• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

caliph95

Haha, I feel like the book takes huge leaps in just about every direction it can. Jumps in time, jumps in logic, jumps in characterizations. I don't know if it's because it's made for past fans and not made very easy for new readers but it feels like everything is written to be a mystery when most the time it shouldn't be. It's like it requires every single detail and issue to be remembered. I'm basically always confused until the next issue where some stuff is resolved but I'm left confused again.

I'm still really fucking confused about the issue that had a fake Deathstroke having a meeting in a bar at the same time Slade was somewhere else. This book seems to really like fake Deathstrokes running around. Even in the most recent issue where it was trying to explain who put the hit out on Rose I felt just as confused as Rose. I knew there was weird shit going on with who did it, but it still seemed really confusing.

I honestly don't why i'm confused maybe my attention gone to shit which is likely but i remember loving Priest run on Black Panther. I still like the series but it always leaves my confused

Messi

I read comic books today. Now I have a toothache. I never should have read comics. Overwatch wouldn't do this to me.

I honestly don't why i'm confused maybe my attention gone to shit which is likely but i remember loving Priest run on Black Panther. I still like the series but it always leaves my confused

I wouldn't believe anyone that said they weren't at least a little confused after reading each issue.

At the end of this run I really hope someone does some kind of Primer style step by step understanding of the book.

I do really like it though, the funny thing is I think it does a good job of not needing to understand every single piece to have an appreciation for it. It will jump time in the next chapter and seemingly have 3 or 4 different stories going on in each issue and it is understandable enough to like it, but half the time connecting them to previous issues and even together can be confusing as hell.

I remember people saying it was a bad idea to merge your Comixology and Amazon accounts when they first introduced it. Is there any reason not to do it now? I was going to buy Infinity Gauntlet for a quid off Amazon and I'd like it on Comixology.

tim1138

I remember people saying it was a bad idea to merge your Comixology and Amazon accounts when they first introduced it. Is there any reason not to do it now? I was going to buy Infinity Gauntlet for a quid off Amazon and I'd like it on Comixology.

I've had mine merged since it launched and have never had any issues with it.

I like the story and I like the creative team.

I like that this event has at least had build in multiple titles. Civil War II felt out of nowhere despite also feeling like a contractual obligation and a milestone celebration since it'd been 10 years since the first one.

I don't have high hopes but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I bought this Asus VG245H for around $170. Color isn't super great compared to a TV but it's good enough if you tweak it compared to the HP LED 25es monitor I was using, which always looked washed out no matter what setting I had it on. It was giving me a headache to look at it. That was the main reason I got this. I wanted something that was affordable but still had the specs and color to be almost high end.

That's awesome man, that's nicer than mine. I have a tn panel too (the vg23ah, about 3 years old now). For some, tn panel colour isn't enough but honestly with some tweaks I think it's fine (especially since my front room TV colours are horrific), and you get a lot of perks gaming wise. Great input lag, minimal ghosting. Freesync too! I'm jealous ha you did well man, I think you'll be happy, that's a great monitor for the price point.

That's awesome man, that's nicer than mine. I have a tn panel too (the vg23ah, about 3 years old now). For some, tn panel colour isn't enough but honestly with some tweaks I think it's fine (especially since my front room TV colours are horrific), and you get a lot of perks gaming wise. Great input lag, minimal ghosting. Freesync too! I'm jealous ha you did well man, I think you'll be happy, that's a great monitor for the price point.

Isn't the VG248QE a newer version of your current monitor? I saw it at a Best Buy and the only difference was it had built-in Nvidia 3D and 144HZ refresh rate instead of 75HZ, which is irrelevant since I mostly console game. Yeah, I think I did good. I haven't played around with it too much due to work but I did play a couple of hours of Overwatch one night and the colors were much more defined and the image quality was sharp. No one looked blurry and gray-ish.

