatoes” comics that preceded their doubling down on the popular characters and bringing back old favourite takes with DC Rebirth.

I am told, as Marvel brings back the X-Men line with a bang, to expect a return to more of a status quo for titles such as Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and more. A more familiar looking Marvel Universe by the autumn – although, just as with Captain America, as classic-look-characters return, expect new characters to keep a number of their books.

So current Hulk is probably gonna last for 12 issues if they have plans of bringing back Banner. Then She-Hulk gets relaunched into the happy attorney at law comedy series.
Well yeah, that screamed limited series but no way was Marvel gonna call it that when they can call it a ongoing with a future after #12.

Sandfox

I feel like they're trying to use the same solution that was used for a different problem and that it doesn't really fix anything.

Could work out fine and could be good, but it doesn't really seem like the right answer to me.

It feels like they're just latching on to a different gimmick only this time it will be called "Old and Familiar".
A big complaint about the Marvel Universe right now is how unfamiliar it it is so I would say that's one part of the problem, though there are other things Marvel would need to address as well.
That also means Waid's Avengers run is gonna end and relaunch again. lol

Waid's Avengers is basically traditional in every way except for the lineup being full of legacy characters. I would kinda expect him to be off Avengers if this happens though.

A big complaint about the Marvel Universe right now is how unfamiliar it it is so I would say that's one part of the problem, though there are other things Marvel would need to address as well.

Yeah, I can see it being a fix to part of the problem but it's hard to see it as much else besides another chance for a re-launch that will just be changed again a year later. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I can't help but see it as a hollow claim to what is just another re-launch. Only this time it's fueled by DC having it work for them first.

Aww, Gotg vol 2 won't set up for future cosmic movies that aren't Infinity War. Not even Nova:
With Nova being introduced in the last movie as sort of a species or police force, are we going to see an evolution of that…

Certainly you could see that someday. This movie is not set up for that in any way.

Edit: Just struck me that this means Danvers will have yet another relaunch most likely. It's hard to even count them now.

Hmm, I think Marvel understands that fans are liking Laura as Wolverine way more than Logan.

Would completely agree, but going on the whole familiarity thing I wonder if they'd want to replace Logan with the regular Wolverine. I'd be open to it depending on how Logan is handled.

Sandfox

Yeah, I can see it being a fix to part of the problem but it's hard to see it as much else besides another chance for a re-launch that will just be changed again a year later. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I can't help but see it as a hollow claim to what is just another re-launch. Only this time it's fueled by DC having it work for them first.
Given their current reception and what fans seemingly want I don't think they would change their tune on it that fast, but it would be up to them to show and convince us of that.
Hmm, I think Marvel knows that fans are liking Laura as Wolverine way more than Logan.
If he came back I would expect him to replace OML in both the solo and team books. I would expect Laura to continue having an ongoing though.

Like having a separate Wolverine title that stars Logan? Two Wolverines?

I mean Old Man Logan meeting some kind of conclusion and having an end. Then somehow have Laura Wolverine and Oldschool Wolverine run at the same time somehow. If they ended Old man Logan, being in the 616, in a good way I'd be fine with him being done with.

I mean Old Man Logan meeting some kind of conclusion and having an end. Then somehow have Laura Wolverine and Oldschool Wolverine run at the same time somehow. If they ended Old man Logan, being in the 616, in a good way I'd be fine with him being done with.
Lemire is off the book so something is going to happen at least.

Sandfox

So basically DC You 2.0 to Rebirth 2.0?

So half of the legacy heroes are going away.
A chunk of the team books will get refitted.
And what works now will likely stay like Gwenpool, Moon Knight, SG
This however means bad news for Riri, Jane and Sam.

Would suck if Riri/Nadia/Silk just get clipped by the refocus.
I would say Nadia is pretty safe while the other two could go either way. The thing about Silk is that she's the only female Spider book right now in the main universe, but Marvel might be ok with just having Spider-Gwen in that role or could bring back one of the older ones. I think Riri is actually being received decently well so I could still see her around.

Runaways.
That could happen. I see New Warriors as more of a Titans equivalent though.

Sandfox

I'm glad marvel is moving politics out of comics, people should be able to read comics freely without feeling like they are being demonized for who they are or what they believe. Think of all the good things Hydra does that Marvel writers won't tell you about.
Fox News probably agrees with this.

Top Bottom