• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

I passed on that bullshit

Edit: though I did buy the Klaus "annual" for eight bucks and that was wonderful

I really wanted to read it too, if the cover is indicative of what's inside. IDW tends to pull this shit with Annuals. TMNT, and even Jem iirc.

Jimmy Palmiotti posted pics of Amanda's Starfire statue. Looks great and her artstyle really translated.

I give it 1,000,000 boners out of 10. Can't wait to get mine.

tim1138

Agreed. I had to read the contents from that on Comixology. Which means I missed out on The Shade #1-4 and some Secret Files and Origins issue. Those are not on CMX, unfortunately.

Did you get the Hellboy crossover? I don't remember which volume that's in.

I really wanted to read it too, if the cover is indicative of what's inside. IDW tends to pull this shit with Annuals. TMNT, and even Jem iirc.

I give it 1,000,000 boners out of 10. Can't wait to get mine.
How many do you and Messi own now? Don't think there've been any pics since I joined the community.

Messi

How many do you and Messi own now? Don't think there've been any pics since I joined the community.

I can't display everything so I rotate. This is what's in at the moment. Sans hot toys.

lcMT9FU.jpg

ihLK6Rk.jpg

CoBQERh.jpg

YLTA8ft.jpg

DAEKD29.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
So Warren Ellis is writing a new Castlevania
animated TV show

http://wethenerdy.com/transmetropol...rking-on-the-castlevania-tv-show-for-netflix/

INT. GENERAL VAN HELSING'S OFFICE - LATE NIGHT

VAN HELSING at his desk, a glass of whiskey in hand. There's a knock on the door. The guard opens it. It's BELMONT, wearing aviator shades.

VAN HELSING
About time you showed up, Belmont. We need you on this one. The fate of the world is in the balance.

BELMONT
Yes. I know. Castlevania has reappeared, and that means someone is trying to resurrect Dracula. Now, I'm gonna stop them, but I have some demands, which you will agree to.

VAN HELSING
Don't get cocky now Belmont.

BELMONT
As I was saying. I'm gonna need a whip, holy water, and all the turkey you can cook. You will give me those things because my family has stopped Dracula's resurrection time and time again through the whole of history. I do not need these things from you. I'm asking you, so we can both acknowledge that the Belmonts are your betters. I do things my way, and I get results, because I'm smarter than you. I'm smarter than everyone in this room. I'm so smart. Look at me being incredibly smart. And also quirky. I have a weird quirk that makes me accessible, but I'm still always the smartest bloody person in the bloody room.

CUT TO

INT. A BAR - NIGHT

Belmont is at a table, drinking alone. It is raining outside.

BELMONT
I'm better than everyone... and yet...

Belmont looks through the glass window of the bar wistfully. You can feel a sadness there that will never be acknowledged. It's deep and it makes a statement on who Belmont is.

PS: if they don't like it I'll just say it's lost forever in a hard drive crash

JLA was really good. I wasn't terribly excited for this but I think I'll keep up with it. The line up is pretty cool and seems to be paced pretty well at least based off the first issue.

Didn't Emma declare it impossible to do by telepathy when she tried to help Laura way back when?

Damn.

Yes but Laura already built up some degree of resistance to it as shown by not killing the guards she electrified. Young Jean is also basically however powerful the plot needs her to be as shown by the terrible Battle of the Atom.

Finally watched the Iron Fist trailer. Not feeling it at all. It almost looks like they are playing it straight instead of going for the Shang-Chi/HK kung-fu movie tone. Hopefully that's just the trailer.

JLA Rebirth was great but I don't get what makes any of the team more human than the regular Justice League. The Ray is made out of damn light, Lobo is an grey alien, and Frost is an energy vampire. What makes Lobo, a dude who did the most inhuman thing of all and killed all of his relatives, more human and relatable than Superman, a guy who was raised by humans and chooses to live in the midst of them when he is not superheroing?

And it honestly feels like Batman was crapping all over Supes, Wondy, and the rest of the team with that "the world needs heroes they can know, not gods" speech. The Flash, both Green Lanterns, and Cyborg are all human and spend plenty of time chilling with non-powered people. Batman himself is the one most detached from humans, he spends most of his time hiding in the shadows.

VanWinkle

And it honestly feels like Batman was crapping all over Supes, Wondy, and the rest of the team with that "the world needs heroes they can know, not gods" speech. The Flash, both Green Lanterns, and Cyborg are all human and spend plenty of time chilling with non-powered people. Batman himself is the one most detached from humans, he spends most of his time hiding in the shadows.

Classic Batman.

677099.jpg

I haven't reas JLA Rebirth yet, but I had a huge problem with how Bats was written in JLvSS

Top Bottom