• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Sandfox

Secret Empire ending in August is really interesting.

If they really do get this out and done in 4 months I'll be extremely surprised. I think I'm more interested in what's going to happen after this but I hope the event is good.
The book has like four artists so it's not that big of a stretch.

I am actually quite pleased they are dividing Secret Empire across several artists

Marvel really cannot afford to have yet another major, universe-shaping event run months behind. I'd rather they not do it at all, we don't need a universe-shaping event every single year, but if they're gonna do it, the train must run on time.

I am actually quite pleased they are dividing Secret Empire across several artists

Marvel really cannot afford to have yet another major, universe-shaping event run months behind. I'd rather they not do it at all, we don't need a universe-shaping event every single year, but if they're gonna do it, the train must run on time.

I'm still waiting for IvX to be postponed indefinitely.

Besides, it worked for JLvSS, don't see why it can't work for anything/anyone else.

Sandfox

One thing that stands out to me is that Spider-Man has been front and center for both pieces of art released so far. Also, Johnny and Logan seem like they will have roles as well.

Dusknoir

It's better that they are double shipping too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
One thing that stands out to me is that Spider-Man has been front and center for both pieces of art released so far. Also, Johnny and Logan seem like they will have roles as well.
Isnt he supposed to kill Steve Rogers? Makes sense IMO that he will have a big role.

It's better that they are double shipping too.

I agree but I think the length of the event effectively makes this a necessity. I respect their right to take however many pages they truly feel they need to tell the story. Generally speaking, though, the average length of a Marvel event must come down.

Admittedly this is only a serious problem for the annual Big Event but I do think it should be looked at. Like...CWII really did not need to be seven issues plus epilogue plus extra issue plus #0 plus FCBD

Not to mention a zillion tie-ins

What is Duke supposed to be anyway? I remember Bats saying he wanted something better than a Robin but just getting another sidekick and not calling him Robin is not much different.

Yeah, I'm not really sure. This back story arc is supposed to be leading to him finally getting his name and role, but it's kind of been dragged out to a dumb amount.

Read Detective 950

Dude's got a master plan.

Read Detective 950

I did, I don't see how that really has anything to do with it. The only reason he hasn't been used much in the other books is they're all waiting until Snyder says what the fuck he is. Saying there's a war coming or whatever doesn't really say anything about how Duke is any different than a Robin.

Snyder just wants to create his own shit.

I was looking forward to Jessica Jones, but worried it would not hold a candle to Alias. It is much better than I anticipated and right up there with Alias (one of my all time favorites) in quality.

I don't think it's quite on the same level, but the new JJ book is surprisingly solid. Much better than I thought it would be. But then you do have the same creative team on it.

One of those missing image expo books is randomly coming out this week.

I don't think I've ever even heard of this book.

My friend has always said that he was going to name his son Obi-Wan and have him go by Ben.

Women are the ones that give birth so this kind of thing doesn't happen. At least Kal-El can get away with giving his name as Calvin or something normal.

ElNarez

Banned
Read Detective 950

One aspect of this that I love is that Batman is propping up every single superteam ever as a direct result of being warned about an existential metaphysical threat to all of reality.

Compare and contrast with Marvel, where Cap is a nazi because reasons.

Maaaaan that's so coooooooooooooooool

I need that in avatar format

AVdMWxp.png

ElNarez

Banned
What happened in detective #950.

triple feature
A) It's Cassandra! See? The next story is about her! You wanted Cassandra, there she is, she's how you want her to be, everything is cool!
B) Batwing and Azrael talk theology! Is it thematic groundwork for an upcoming storyline? OF COURSE IT IS.
C) Hey, have you paid attention to what's been happening in the DCU? You should really pay attention to what's been happening, vis-à-vis, there's something afoot, universe-wise, and it's important that you see that because everything's connected

triple feature
A) It's Cassandra! See? The next story is about her! You wanted Cassandra, there she is, she's how you want her to be, everything is cool!
B) Batwing and Azrael talk theology! Is it thematic groundwork for an upcoming storyline? OF COURSE IT IS.
C) Hey, have you paid attention to what's been happening in the DCU? You should really pay attention to what's been happening, vis-à-vis, there's something afoot, universe-wise, and it's important that you see that because everything's connected

Weird, I completely forgot about the Azreal part.

One aspect of this that I love is that Batman is propping up every single superteam ever as a direct result of being warned about an existential metaphysical threat to all of reality.

Compare and contrast with Marvel, where Cap is a nazi because reasons.

TTTHHHHIIIIISSSSSSSS

ElNarez

Banned
I just remembered that Cap is a nazi because The Red Skull thought it was too boring to take over the world with a Cosmic Cube and Charles Xavier's brain.

Detective was long this week. Is this going to be the regular pagecount going forward because of the extra $1 they added to the cover price? Or was it just because this was issue #950?

Sandfox

I just remembered that Cap is a nazi because The Red Skull thought it was too boring to take over the world with a Cosmic Cube and Charles Xavier's brain.
It's not that he found it boring, he just wants the world to follow him without the use of Xavier's brain.

I was more angry that the cosmic cube and the whole bad guy concentration camp wasn't enough to cause some kind of civil war, they needed to create a celestial and make Danvers into a villain.

Sandfox

I was more angry that the cosmic cube and the whole bad guy concentration camp wasn't enough to cause some kind of civil war, they needed to create a celestial and make Danvers into a villain.
That wouldn't cause a civil war because Maria Hill and some of the people working under her were the only ones in support of it.

That wouldn't cause a civil war because Maria Hill and some of the people working under her were the only ones in support of it.

Well yeah the way it was written yeah, but I mean with the cube out there and then it being turned into a little girl could have been used a little better to start one than some random pop-up inhuman.

Sandfox

Well yeah the way it was written yeah, but I mean with the cube out there and then it being turned into a little girl could have been used a little better to start one than some random pop-up inhuman.
I don't think they would want to have CW2 focused on that stuff when it was setup for what Spencer has been working towards.

TheFlow

Banned
Omg I just realized hydra cap is because the red skull. So shouldn't he know caps plans for the lost part outside the secret stuff.

Sandfox

Omg I just realized hydra cap is because the red skull. So shouldn't he know caps plans for the lost part outside the secret stuff.
A lot of the surface stuff we've seen is actually the Red Skull's plan, but he doesn't know that Steve is playing him.

Top Bottom