• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Each year for valentines day my missus and I get each other a movie and half in for a nice meal for the evening to eat while watching them, and have a quiet night in that way. Bought her Independence Day 2 and just suffered through that (she loves disaster movies) . She got me.....Kubo! I remember everyone going crazy for this when it came out so thought I'd share. Literally just about to start.

(not valentines today I know, but we gotta take when we can get a babysitter and be happy with that hah)

mreddie

Secret Empire Summer?

First delay: June.

I want to make a thread about Secret Empire but I think GAF is burned out already.

mreddie

The SE thread

giphy.gif

I put a thread about CW2 on the main thread, it would be best to do the same.

Not doing the actual hype thread since my CW2 thread just flopped like the book.

Plus, Rebirth announcement was on the main thread page too so fair game?

I'm only teasing

It's probably good we have a separate space to vent about it. We will all just have to resist the temptation to snipe at people from here for the terrible posts it will eventually attract ;p

I was excited for Secret Wars after all the buildup but I was never really going to be up for CW2 after disliking the original. Secret Empire sounds more interesting but I'll probably read the collection if I do get around to it.

TheFlow

Banned
This will be the first marvel event where I plan to buy every issue day one. I am hyped for this. Also I am ready for the nazi shit to end after this year.

This will be the first marvel event where I plan to buy every issue day one. I am hyped for this. Also I am ready for the nazi shit to end after this year.

I predict something is going to happen to the cosmic cube kid before they can fix him, and he will be stuck this way until another cube comes along

So marvel liquidating stock on busiek's avengers and a host of other omni's? Kind of sucks because I just bought them both a few months ago lol.

Might nab annihilation conquest, still hoping they reprint annihilation someday.

TheFlow

Banned
Yes

She's the only cosmic cube we know of at the moment, so if something happens to her they won't be able to fix Cap's history. They would have to rehabilitate him somehow
True. I think he is going into some type of frozen stasis like winter soldier. Because we all know that ass whooping is coming his way.

Either that or the cube does fix him and his book relaunches but like captain marvel nobody really trust him anymore and what not.like people will know he wash brainwashed but doesn't really make them feel safe.

I think they have great chance of putting Sam Wilson more into the spotlight in the marvel verse maybe even Bucky due to thunderbolts maybe getting cancelled

VanWinkle

I'm confused about this omnibus liquidating thing. When should I buy the Oz omnibus? Now?

Hopefully it will go cheap soon. I bought it when they liquidated it last year, for $50. I don't expect it to go too much cheaper this year, but who knows.

Sandfox

What about Deadpool? or is he already on the team.

The current team is:
Old Man Logan
Sabretooth
Domino
Warpath
Lady Deathstrike

Deadpool is a possibility. I would also throw in Laura and any of the current Uncanny X-Men members as possibilities as well.

VanWinkle

Was browsing Amazon as I often do and came across this utterly bizarre review that I felt I needed to share. The way it's presented is just...so unusual. I wondered if this person has ever spoken out loud before.

zovvqYj.png

Unfortunately, the first thing I think of when people mention Gary Frank is that Superman statue he designed. It's...something.

That's so weird. I wonder what he was thinking on that pose.

MG310

Unfortunately, the first thing I think of when people mention Gary Frank is that Superman statue he designed. It's...something.

I'd still like to see that one in person...I do love the Reeve-esque face on it. Don't actually have any Superman statues.

Gary Frank also designed this one that appears to be Superman slam dunking Braniac's head back into his neck.

I'd still like to see that one in person...I do love the Reeve-esque face on it. Don't actually have any Superman statues.

I've seen it in person before. Quality-wise, it looks fine. But I feel like Superman is channeling Tingle from Legend of Zelda in this instance.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Cheryl Blossom is an awful actress. Like high school play level of bad.

Edit: and there no way in hell that Jason Blossom ever played a sport in his life.

John Wick: Chapter 2 is a masterclass example of how film is a visual medium. Perfect film/10
Given the rumors we've been hearing I expect the status quo.
If there is a god, he'll be reverted back to Old Man Rogers and him and Logan can hang out in a nursing home together for Grumpy Old Men 5

Sandfox

John Wick: Chapter 2 is a masterclass example of how film is a visual medium. Perfect film/10

If there is a god, he'll be reverted back to Old Man Rogers and him and Logan can hang out in a nursing home together for Grumpy Old Men 5

It's been a while since we just had regular Steve so I would probably like to see that for a bit. I did want to see a book with the old men characters meeting back before he got deaged though.

Whew Omega Men is lowkey slaying me with this sci fi space opera even though I don't really know what's going on. Random impulse buy at the comic shop was worth it.

Was browsing Amazon as I often do and came across this utterly bizarre review that I felt I needed to share. The way it's presented is just...so unusual. I wondered if this person has ever spoken out loud before..

Huh. Jones was very bulky and the book is better than most, despite when a scene changes. Sounds like I need to read this.

Kubo was so good! Definitely worth the wait. Not sure if better than Coraline in terms of plot but the animation, jeez

It's been a while since we just had regular Steve so I would probably like to see that for a bit. I did want to see a book with the old men characters meeting back before he got deaged though.
Old Man Rogers and Logan did meet up in Logan't book for an issue where Steve beat the shit out of him.
Well ain't that neat.
Yesterday I had to choose between Lego Batman or John Wick. Life is cruel. I have till next friday to see John Wick 2.
I had forgotten that LB came out until we went to the theater for JW2. Life truly is cruel.

Top Bottom