• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

It did give us this panel

4916299-vader!.jpg

Vader kicking ass was one of the good bits. I'm a man of simple tastes.

That's a shame. I know that Victim Syndicate didn't start was will as the first arc but I ended just as strong. I have a question thou. I'm struggling to see how is this book just shallow fan service? It's one of the best books DC is putting out.

I will respond to this later today when I am a bit more freed up. But I know I have the minority opinion on that book.

You not reading nightwing or redhood got me smh

I don't like either of those characters, especially Red Hood

Bruh it's nightwing. What is not to like about the Goat.

I've just never liked the Nightwing persona. This goes all the way back to the beginning. It has always felt like a consolation prize for Dick since they won't let him be Batman and he can't be Robin anymore. I realize he's grown into it and that they've developed it into its own thing, and that's great for fans, but it has always left me cold and indifferent.

I do love DickBats and he was a great Robin.

Spencer is fucking losing it.

Oh no not again

CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON #19
CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #11
DAREDEVIL #17
DOCTOR STRANGE #1.MU
DOCTOR STRANGE #17
GREEN ARROW #17
GWENPOOL #12
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #4
PATSY WALKER AKA HELLCAT #15
RAVEN #6
SILK #17
SPIDER-MAN #13
STAR-LORD #3
US AVENGERS #3
VENOM #4

Okay, what goes and what stays?
The only one I'd keep is Green Arrow personally. But I stopped reading that too so...... Looks like a clean slate to me!

Bruh it's nightwing. What is not to like about the Goat.

He is just a meh version of Batman/Daredevil to me. I was interested in reading his book when I heard the first arc's name was "Better than Batman" because I thought they were gonna try to elevate Nightwing to greatness, but then I saw it was referring to Raptor. As Grayson he was pretty cool though.

Messi

The most recent Uncanny tho...

I don't think Batwoman is leaving, just setting up her solo. Spoiler is probably going to be a running storyline and Tim is a part of something bigger as well. Plus team books having a rotating ensemble isn't a bad thing. I doubt Clayface will be on there for too long.

Uncanny is amazing. Spider-man fuckin sucks too.

TheFlow

Banned
He is just a meh version of Batman/Daredevil to me. I was interested in reading his book when I heard the first arc's name was "Better than Batman" because I thought they were gonna try to elevate Nightwing to greatness, but then I saw it was referring to Raptor. As Grayson he was pretty cool though.
First 4 issues of nightwing are meh and I feel the arc should of been done at a better time but the latter issues..my lord are they the best.

Nightwing can definitely stand on his own as long as he doesn't dwell on trying to beat batman. Which he pretty much came to that conclusion himself.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Unfollowing Nick Spencer is the best thing I've ever done

Not really, but it's up there

CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON #19
CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #11
DAREDEVIL #17
DOCTOR STRANGE #17
GREEN ARROW #17
GWENPOOL #12
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #4
RAVEN #6
SPIDER-MAN #13

Okay, what goes and what stays?

Missed this. Keep these. Drop Spider-Man if you aren't interested in the crossover (it has been quite good so far though)

ElNarez

Banned
I mean, that's a good way to not speak about the fact he's making an event where Captain America turns the US into a white nationalist ethnostate.

I don't get why he would go so hard for Marvel unless he's planning on never working for DC ever again. And if I was Marvel I'd tell him to shut his ass up, you never know they might be planning to drop the prices of some of their books.

I feel like he had a lot of time at Image to have been given some DC shots, but I don't think he ever got one? I may be wrong.

I don't get why he would go so hard for Marvel unless he's planning on never working for DC ever again. And if I was Marvel I'd tell him to shut his ass up, you never know they might be planning to drop the prices of some of their books.

You never know, drama comes and goes. Rucka for example.

He would be a great fit for a Young Animal book. He seems to do better on the fringe.

I'd be angry most if Clayface leaves. Sure he hasn't been used a ton, but every time he is used, it's great.
True, but he'll be temporary. Someone's going to want to use him as a villain.
That's a shame. I know that Victim Syndicate didn't start was will as the first arc but I ended just as strong. I have a question thou. I'm struggling to see how is this book just shallow fan service? It's one of the best books DC is putting out.
I thought the Victim Syndicate was great all the way through, so I apparently don't have the same tastes that everyone who dropped it has.
Uncanny is amazing. Spider-man fuckin sucks too.
I'm saying Spidey's back tho

Only problem I really see with what he's saying is that "some books are where they were at the end of N52".

Well yeah... There are always going to be some low books. That's kind of a dumb argument.

Which one?

Need to continue with ASM since Clone Conspiracy releases next month but I cant stand the art. Turned off immediately

In Uncanny? It's Pete.

Might be temporary, we'll see

Only problem I really see with what he's saying is that "some books are where they were at the end of N52".

Well yeah... There are always going to be some low books. That's kind of a dumb argument.

Well, his full argument would be those books can't really afford to move the same number of units they did in N52 because they cost a dollar less

Well, his full argument would be those books can't really afford to move the same number of units they did in N52 because they cost a dollar less

I just assumed that's why most of those books(the monthly books) are moving up a dollar.

Edit: WTF is this emailer talking about on comic comspiracty?! Lemire leaving Marvel for DC and has a book coming in the summer?!

Top Bottom