• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Maybe it was my mindset too but the DC and Marvel resets in the recent years have got me expecting an easy "hook" into a #1. You mentioned Green With Evil, is that an episode of a TV show or a 5 part mini-series? Maybe I should revisit the comic after watching/reading that?
Five part episode of MMPR introducing Tommy and the Green Ranger

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Tbh, all you need to know is Rita Repulsa made a new ranger, Tommy. He was under her control, before eventually breaking free of it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Death & its Maidens finally finished. Great story, was Nyssa a good replacement for Ras Al Ghul? And did Talia ever recognize that she was brain washed?

Read the first ~10 issues of David's X-Factor and I'm not really feeling it tbh. Needs more crime-solving adventures, less shit related to terrible Marvel events.

PsychBat!

Banned
I can understand the sentiment, though. I'm a MMPR fan as well, but even I was confused as to why they'd start there. It would have made for a better series had they started from the beginning, but it's still pretty bangin' as is.

I'm kind of sad that they're getting to the White Ranger so fast.

Back on the comic bandwagon starting today. I have two month's of issues to catch up on and I choose...Flash. Does this qualify as Stockholm syndrome?

What's good, fam? I miss anything worth reading?

:edit: This Rogues stuff is kinda fun.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Catching up on Wonder Woman. Think I might drop it tbh. Two concurrent stories, and I find neither one interesting.

Sandfox

Back on the comic bandwagon starting today. I have two month's of issues to catch up on and I choose...Flash. Does this qualify as Stockholm syndrome?

I'm sorry.

I could recommend some stuff, but I don't remember what you were reading and posting about in the community threads.

mreddie

Heheheheh

C4gWS0TUMAAmgyF.jpg

Catching up on Wonder Woman. Think I might drop it tbh. Two concurrent stories, and I find neither one interesting.

Ditto. There were a couple of issues I liked, but nothing to keep me coming back.

I'm sorry.

I could recommend some stuff, but I don't remember what you were reading and posting about in the community threads.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

Deadly class
/

Yeah, I think I have 1-2 issues of that waiting for me.

Ideally, this whole series would adapt Power Rangers as a whole franchise. I'm sure that won't happen, thoughz

My absolute dream for Boom and this license is we get an official version of Power Rangers Hexagon, which was the original Saban plan for the season that became Ninja Storm under Disney. It sounded so cool, Civil War years before Civil War was a thing.

ComicsAlliance article on Hexagon
Original writers' pitch.

Possibly the best book. I love it and hate it. But that issue was amazing.

Deadly Class #26: "REMEMBER ME, MOTHERFUCKER?"

GOAT. I'm honestly stunned. Remender is in beast mode. So fucking good. I want to post that final panel so hard, but spoilers or whatever.

Don't take this from me, Remender, you evil bastard. I can see him pulling the rug out from under me. I can't deal with that again.

Messi

Deadly Class #26: "REMEMBER ME, MOTHERFUCKER?"

GOAT. I'm honestly stunned. Remender is in beast mode. So fucking good. I want to post that final panel so hard, but spoilers or whatever.

Don't take this from me, Remender, you evil bastard. I can see him pulling the rug out from under me. I can't deal with that again.

I thought that was the issue you read lol. I nearly posted spoilers

Hellboy Winter Special 2017
This was enjoyable, as Hellboy always is. I feel like the first two stories were nice, but were more relevant to plot than I was aware of. The last one was genuinely creepy and felt like a good ol' fashioned episode of Supernatural or something similar. Good issue, especially since it's been awhile since I've read any Hellboy

Rom Annual #1
What a great issue. Origin story 101 right here. Though I wasn't expecting that to be the origin of the armor, I can dig it. This is pretty great. It's heartfelt and action-packed. Rom is a great character. Also the Knight
that looks like a moth, with the cloak and wings, is totally gonna be evil

Dope ass book is dope

Rom Annual #1
What a great issue. Origin story 101 right here. Though I wasn't expecting that to be the origin of the armor, I can dig it. This is pretty great. It's heartfelt and action-packed. Rom is a great character. Also the Knight
that looks like a moth, with the cloak and wings, is totally gonna be evil

What I liked about this was that they stuck with the original creative team and made one big relevant story instead of a number of smaller side stories with different creative teams as IDW usually has a tendency to do with their Annuals.

Sandfox

I've been catching up on Superman and that second arc almost made me stop reading, but the following two have been better.

I've been thinking the past couple of days about what Marvel's catalog should look like a year from now

It's pretty tough. I think they probably need to cut about 30-35% of their 616 books while also bringing back some key characters. And the list just keeps getting longer

Oldish post, but I was bored and got it down to about 42 books.

Vision #1-#3: This is creepy as fuck. That stiffness of the dialogue I felt in Sheriff of Baghdad? Works perfectly here!

Golden Age Bagman Just started this. Not enjoying it much as I hoped I would after Golden Age Sandman and Plastic Man.

Edit: Just noticed the Bagman typo. Will leave it in there because it sounds like a possible Dial H outcome.

Ross61

:edit: This Rogues stuff is kinda fun.

This Rogue arc has been flames so far.

Vision #1-#3: This is creepy as fuck. That stiffness of the dialogue I felt in Sheriff of Baghdad? Works perfectly here!

Golden Age Bagman Just started this. Not enjoying it much as I hoped I would after Golden Age Sandman and Plastic Man.

Edit: Just noticed the Bagman typo. Will leave it in there because it sounds like a possible Dial H outcome.

Tom King's style is such a perfect fit for Vision. I am grateful for what we got but I wish there had been more

Deadly Class #26 was amazing. I honestly never saw that coming.

Yeah Remender snagged issue of the year pretty quick

He's going to get the Oscar treatment on here for peaking too early in the year. Nothing will come close to touching this but who is going to be talking #26 in December? Fucking Harley Quinn or something is going to win. ;p

Poor you.

Perfect gif usage. Of course I instantly redeemed myself with Remender San.

This Rogue arc has been flames so far.

It's not bad, certainly the high point of the book so far.

TheFlow

Banned
He's going to get the Oscar treatment on here for peaking too early in the year. Nothing will come close to touching this but who is going to be talking #26 in December? Fucking Harley Quinn or something is going to win. ;p

Perfect gif usage. Of course I instantly redeemed myself with Remender San.

It's not bad, certainly the high point of the book so far.
Based how he is going he should be able to top #26

I dont think it was mentioned, but in the Empowered: Soldier of Love mini, the art is by Karla Diaz, and not Adam Warren, though Warren is still the writer. I really like Karla's art on this. It's a nice change.

TheFlow

Banned
Wild Storm and Super sons #1 on the same day. DC take it easy.

Sex Criminals returns <3

Marvel has a solid lineup for me as well(books I actually read)

What I liked about this was that they stuck with the original creative team and made one big relevant story instead of a number of smaller side stories with different creative teams as IDW usually has a tendency to do with their Annuals.
I hadn't thought about that, but that is a solid point.

Top Bottom