• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Haha. I'd be tempted for that Strangers in Paradise slipcase set.

1613d0e6a0ace78986064674d9311eff.jpg

Sandfox

Kingpin #1 is a 10/10 comic guys. The most well written opening to a series I have read in a long time and the setup has a ton of potential. I'm a big fan of the art as well. Rosenberg just continues to impress me.

error4041

Inhuman's vs X-Men was probably my favorite thing I've read today. it gave us these panels (spoilers for #4)
http://i.imgur.com/4VksmJL.jpg

The Spot flipping Jessica off was a great moment, I hope Bendis keeps him around after this arc ends, just to talk shit towards Jessica and immediately regret it.

It's hard to describe without revealing key plot points, but you know how Batman is compassionate and empathetic, which is what drives him to not kill? Yeah, he doesn't give a shit. About anyone, basically.

That puts stuff like Batman protecting Joker from getting assassinated in a new light.

Red Hood and the Outlaws

Maybe the first issue of this book that I didn't instantly love. I didn't dislike it, it just felt kind of pointless and almost like material that should be in an annual. It gives us an insight to Jason's thinking toward Bizarro, but it loses weight when we know nothings going to actually happen.

Action Comics

I did not care for this issue at all. Lois in a random under cover situation out of nowhere, Lana and Steel showing up and nothing really of Lex. Overall just didn't really care for this issue.

JLA Rebirth

I really liked the interactions we got in this and liked the roll call of going one by one to recruit everyone. Still have issues with Lobo on the team, especially when they specifically call out Frost for being a killer and being changed, but I can get over it for now to see what is actually planned with him. I have a feeling he's only there for a short time.

The Flash

After the let down of the Godspeed arc I have really been liking this Rogues arc. Barry actually seems to be acting more like Barry, the story is actually good and has a nice pacing. I'm glad Williamson has been able to put the book back on track.

Messi

I hate when books hype up a team line-up and have one member leave in the 1st to 3rd issue. See Spidey quitting in Uncanny Avengers. It reeks of marketing.

I hate when books hype up a team line-up and have one member leave in the 1st to 3rd issue. See Spidey quitting in Uncanny Avengers. It reeks of marketing.

I feel that way about Batwoman. What even is the Detective Comics team going forward? No Spoiler, Tim or Batwoman.

I'm not too interested in Azriel or Harper. I'm all for Batwing though.

Sandfox

According To Brevoort the Spider-Man thing was done to fill up a spot until they revealed Cable.

I feel that way about Batwoman. What even is the Detective Comics team going forward? No Spoiler, Tim or Batwoman.

Batwoman is still going to be on it IIRC and I would bet Tim is returning this year going by how Superman Reborn is going to involve Oz and his prison with someone breaking out.

Batwoman is still going to be on it IIRC and I would bet Tim is returning this year going by how Superman Reborn is going to involve Oz and his prison with someone breaking out.

Oh, haven't read this weeks issue yet, but the last issue really seemed like the start of a goodbye. Good to hear if she does though.

Reading through the Squirrel Girl again because I have the trades now. The
2nd
#1 is such a great issue. Brain Drain is amazing. Maureen is amazing. And there's always great touches in the background.

The bar they meet Maureen at is called Bar on Zemo...

And this is just hilarious.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
JLA Rebirth was good. Excited for the next issue.

Lobo is the weakest part of that book imo. He makes no sense on that team either, since he isn't human.

JLA Rebirth was good. Excited for the next issue.

Lobo is the weakest part of that book imo. He makes no sense on that team either, since he isn't human.

I liked Lobo the most cus of him pestering people actually.

It really annoyed me just as much as him when Bats screamed in his face. Bats could have been a stain on the wall a second after that but he still has no problem power-tripping. He and his speech at the end are the worst parts of the book.

Hagi

Man Inhumans in IvX are all

A1ZueF.gif

I love it. This thing isn't as terrible as it should be given everything that led up to it.

Hagi

^ha, someone posted that exact same gif yesterday for IvX

Dropping All-Star Batman, which was my last bat-book. :( Just not good enough.

It's the perfect fit lol

All-Star not good?that's a shame I read the first issue but it didn't really do anything for me so I put it in trade wait zone. I'm quite behind on all the rebirth books I was reading.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Inhumans vs X-Men has been good, but how fucking stupid can the Inhumans be to realise only now that they're the bad guys? It's not like it was any secret that the terrigen clouds were harmful to mutants.

EDIT: Not like detective comics, echo?

mreddie

Inhumans vs X-Men has been good, but how fucking stupid can the Inhumans be to realise only now that they're the bad guys? It's not like it was any secret that the terrigen clouds were harmful to mutants.

EDIT: Not like detective comics, echo?

Not the inhumans, the NuHumans realize both sides are shit.

The Victim Syndicate killed my interest in Tec, yeah. It's fine as pure fan service but I think it's an obnoxiously shallow book.

It's the perfect fit lol

All-Star not good?that's a shame I read the first issue but it didn't really do anything for me so I put it in trade wait zone. I'm quite behind on all the rebirth books I was reading.

I thought the ending of the last arc was pretty lousy. There is some straight-up nonsense in that issue. The last issue with Jock and Mr. Freeze was really good. At $5 an issue, though, if I didn't like two out of the last three issues, it's a drop

Not picking up Batwoman?

Yeah I will try Batwoman as well as Super Sons

Hagi

Not the inhumans, the NuHumans realize both sides are shit.

This has happened two times to Kamala straight after each-other lol curse of the Marvel name.

The Victim Syndicate killed my interest in Tec, yeah. It's fine as pure fan service but I think it's an obnoxiously shallow book.

I thought the ending of the last arc was pretty lousy. There is some straight-up nonsense in that issue. The last issue with Jock and Mr. Freeze was really good. At $5 an issue, though, if I didn't like two out of the last three issues, it's a drop

Yeah I will try Batwoman as well as Super Sons

The price did put me off it as a monthly purchase, I do love Snyder though so I'll give it a read in May. Forgot Batwoman was coming out soon I'll have to give that a read as well.

The most recent Uncanny tho...

I don't think Batwoman is leaving, just setting up her solo. Spoiler is probably going to be a running storyline and Tim is a part of something bigger as well. Plus team books having a rotating ensemble isn't a bad thing. I doubt Clayface will be on there for too long.

The most recent Uncanny tho...

I don't think Batwoman is leaving, just setting up her solo. Spoiler is probably going to be a running storyline and Tim is a part of something bigger as well. Plus team books having a rotating ensemble isn't a bad thing. I doubt Clayface will be on there for too long.

I'd be angry most if Clayface leaves. Sure he hasn't been used a ton, but every time he is used, it's great.

mreddie

CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON #19
CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #11
DAREDEVIL #17
DOCTOR STRANGE #1.MU
DOCTOR STRANGE #17
GREEN ARROW #17
GWENPOOL #12
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #4
PATSY WALKER AKA HELLCAT #15
RAVEN #6
SILK #17
SPIDER-MAN #13
STAR-LORD #3
US AVENGERS #3
VENOM #4

Okay, what goes and what stays?

Dusknoir

That's a shame. I know that Victim Syndicate didn't start was will as the first arc but I ended just as strong. I have a question thou. I'm struggling to see how is this book just shallow fan service? It's one of the best books DC is putting out.

TheFlow

Banned
CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON #19
CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #11
DAREDEVIL #17
DOCTOR STRANGE #1.MU
DOCTOR STRANGE #17
GREEN ARROW #17
GWENPOOL #12
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #4
PATSY WALKER AKA HELLCAT #15
RAVEN #6