Isn't the VG248QE a newer version of your current monitor? I saw it at a Best Buy and the only difference was it had built-in Nvidia 3D and 144HZ refresh rate instead of 75HZ, which is irrelevant since I mostly console game. Yeah, I think I did good. I haven't played around with it too much due to work but I did play a couple of hours of Overwatch one night and the colors were much more defined and the image quality was sharp. No one looked blurry and gray-ish.

That looks about right, yea. When I picked mine up, the fad thing was 3d so mine has that but I've literally never used it and would MUCH prefer freesync haha. Brilliant, well, I hope you enjoy. I'm probably going to upgrade my card soon, but I think next year I'm just going to give this pc build to my partner for facebooking & playing the sims in the bedroom and the monitor along with it, so I have an excuse to get a nice shiny new monitor then!

I don't think I can take the potential of Tron 3 happening.

I might die if I get more Quorra.

I sincerely hope so. Putting TR3N on ice because fucking Tomorrowland didn't do well (I saw that movie for free and I still want my money back) was so dumb.

Still think TRON could be a big franchise for Disney in the right hands. Maybe we could get another season of Uprising on Netflix or something. What a show that was.

Did someone say it might actually be a thing that happens?

There is buzz around. Not much, but it's there. The TRON social media accounts have been getting more active again as of late.

Messi

I sincerely hope so. Putting TR3N on ice because fucking Tomorrowland didn't do well (I saw that movie for free and I still want my money back) was so dumb.

Still think TRON could be a big franchise for Disney in the right hands. Maybe we could get another season of Uprising on Netflix or something. What a show that was.

There is buzz around. Not much, but it's there. The TRON social media accounts have been getting more active again as of late.

Olivia was in the last time it was a go. I can't.

LMAO @ Nintendo Switch commercials on TV when they're pre-sold out everywhere. Nintendo, you slimy fucks.

They've made me a, they've made me a believer
BELIEVER

Me when I get mine in 17 days:
520.png

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My book bindery is still going crazy adding comics. Last week we added a bunch of ANAD Marvel titles. Tonight I saw Vol 1's for Paper Girls, Monstress, and Starve from Image plus a bunch of random titles from Boom, Oni, and Dark Horse.

All caught up on New Superman. Really fun book, don't know why I stopped reading. There were probably too many books coming out at one point.
There are always too many books coming out.

Tim. It's here and on sale!

Warren Ellis DC sale
https://www.comixology.com/Warren-Ellis-Collection-Sale/page/14092?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

And finally. FINALLY the complete Ellis stormwatch set is available.

One of the best cape team books out there. You don't need to know anything beforehand. In typical Ellis fashion he comes in goes clean slate and makes it his own

Also if you haven't picked them up I also highly highly recommend the following.

- Authority - only Ellis's work. It's widescreen comics
- Planetary - its essentially Ellis's fantastic four book
- Global Frequency. Great action packed series. Each issue a self contained story with rotations cast
- Transmet - Unfiltered Ellis. As relevant today as when it came out

Tim. It's here and on sale!

Warren Ellis DC sale
https://www.comixology.com/Warren-Ellis-Collection-Sale/page/14092?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

And finally. FINALLY the complete Ellis stormwatch set is available.

One of the best cape team books out there. You don't need to know anything beforehand. In typical Ellis fashion he comes in goes clean slate and makes it his own

Also if you haven't picked them up I also highly highly recommend the following.

- Authority - only Ellis's work. It's widescreen comics
- Planetary - its essentially Ellis's fantastic four book
- Global Frequency. Great action packed series. Each issue a self contained story with rotations cast
- Transmet - Unfiltered Ellis. As relevant today as when it came out

goddamn, here I was thinking I'd just take some time off from comic sales

Gonna get Planetary with my books this week.

I have not. But based off of the good words from you and Tim I know I'm in for a treat when I do get around to it!
It's amazing work. And you have the benefit of not having to wait 3 years between the second to last and final issue to come out. And the one before I think had a year gap or something as well

I swear I didn't think the series was going to actually end.

Top Bottom