• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Bane

So, Action Comics this week.

Human Clark ordering like a kid at a fast food restaurant and Lois pointing out how creepy he seems? Sure seems like the Superboy Prime theory may be on the money.

JLA Rebirth is the best first issue since New X-Men 114.

Jaw dropping.
Man I can't wait until lunch time. The preview for the issue already has me salivating. I wonder if DC greenlit this after they saw the bad response to the main JL title. Like they didn't want to fire Hitch for some reason and are just trying to refocus attention on another book.

oh god all the Superman books are converging, shit is gonna hit the fan in a huge way, if you're not reading Superwoman, Supergirl and Action you are MISSING OUT

Superwoman will be back on my pull list when they bring Lois Lane back to life. Supergirl has to be some next-level amazing shit for me to read it because I've always found Kara redundant. I might check Action out but I dunno, Lois & Clark was boring. Is Action way better than that run?

stn

+1 to Action Comics Rebirth, its quite good! Not too big on the Superman Rebirth but its decent enough.

VanWinkle

Just finished Starman. Absolutely incredible. What a journey. And what an ending. Perfect pacing throughout this 80-issue series. Great dialogue and narration (dense yet quick and natural), captivating stories, and one of the most interesting group of supporting characters. I cared a lot about all of these people, and they were all so great in their own ways.

I've never really read a long series like this. One that felt like it had a plan from the beginning, a natural pace, with real character development and a real-time passage of time, and a definitive ending. So many things happened. Opal City so fleshed out it almost was a character in and of itself. It's also probably one of the least action-packed superhero runs I've ever read. It was way more focused on characters, moments, and motivations.

I'm rambling. But I literally just finished it, and I'm at a bit of a loss for words and coherency.

How am I the only one here who read JLA:R?

This is crazy

They aren't digital readers. We get those DC issues at 9pm the day before Wednesday. More people need to join the bandwagon.

I should have read it last night but I fell asleep cus I was super exhausted. And now I am foaming at the mouth.

How good is this bundle for someone who's never read a lick of Valiant?

It has some stuff that carries on from the last HB, but there's a lot of stuff that's easily accessible like:

-Death-Defying Dr. Mirage
-Wrath of the Eternal Warrior
-Ivar, Timewalker
-Divinity
-The Valiant
-Bloodshot Reborn
-Imperium
-Ninjak
-Faith

Only order I recommend is reading The Valiant before Bloodshot

Tizoc

Why not just get the Vol. 4 and 5 oversized hardcovers and complete the entire Waid run?

Well looking at Wikipedia at least
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 3 Softcover Daredevil vol. 3, #11-15, Avenging Spider-Man #6, Punisher #10 <This I have
Therefore I want to get the issues after it which would be-

Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 4 Softcover Daredevil vol. 3 #16-21
Followed by
Daredevil by Mark Waid, Vol. 3 Oversized hardcover Daredevil Vol. 3 #22-36

Sandfox

Jean-Grey-2-Cover-David-Yardin.jpg

Well I never thought we would ever see Hope again. Hopeless also said that he considered having her as a member of his All-New team, but didn't want a bigger cast.

Read Justice League of America Rebirth and it was a very good bring the team together issue with outstanding art from Ivan Reis. Don't think it really broke any new ground though.

I still don't understand how Lobo fits on the team if the concept is humans not gods. If they needed a heavy hitter on the team, Ray has light powers and those can be almost of OP as the speed force.

VanWinkle

Well looking at Wikipedia at least
Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 3 Softcover Daredevil vol. 3, #11-15, Avenging Spider-Man #6, Punisher #10 <This I have
Therefore I want to get the issues after it which would be-

Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 4 Softcover Daredevil vol. 3 #16-21
Followed by
Daredevil by Mark Waid, Vol. 3 Oversized hardcover Daredevil Vol. 3 #22-36

Okay, so you're getting/have Vol 1-4 in paperback format, which (among other issues) includes Daredevil 1-21, and the Vol 3 OHC, which includes 22-36. I think I understand now. You WILL still need 1-18, 1.50, 0.1, and 15.1 from the re-numbering, which are included in these:

Daredevil by Waid and Samnee Vol. 4 OHC
Daredevil by Waid and Samnee Vol. 5 OHC

It's not very complicated

The Flash vol 2: 164-225
Final Crisis Rogues Revenge 1-3
The Flash Rebirth 1-6
The Flash vol 3: 1-12
Flashpoint 1-5

That's every Flash comic he's ever written

I've only read about the first 25 issues of Johns Flash run, but I had a question. Does the end of his Wally West run lead into The Flash Rebirth? Or is there some time that passes between the end of his West run and the Rebirth stuff?

It's not very complicated

The Flash vol 2: 164-225
Final Crisis Rogues Revenge 1-3
The Flash Rebirth 1-6
The Flash vol 3: 1-12
Flashpoint 1-5

That's every Flash comic he's ever written
Thanks. The collections I've been buying were grouped with the old ones in the store that had their backs covered to prevent someone stealing them. I have everything up to #200 thus far it seems.

tim1138

I've only read about the first 25 issues of Johns Flash run, but I had a question. Does the end of his Wally West run lead into The Flash Rebirth? Or is there some time that passes between the end of his West run and the Rebirth stuff?

Volume 2 of the Flash ran for another 20 or so issues after Johns left. His last issue was in 2005 I think and Rebirth didn't start until 2009. Between the end of his run and Rebirth Barry's return was teased a few times before finally happening in Final Crisis.

Thanks. The collections I've been buying were grouped with the old ones in the store that had their backs covered to prevent someone stealing them. I have everything up to #200 thus far it seems.

To the best of my knowledge they haven't solicited a fourth and fifth volume to cover the last 25 issues of his Wally run.

VanWinkle

Jimmy Palmiotti posted pics of Amanda's Starfire statue. Looks great and her artstyle really translated.

Wow, that looks great!

Volume 2 of the Flash ran for another 20 or so issues after Johns left. His last issue was in 2005 I think and Rebirth didn't start until 2009. Between the end of his run and Rebirth Barry's return was teased a few times before finally happening in Final Crisis.

To the best of my knowledge they haven't solicited a fourth and fifth volume to cover the last 25 issues of his Wally run.

Oh okay, thanks. I guess I didn't consider when his Wally West run would have ended. Because I do remember Barry returning in Final Crisis.

Just finished Starman. Absolutely incredible. What a journey. And what an ending. Perfect pacing throughout this 80-issue series. Great dialogue and narration (dense yet quick and natural), captivating stories, and one of the most interesting group of supporting characters. I cared a lot about all of these people, and they were all so great in their own ways.

I've never really read a long series like this. One that felt like it had a plan from the beginning, a natural pace, with real character development and a real-time passage of time, and a definitive ending. So many things happened. Opal City so fleshed out it almost was a character in and of itself. It's also probably one of the least action-packed superhero runs I've ever read. It was way more focused on characters, moments, and motivations.

I'm rambling. But I literally just finished it, and I'm at a bit of a loss for words and coherency.
I wish DC would reprint volume 3.

shingi70

Banned
Read Justice League of America Rebirth and it was a very good bring the team together issue with outstanding art from Ivan Reis. Don't think it really broke any new ground though.

I still don't understand how Lobo fits on the team if the concept is humans not gods. If they needed a heavy hitter on the team, Ray has light powers and those can be almost of OP as the speed force.

I think it means Human in though. Lobo is a heavy hitter, but he's pretty much your average guy outside of murdering his whole planet.

Shame that hitch is still on Justice Leagie because the two books actually compliment. Each other.

Top Bottom